Pioneer Appradio support

Slowhand00

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've all but decided to pull the trigger on a Moto X, however the one thing holding me back is that I want to get the Pioneer Appradio head unit for my car for smartphone mirroring. Here is the current list of compatible phones:

Android Compatibility | Pioneer Electronics USA

I know Moto X isn't on there, however I'm wondering if anyone has tried it with one of the appradio mod apps like ARliberator? Since the Moto X has mhl (does it have hdmi?) I'm assuming it should be no problem in the future to get it working. I just don't want to buy the phone to have all of my car audio aspirations smashed. And yes, I travel for work so I'm in my car an exorbitant amount of time each day so this is very high up on my priorities list.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I've all but decided to pull the trigger on a Moto X, however the one thing holding me back is that I want to get the Pioneer Appradio head unit for my car for smartphone mirroring. Here is the current list of compatible phones:

Android Compatibility | Pioneer Electronics USA

I know Moto X isn't on there, however I'm wondering if anyone has tried it with one of the appradio mod apps like ARliberator? Since the Moto X has mhl (does it have hdmi?) I'm assuming it should be no problem in the future to get it working. I just don't want to buy the phone to have all of my car audio aspirations smashed. And yes, I travel for work so I'm in my car an exorbitant amount of time each day so this is very high up on my priorities list.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for posting the link. I was looking for that as well.

Slowhand00

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere else that even though MHL is listed on the Moto X specs, it is not working?? I would hate for this to be the one thing that keeps me from getting this phone.

anon(578327)

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I can confirmed that the Moto X ( VZW ) does not support MHL. I have tried a regular MHL cable and a MHL 2 cable with no success. The cables do not even charge the phone at all and I know that both cables work as I was using them with my previous GNEX. The only way to mirror the device onto the App Radio is via wireless display.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the appradio 3 supports the Note 3? I know it isn't listed, but I wasn't sure if someone actually tried it or not.

Sara Moscatel

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having connectivity issues to their Appradio 3?

I just had the radio installed in May & subsequently got my phone, an HTC One M7, rooted.

It mirrored without issues until today, when the radio couldn't even detect my phone was connected to the mhl cable, but only charged at a very slow pace when it is normally quick. I touch the app button but nothing happens. Automatically, my phone connects via bluetooth & gives me no other options.

Please help. I was in love with this thing but now I'm really annoyed.

- Rooted HTC One M7
- Appradio 3
- ARunchained installed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt