Motorola Assist wish list item: "Sleeping" multiple schedules

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have different sleeping schedules during the week verses the weekend. It would be nice to have different schedules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have different sleeping schedules during the week verses the weekend. It would be nice to have different schedules.

Absolutely with you on this. I've been advocating this for a while and I'd be surprised if we don't see it implemented at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 5

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The app Nights Keeper is basically like Assist sleeping mode on steroids. Highly recommend ditching Assist and trying Nights Keeper.

Sent from my Nexus 7

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The app Nights Keeper is basically like Assist sleeping mode on steroids. Highly recommend ditching Assist and trying Nights Keeper.

Thank you for pointing out Nights Keeper. I just gave it a try, but it does not allow more than one profile (example: weekdays, weekend) on the free version. I found another app called "Do Not Disturb Mode" and I'm going to give that a try.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 7

There's always a "better" app than a native feature. I'll stick with the native feature for now in the interest of battery efficiency. That is more important to me than enhancing in a relatively minor way a built in feature. Hopefully moto will be enhancing these built in features that attracted us to this device in the first place.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
... Hopefully moto will be enhancing these built in features that attracted us to this device in the first place.

I posted something about this to G+ and a Senior Director of product development for Motorola Mobility replied and said that he can't comment on specifics, but my suggestion is something he has at the top of his list. So, we don't know the time frame, but at least we know they're listening to their customers.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
There's always a "better" app than a native feature. I'll stick with the native feature for now in the interest of battery efficiency. That is more important to me than enhancing in a relatively minor way a built in feature. Hopefully moto will be enhancing these built in features that attracted us to this device in the first place.

Fair enough. Fwiw I haven't noticed any battery drain due to Nights Keeper whatsoever.

Also, despite the fact that it's developed by Motorola, Assist is an app, and I imagine it would use just as much battery as any comparable app.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance