$200 off-contract amazon glitch

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Based on the comments I read at DroidLife it appears Amazon has the ability to recall a shipment while it is enroute.

Amazon has apparently told people that even though their order has shipped it's going to be rerouted back to Amazon's warehouse.

Posted via Android Central App

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I didn't snag a Moto X, but I was able to get a Verizon Note 3 for $299. It shipped earlier today. Also, XDCX, Amazon has had screwups like this in the past and not once have they rerouted deliveries to go back to their warehouses. I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't that be illegal? Once you've paid for it and you've been sent a tracking number, the product is essentially yours. They can't just take it back... or can they? To me that just screams illegal. Anyone wanna chime in to verify these claims?Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 5.06.16 PM.png

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't snag a Moto X, but I was able to get a Verizon Note 3 for $299. It shipped earlier today. Also, XDCX, Amazon has had screwups like this in the past and not once have they rerouted deliveries to go back to their warehouses. I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't that be illegal? Once you've paid for it and you've been sent a tracking number, the product is essentially yours. They can't just take it back... or can they? To me that just screams illegal. Anyone wanna chime in to verify these claims?View attachment 90672

I'm pretty sure they're within their rights to re-route or cancel orders if there was an error on their side. The customer would be refunded.

Now if the item was shipped and the customer took delivery of it, I'm not sure if Amazon could do anything in that case.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the impression that the magnitude of this screw-up was pretty big.

While I hope Amazon does the right thing my bet is they can reverse any transaction as long as the customer hasn't taken physical possession.

There's a report over at DroidLife with 1,500+ comments. If Amazon's going to honor their pricing it should be clear tomorrow since some people requested next-day delivery.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I get the impression that the magnitude of this screw-up was pretty big.

While I hope Amazon does the right thing my bet is they can reverse any transaction as long as the customer hasn't taken physical possession.

There's a report over at DroidLife with 1,500+ comments. If Amazon's going to honor their pricing it should be clear tomorrow since some people requested next-day delivery.

Yea, that is what I'm guessing too. Wished I could had cashed in.

Edit: I was just thinking that if 1000 of those comments on droid life bought an average of 5 (I saw a few posts of ppl buying 10 of each) and were honored by amazon than amazon would lose at least several million from this glitch. This wouldn't include people who don't post online.

Last edited:

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd feel pretty bad for Amazon if people really were buying 5-10 of them, but for folks who just got one for themselves I'd think it would be better goodwill for Amazon to eat that loss and let them have it. I don't want to see any long, expensive, drawn out legal battle... but I'd love to see a legal definition of when a shipped item becomes the customers property come from all of this.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd feel pretty bad for Amazon if people really were buying 5-10 of them, but for folks who just got one for themselves I'd think it would be better goodwill for Amazon to eat that loss and let them have it. I don't want to see any long, expensive, drawn out legal battle... but I'd love to see a legal definition of when a shipped item becomes the customers property come from all of this.

Haha I know... So far I have saw one report of their phones as delivered. Someone has reported 8 lg g2's on swagga as $445. I'm not sure if that is true or if that person selling at that price cashed in on the deal. However, if people who bought got their devices I can foresee a lot of cheaper phones sold by average people

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you receive it, it will/should be honored. A similar thing happened with me a few months ago with Tiger Direct. They had misprinted Buffalo Linkstation 420's for $2.15 instead of $215.00. A bunch of us placed orders and I ordered 2 of them with 2 day shipping. One of my friends had 4 the day after he ordered. A couple friends that ordered before me had their packages rerouted back to Tiger Direct. Somehow I got mine about a week after I ordered. I paid with Google Wallet and the whole ordeal was weird. I got a order confirmation and a tracking number. After I got my servers Google Wallet sent me an email saying that I needed to update card info because my order had been declined. My debit card was obviously a valid card, so I re-entered the same info but the charge was never made. Like 6 weeks later I get an email from Google Wallet saying that my order had been cancelled. So here I sit with $430 worth of hardware that I tried to pay $4.30 + $15.33 shipping for and I can't get Tiger Direct to take any money from me.

Computer screw ups are weird and potentially costly!

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
That cool that amazon will sent out the device. Some of us got in on the moto x deal, but dell will probably cancel all the orders

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer