Moto x off contract 16gb att $205@ dell

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Aint happening guys...Dell called me and emailed saying they made the mistake and its gonna only be for 2 year contracts..so I cancelled my order....better cancel yours so you don't have to do a return

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Have to do a return..? What does it really matter? Not trying to sound rude, but its not like any of this can inconvenience us. Its their fault. If it won't go through, then they'll take care of it..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Have to do a return..? What does it really matter? Not trying to sound rude, but its not like any of this can inconvenience us. Its their fault. If it won't go through, then they'll take care of it..

That's how I feel! I plan to ride this out to the end, however it ends.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead, your just in for a return shipping and a charge on your credit card first...just telling you its not gonna happen

Here's what I can't figure out: how do they force the contract? I would think that Dell would have to get your AT&T contract info before they ship the phone. This means (for me) it won't ship, because I'm not an AT&T customer. If they do ship it, what's stopping me from putting in my Net10 SIM card? Or if AT&T won't allow it via Net10, what if I get an unlock code from a 3rd party and use it on T-Mobile? I really have no clue how Dell handles contract sales, which is why I'm going to ride it out. At worst I refuse the shipment or RMA it and possibly pay a shipping fee.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Aint happening guys...Dell called me and emailed saying they made the mistake and its gonna only be for 2 year contracts..so I cancelled my order....better cancel yours so you don't have to do a return

Dell is not shipping the phone out without you signing a 2 yr contract. People are already getting emails from AT&t asking them to sign up for the contract. There no way Dell is going to risk shipping out the phone without a 2 year commitment.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Further delayed..
Dear Customer, We're sorry but your order will take longer to fulfill than previously communicated and is now scheduled to be delivered on or before 12/3/2013

Because we did not meet the date previously communicated to you, we need your permission today to continue your order with this new date. If we do not receive your permission, the Federal Trade Commission requires that we cancel your order.
I consented. I'll only cancel when they actually send me an email about the 2 year contract.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Further delayed..

Dear Customer, We're sorry but your order will take longer to fulfill than previously communicated and is now scheduled to be delivered on or before 12/3/2013

Because we did not meet the date previously communicated to you, we need your permission today to continue your order with this new date. If we do not receive your permission, the Federal Trade Commission requires that we cancel your order.

I consented. I'll only cancel when they actually send me an email about the 2 year contract.

Same here. I got the same email, and I consented.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I canceled my order. It was just too good to be true anyway. And I don't want a hassle of getting RMA and having to ship it back.

Hey, maybe Dell is just delaying & threatening hoping to get people to cancel, because they know they're obligated to fulfill the orders!

Disclaimer: I don't actually think that that's the case, but it's a hopeful thought...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey, maybe Dell is just delaying & threatening hoping to get people to cancel, because they know they're obligated to fulfill the orders!

Disclaimer: I don't actually think that that's the case, but it's a hopeful thought...

It's not the case. They could just simply cancel the order and refund any money that has been exchanged.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Game over. It's what we expected, but Dell handled it poorly.
Congratulations , your mobile device purchase through Dell has been processed successfully. Now you need to complete your activation and set up your wireless service. Please follow the steps below and your device will be shipped immediately.

Step 1 Sign In to the Activation Portal Please use the following link to securely log into the activation portal. You will be asked for information to set up a unique log in and password that will allow you access to managing and tracking your order.

Sign In

Step 2 Select wireless services Select the preferred service(s) for your device. You will be given options to select voice, data and messaging features depending on the device you have purchased. If you have an existing account with the selected carrier(s) in your order, all prevailing discounts will be applied accordingly.

Step 3 Submit information Please review your order and supply any additional information necessary.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve your wireless needs.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk