Does anyone remember what time MotoMaker went live?

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to order a custom Moto X on Verizon first thing tomorrow morning. I was just wondering if anyone here remembered what time MotoMaker went live for AT&T. I have to work in the morning, and I'm not sure if I'll have a bunch of time to get an order in or not. If it went live for AT&T at midnight, I would be willing to stay up until then to get my order in right away. But if it didn't go live until later in the day, then I obviously don't want to throw away a few hours of sleep for nothing.

I really would like to get my order in ASAP, in hopes that by some miracle, I would have it by Friday, my birthday, and a night at the bars, where a phone and a battery besides those of my Galaxy Nexus would be greatly appreciated. :)

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure but what color combo are you going with? Im trying to wait for the wood back but its killing me cause I want the phone now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure but what color combo are you going with? Im trying to wait for the wood back but its killing me cause I want the phone now!

I really don't understand everyone's fascination with the wood backs. Kinda strange... but to each his own, I suppose. :)

I think I'm going this route:

RD3Jiw0.png

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Nice! I like that combo with the red accent too. The wood back is just different I guess. Something new that looks sorta premium

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm very tempted to go with the red accents, but it seems nobody here bothered to post a decent picture of their custom Moto X with red accents. And I really don't want to get them and have them look as pink as they look online.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm very tempted to go with the red accents, but it seems nobody here bothered to post a decent picture of their custom Moto X with red accents. And I really don't want to get them and have them look as pink as they look online.

If you are near an AT&T store, some of them have a display that has one of each front, back and accent so you can see them in person.

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
And in case you haven't already bookmarked it, here's a link to the VZW ordering site for when it actually goes live...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...izon.com/smartphones/motorola/&token=IdF8RuHN
Oh, don't worry. I've had the Page Monitor Chrome extension running all day on that page. The second that "Temporarily out of stock" text changes, I'll have bells and whistles going off like crazy. I've got a birthday later this week, and if there is *any* chance that I can get my device by then, my night at the bars will be a lot easier than it will be with my Galaxy Nexus. -_-

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to order a custom Moto X on Verizon first thing tomorrow morning. I was just wondering if anyone here remembered what time MotoMaker went live for AT&T. I have to work in the morning, and I'm not sure if I'll have a bunch of time to get an order in or not. If it went live for AT&T at midnight, I would be willing to stay up until then to get my order in right away. But if it didn't go live until later in the day, then I obviously don't want to throw away a few hours of sleep for nothing.

I really would like to get my order in ASAP, in hopes that by some miracle, I would have it by Friday, my birthday, and a night at the bars, where a phone and a battery besides those of my Galaxy Nexus would be greatly appreciated. :)

The at&t launch had motomaker available for cards the night of launch and didn't fully go to buying on motomaker until a week later

Posted via Android Central App

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The at&t launch had motomaker available for cards the night of launch and didn't fully go to buying on motomaker until a week later

Posted via Android Central App
Meaning what, exactly? That they sold the codes to customize a Moto X that people couldn't use for a week? Or that there was no automatic purchase process for AT&T on MotoMaker like there is now?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Meaning what, exactly? That they sold the codes to customize a Moto X that people couldn't use for a week? Or that there was no automatic purchase process for AT&T on MotoMaker like there is now?
no... they sold plastic cards that had codes which can be used on motomaker that launched on the night of the Moto X launch date.... Motomaker at the time didn't have the option to purchase on their website, but only was able to craft a new moto x from the motomaker card you bought at an AT&T store beforehand. The option to buy directly from the motorola motomaker website without these ridiculous cards happened a week later.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I think AT&T had it set up the way the way they did as it was the initial launch of moto maker and wanted to make sure things worked properly. I would suspect if moto maker is available on Monday then it should be no later than 9 am sick is when most stores are open. Of course would not rule out a midnight online launch.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

That's the same reason why I'm not getting red and instead am going for orange or blue. I've seen the red in person and it looks like a cherry red, but still I'm on the fence.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So it's 11/11 after 9am EST so where is it? What a let-down.
By the way I was going for the black weave back, black front, blue accents also, with 32GB.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Well the MotoMaker splash / homepage has all the carrier logos on it now, but you still can't pick anything but AT&T when checking out.