11-12-2013 09:53 AM
35 12
tools
    Well, finally got to the link via IE (might have been a problem with Chrome, or cache). But now they won't take my credit card. Called the CC company, they said they approved it multiple times already, but the site keeps telling me there was an error and to try again.

Edit: I'm in a Live Chat right now with Motorola.

Edit 2: "Here is what I can do, I will have the right department handle this issue and we will get in touch with you once we have an update." They are going to call me at some point...
    11-11-2013 09:31 AM
    Well, finally got to the link via IE (might have been a problem with Chrome, or cache). But now they won't take my credit card. Called the CC company, they said they approved it multiple times already, but the site keeps telling me there was an error and to try again.
    Which carrier are you getting the phone for? If Verizon, are you starting with the Verizon site and getting re-directed to Moto Maker or are you starting at the Motorola site?
    11-11-2013 09:48 AM
    Which carrier are you getting the phone for? If Verizon, are you starting with the Verizon site and getting re-directed to Moto Maker or are you starting at the Motorola site?
    I started at Verizon and took that link to MotoMaker (that wasn't an option originally this morning, apparently only got turned on about 20 minutes ago.)

Completely random sidenote, following the link from Verizon defaults the X to 32 gig... kind of sneaky!
    11-11-2013 09:53 AM
    I am having issues with payment as well. Talked to the issuer and they said they are showing all authorizations going through and then getting refunded. Unfortunately now I may have met my daily threshold if it does get sorted...
    11-11-2013 09:53 AM
    Got a call. In my case it was a problem with shipping to my work address (something I've done a ton before with other companies). Rep said they were working with the IT folks on this, made it sound like it was a bug on the Motorola end of things. There appear to be no actual problems on the credit card side.

Next update: It apparently was autocorrecting my address to a slightly different layout and causing a mismatch. They're still working on it.
    11-11-2013 10:09 AM
    Sounds like you got more help than I did. Motorola basically told me there's nothing they can do and call Verizon to see if they can issue an order pin. I'm on the phone with Verizon and they don't even know what Moto Maker is. He's checking now but doesn't see a way to order a pin in his system....
    11-11-2013 10:17 AM
    Sounds like you got more help than I did. Motorola basically told me there's nothing they can do and call Verizon to see if they can issue an order pin. I'm on the phone with Verizon and they don't even know what Moto Maker is. He's checking now but doesn't see a way to order a pin in his system....
    Nothing worse than a clueless employee. :\

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    11-11-2013 10:31 AM
    Got a call. In my case it was a problem with shipping to my work address (something I've done a ton before with other companies). Rep said they were working with the IT folks on this, made it sound like it was a bug on the Motorola end of things. There appear to be no actual problems on the credit card side.

Next update: It apparently was autocorrecting my address to a slightly different layout and causing a mismatch. They're still working on it.
    Probably changing your address to the USPS approved official version.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-11-2013 11:34 AM
    I really don't understand everyone's fascination with the wood backs. Kinda strange... but to each his own, I suppose.

I think I'm going this route:

Attachment 91081
    Nice, if I had an X I'd probably go for this too since the red accents look pink :thumbdown:
    11-11-2013 03:30 PM
    Still couldn't order from Motomaker for whatever reason. Motorola was no help other than just telling me to go to a store. Finally got a code from Verizon and am setting mine up now. So much work to order a phone... :-P
    11-12-2013 09:53 AM
35 12