I'm looking at getting either the Moto X or Droid Maxx. I have the Razr Maxx HD right now, and typically I don't go below 60% battery (though it is nice to have that cushion sometimes). I'm kind of leaning towards the X when Moto Maker comes to Verizon (hopefully a few days) and I can get a 32 GB version with some custom colors. Does anybody have a recommendation either way or something I may need to be aware of?
    11-08-2013 11:31 AM
    You will fall in love with your phone.

So watch out.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    11-08-2013 11:33 AM
    be aware that the moto x is the best phone i have owned to date, and i had many of them
    11-08-2013 12:19 PM
    The X has good battery life but won't come close to what you're used to from the Razr Maxx HD. If Battery life is that important to you, then you might want to take another look at the Droid Maxx. Functionally the X and the Maxx are practically identical, the difference comes down to a preference of form vs battery life. You really can't go wrong with either one, it just depends on what your personal preference is.
    11-08-2013 12:36 PM
    If you want the size of the Moto X, go with the Moto X. If you need the battery, go with the DROID MAXX.
    grooks, Mark_Venture and mhettrich like this.
    11-08-2013 12:44 PM
    If you want the size of the Moto X, go with the Moto X. If you need the battery, go with the DROID MAXX.
    What he said. The software on both pretty much the same

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2013 01:03 PM
    I was in the same boat as you. I couldn't decide between the two. After using them at the store I had to go with the moto x. Its size is great and build quality feels substantially better. I'm impulsive and couldn't wait for motomaker on vzw and picked up my x 24 hours ago. I love this phone but I'm already having battery life worries. In my first day I was down to 2% when I plugged it in to go to bed. To be fair though it had pretty heavy use because of the "newness". I do love this phone and think it feels 100 times better than the maxx.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    11-09-2013 06:44 AM
    I was in the same boat as you. I couldn't decide between the two. After using them at the store I had to go with the moto x. Its size is great and build quality feels substantially better. I'm impulsive and couldn't wait for motomaker on vzw and picked up my x 24 hours ago. I love this phone but I'm already having battery life worries. In my first day I was down to 2% when I plugged it in to go to bed. To be fair though it had pretty heavy use because of the "newness". I do love this phone and think it feels 100 times better than the maxx.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Give it a few days until you are into your normal routine. Most people use their phones heavy the first few days.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    11-09-2013 10:05 AM
    I have both actually. Well three. Maxx. Maxx hd and x. The X is my daily though. I've upgraded a few times and that was the progression. My X is king. I wouldn't go back to either for anything. Not even the monster battery.

Posted via my MotoX
    11-09-2013 11:35 AM
    I've had a lot of phones over the years and I can tell you that the Moto X is by far the BEST phone I've used to date! They just got it all right from the start.
    11-10-2013 11:23 AM
    I'd get the Maxx. It has a bigger battery and a bigger battery and is a better phone.
    11-13-2013 10:01 AM
    I'm actually debating to get the X 32gb. I have the Maxx but the X feels better in hand. There's only 2 things that I would be missing, out on, the huge battery and wireless charging (which isn't a big deal) . I bought the Maxx to ensure the battery would last throughout the day. Do you think this will be an issue? Up at 6am and plug it in around 11 in the evening.

For the person that started the thread the Maxx is a great phone and you won't regret it. To me the X just feels better in hand.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2013 11:08 AM
    I'm actually debating to get the X 32gb. I have the Maxx but the X feels better in hand. There's only 2 things that I would be missing, out on, the huge battery and wireless charging (which isn't a big deal) . I bought the Maxx to ensure the battery would last throughout the day. Do you think this will be an issue? Up at 6am and plug it in around 11 in the evening.
    How long the X's battery lasts depends on how you use your phone. I usually unplug around 7am and use the phone throughout the day for texting, email, news articles, sports scores, Ingress and G+ total about 4 - 4.5 hours of screen time. Plug in around 11pm each night and still have about 30% battery left.
    swany1970 likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:22 AM

For the person that started the thread the Maxx is a great phone and you won't regret it. To me the X just feels better in hand.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I decided to go with the X. I do have a MAXX HD and think it is a great phone. I'm sure the new MAXX is as well. The battery would be nice, but I don't feel like I necessarily need it. Like I mentioned before I am usually sitting over 60% on my battery with my current phone anyway. What pushed me over the edge was being able to get 32 GB through moto maker, customization, and on screen buttons. Mostly superficial things. I don't need a larger screen (though I don't want to go under 4 inch). I think the design looks better on the X, but that is personal preference. I also read that the X has less preinstalled apps on Verizon than the MAXX. Not a huge deal since they can be disabled, but they still take up a little space and it is somewhat annoying having to do it in the first place. I do think it bothers others more than me.

Now I'm just playing the waiting game for my phone...
    Ry and swany1970 like this.
    11-13-2013 11:28 AM
    Thanks that's what i was thinking as well. I generally have 60-70 percent of battery left at the end of the day so I don't think it will be a problem. I realize it depends on how you use your phone which varies from person to person so it's not really a fair question. I'm just trying to make myself feel confident that "for me" I can make it thru the entire day either on 4g or wifi but really it's how I use the phone. I just don't want to have to look for a charger halfway thru the day like I did my GNex. The Maxx battery is a beast and it's tough to let go of that.

LOL I'm just trying to convince myself to pull the trigger.

Thanks for the input guys
    11-13-2013 11:35 AM