11-10-2013 09:50 PM
27 12
tools
    Hello everybody I am seriously considering switching from my 4s to a Moto X. I was just wondering if this is a good time to get one. Should I wait for kit kat to come to the Moto X? Is the camera issue fixed? Also alittle off topic but what is the best way to manage music on the moto x
    Thanks for any help
    11-06-2013 02:19 PM
    Hello everybody I am seriously considering switching from my 4s to a Moto X. I was just wondering if this is a good time to get one. Should I wait for kit kat to come to the Moto X? Is the camera issue fixed? Also alittle off topic but what is the best way to manage music on the moto x
    Thanks for any help
    The latest update made the camera significantly better. I wouldn't let the 4.4 update be the deciding factor.

My primary three devices are an HTC one, moto x & nexus 5.

I still can't get over the form factor of the X. Frankly one of the best phones ever designed. Period.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    grooks likes this.
    11-06-2013 02:22 PM
    I like google music - it's a pretty good way to manage your music (in the cloud)
    grooks likes this.
    11-06-2013 02:28 PM
    Thanks for any help
    Right now is a good time to get a Moto X.
    mayconvert likes this.
    11-06-2013 02:50 PM
    How much music are you talking? There are options and some may be better than others.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-06-2013 02:53 PM
    If i remember correctly the camera fix was thrown up on the android store. I think they were fedup going through carrier validation/OTA channels
    11-06-2013 02:57 PM
    Considering Moto Maker is going to be available from Sprint/TMobile/Verizon in a week or less and the price has been cut, now's a great time to get a Moto X.
    11-06-2013 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I have another question how is recieving pic messages on the Moto X is the quality that distorted . I rather not use another app if I do not have to.
    11-06-2013 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys. I have another question how is recieving pic messages on the Moto X is the quality that distorted . I rather not use another app if I do not have to.
    That's not solely dependent on the Moto X. The phone it's coming from and the networks involved play a factor.

11-06-2013 03:27 PM
    Just to let you know, the real wood backs are coming to Moto maker soon. Probably rhey will drop around Thanksgiving for the holidays i would think. If youd be.in to those. I know i am

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-06-2013 04:19 PM
    Just to let you guys know I ordered the 16gb black Moto X from VZW for 50 bucks. Im excited to switch over
    tonymhoffman and Stang68 like this.
    11-06-2013 06:26 PM
    It's 499.99 for Phone alone on VZW as well.
    11-06-2013 06:37 PM
    It's 499.99 for Phone alone on VZW as well.
    That's 227 less than I paid for it.

11-06-2013 06:50 PM
    I Paid 582 or so out the door for an at&t variant. Was 540 plus tax. This has been a month or two back

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    11-06-2013 08:09 PM
    Just to let you guys know I ordered the 16gb black Moto X from VZW for 50 bucks. Im excited to switch over
    Great. Please let us know how you like it and if you have any questions about switching from iOS to Android.

11-06-2013 09:57 PM
    I have had this phone for a few weeks now. I also bought the Note 3 a few days ago and tried it out. I took the Note 3 back and went back to the Moto X.
    The moto x is awesome. I was comparing pictures I took with the Note 3 and the Moto X on a 27" iMac (calibrated monitor) and I think the Moto is 99% as good as Note 3.
    For $99 or $500, either way the Moto X is worth every penny. The note 3 was a great device, no issues at all, screen was beautiful but touch wiz spoils an otherwise good experience.
    I also missed my hands free, active display, and always listening features.
    The moto x is like owning pure android with sprinkles of awesome added. I love the clean, uncluttered UI.
    It's one of the best feeling devices in the hand that I have ever owned. I am an Apple fanboy and switched to the Moto X and I do not miss my iPhone one bit.
    I am in love with the Moto X. I may actually keep this one until the Moto X2 is released.
    Buy one, you will love it. No need to wait for 4.4 the phone has 4.2.2 but Moto added some of 4.3 into the device without even having 4.3 and is why they are skipping straight to 4.4
    Use Google Music myself.
    11-06-2013 11:26 PM
    I have had this phone for a few weeks now. I also bought the Note 3 a few days ago and tried it out. I took the Note 3 back and went back to the Moto X.
    The moto x is awesome. I was comparing pictures I took with the Note 3 and the Moto X on a 27" iMac (calibrated monitor) and I think the Moto is 99% as good as Note 3.
    For $99 or $500, either way the Moto X is worth every penny. The note 3 was a great device, no issues at all, screen was beautiful but touch wiz spoils an otherwise good experience.
    I also missed my hands free, active display, and always listening features.
    The moto x is like owning pure android with sprinkles of awesome added. I love the clean, uncluttered UI.
    It's one of the best feeling devices in the hand that I have ever owned. I am an Apple fanboy and switched to the Moto X and I do not miss my iPhone one bit.
    I am in love with the Moto X. I may actually keep this one until the Moto X2 is released.
    Buy one, you will love it. No need to wait for 4.4 the phone has 4.2.2 but Moto added some of 4.3 into the device without even having 4.3 and is why they are skipping straight to 4.4
    Use Google Music myself.
    My next phone will definitely have to be the X2 (if that's what it's called)
    I like the stock Android experience and I would rather have that be available out of the box than have to flash a custom ROM. Although some ROMs significantly improve battery live

tonymhoffman likes this.
    11-06-2013 11:40 PM
    Having used my Moto X for a bit over 24 hours I can say emphatically : "now is a good time and you should buy it on a day that ends in Y"
    11-07-2013 11:22 AM
    Having used my Moto X for a bit over 24 hours I can say emphatically : "now is a good time and you should buy it on a day that ends in Y"
    But, but, but, but...that's every day D:
    I have to go get one then
    11-07-2013 08:41 PM
    I just ordered my Verizon Developer Edition from Motorola and paid $675.00 (with tax). I didn't think 16 GB was enough for me, I use over 20 GB in my Gnex and am not interested in cloud storage.
    I pray I dont have the voice cut out issue with it, I have been suffering with the 30min hangup bug on the Gnex and cannot tolerate voice quality issues after paying that kind of money.
    I have not owned a motorola phone since 2007 and hope I am not disappointed.
    11-07-2013 10:13 PM
    I just ordered my Verizon Developer Edition from Motorola and paid $675.00 (with tax). I didn't think 16 GB was enough for me, I use over 20 GB in my Gnex and am not interested in cloud storage.
    I pray I dont have the voice cut out issue with it, I have been suffering with the 30min hangup bug on the Gnex and cannot tolerate voice quality issues after paying that kind of money.
    The voice cut out issue has been resolved.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    CutlaSS likes this.
    11-07-2013 10:54 PM
    Been using a 16gig demo device from Verizon (perk of my job) since the beginning of October. Other than the space, i love it. The Voice Cut Out issue has been fixed, and the camera has been improved.

I finally pulled the trigger Tuesday night and ordered the Dev edition to get 32gig and the unlocked boot loader. $649.99 + Tax. I was happy with the decision.

BUT... Late last night, I saw Moto dropped the price of the Dev editions to $549.99 + tax!!!! UGH!!! I called Moto, they don't have a real policy around some kind of price guarantee. If I want the difference back, I may need to return, and repurchase. You're likely in the same boat, unless they didn't ship and you can get them to cancel, then re-order. I'm waiting on a call back for "options" after I escalated my concern last night.

Either way, for $649.99 + Tax, to get 32gig + ability to unlock the bootloader and easily root without waiting on exploit, and the ability to flash a custom or alternate rom should the need or desire ever arise, was worth it. This is the first phone I've had to pay for in a long while, and this is the first phone in that time I don't mind spending that much on.

For $549.99 + Tax to get it... even better.

If I could have got by with 16gig and didn't want to root, I would have jumped at the $49.99 or $99 offers, upgrading my mom's dumb phone, and switching the X to my line later to keep unlimited data.

Having tried the HTC One, Note 3, and having a GS4, iPhone5 & 5S, GS3, and other phones and devices, the X is the perfect phone for me. Battery life has been good, its the best size, fit in hand, screen, speed, etc. Only improvements I would suggest would be having a SD card slot, maybe a removable battery, and port Moto's SmartActions that the Bionic had to the X (or expand Moto Assist's features to fully match SmartActions) .
    huntnyc and CutlaSS like this.
    11-08-2013 06:17 AM
    Guys- thanks for the info
    I got home from work tonight put the Beetle case I got from Amazon on it and ...I do like the weight and feel. Almost a sin to cover it with a case but as I haven't figured out a way for my phones and food to defy gravity, I will have to rock a case for the phones and a napkin for my lap.

Just would like to bypass the setup on it and get to the phone to turn on wifi. Does anyone know how?
    11-09-2013 12:22 AM
    Just would like to bypass the setup on it and get to the phone to turn on wifi. Does anyone know how?
    If you mean like the old days of taping each corner in order to get right to the OS? I don't think that exists any more. A few license and privacy "agreements" are now needed. Best thing, pull the SIM card before powering up. You'll get the minimum hoops to jump through, and you can skip past a few things. Once finished, you can go into settings and enable wifi.
    CutlaSS likes this.
    11-09-2013 07:06 AM
    Best device I've owned and the most satisfied I've been with a cellphone since the Nokia N95, which was quite groundbreaking back in the day... And I think it was only 7 years ago or so. Amazing how far things have come, but that old N95 had a great camera and really introduced mobile maps to the world. Too bad they blew it, but that's another subject.
    11-09-2013 10:05 AM
27 12