Hey there,

Have any of you guys purchased the Pro Shell Case from the MotoMaker website? It's the $35 case and it looks pretty nice. I'm looking for a good case that will show off my MotoMaker design.

Thanks!
    11-11-2013 06:11 AM
    Hey there,

Have any of you guys purchased the Pro Shell Case from the MotoMaker website? It's the $35 case and it looks pretty nice. I'm looking for a good case that will show off my MotoMaker design.

Thanks!
    Buy the insurance from motorola and use the phone without a case unless you choose white as well the back. The insurance covers accidental with a $39 deductible... I believe 3 claims a year? I can't remember... $85 for the insurance

Posted via Android Central App
    11-11-2013 07:24 AM
    I'll check website but can I purchase the insurance from Motorola even though I paid for the phone at AT&T?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    11-11-2013 08:25 AM
    I'll check website but can I purchase the insurance from Motorola even though I paid for the phone at AT&T?

If you buy phone from motomaker website, or you bought a motomaker card to use on the motomaker website you can add Motorola's insurance. However, if you buy the moto x from at&t website or at&t store then you may not be able to get Motorola's insurance.

grooks likes this.
    11-11-2013 08:29 AM
    If you buy phone from motomaker website, or you bought a motomaker card to use on the motomaker website you can add Motorola's insurance. However, if you buy the moto x from at&t website or at&t store then you may not be able to get Motorola's insurance.
    I think you are correct. It has been my understanding that Motorola's insurance is only for motomaker phones.
    11-11-2013 09:33 AM
    I bought code in the store and redeemed it on website. Had a glitch with my order and have to reorder now. Waiting on them to send me another redemption code. I was told I could purchase extended warranty through them.

11-11-2013 09:59 AM
    i have the case. it is really slippery, especially on the sides (i thought they would be rubber). also there isn't much of a lip to protect the front. i wasn't a huge fan of it, but i do tend to use it over the tpu cases i have. not really sure why. also it has the dimple accessible. if i had to do it again, i'd probably buy the griffin reveal instead.
    Stang68 likes this.
    11-11-2013 11:44 AM
    I bought code in the store and redeemed it on website. Had a glitch with my order and have to reorder now. Waiting on them to send me another redemption code. I was told I could purchase extended warranty through them.

That sux but at least its better than the at&t motomaker launch... Ppl getting overcharged and not being able to order for weeks... Hopefully this new issue is resolved with just that order.

11-11-2013 12:08 PM
    I have it. I like it.

Here's my video review.

Stang68 likes this.
    11-11-2013 12:45 PM
    That sux but at least its better than the at&t motomaker launch... Ppl getting overcharged and not being able to order for weeks... Hopefully this new issue is resolved with just that order.

And if AT&T had not been exclusive originally, imagine how the MotoMaker launch would have been.

11-11-2013 12:54 PM
    I inquired multiple times to be sure, and the Moto Care insurance will cover my Sprint Moto X, so I was able to cancel the overpriced $11/month Asurion policy that Sprint's Total Equipment Protection foists on customers ($200 deductible, seriously?) Motorola insurance doesn't cover loss/theft but is otherwise a much better deal.
    11-11-2013 02:32 PM
    So where do you sign up for this insurance? On Motorola's site?
    11-11-2013 03:03 PM
    So where do you sign up for this insurance? On Motorola's site?
    It offers a it when building your phone and making the order.

11-11-2013 03:09 PM
    This is where I bought it for my Sprint phone, which worked fine without purchasing anything else through that site. Bizarrely, it wouldn't let me complete the transaction without signing up for Google+, and after complaining strenuously about this to Motorola I pulled the trigger anyway, since my window of opportunity was running out and I figured Google would keep figuring out insidious new ways to foist Google+ on me anyway.
    11-16-2013 08:04 PM
    This is where I bought it for my Sprint phone, which worked fine without purchasing anything else through that site. Bizarrely, it wouldn't let me complete the transaction without signing up for Google+, and after complaining strenuously about this to Motorola I pulled the trigger anyway, since my window of opportunity was running out and I figured Google would keep figuring out insidious new ways to foist Google+ on me anyway.
    Yeah, they're getting to be too much with that. But you can deactivate from google+ in settings. Then they take you through a whole buncha nonesense to get out, but thank goodness they don't tell you too bad, so sad, and finally let you out.
    11-16-2013 08:09 PM
    I don't know why everyone hates Google+ so much. Even if you don't use the social aspect of it, it's great for backing up pics (and the auto-awesome feature is, well...awesome). I like that my pics are automatically backed up to the Google cloud whenever I plug in my phone. That way, I never have to worry about losing them or having them take up too much space on my phone.

And I like using the social aspect of it to share albums with family.
    gabbott and dmark44 like this.
    11-16-2013 08:25 PM
    i have the case. it is really slippery, especially on the sides (i thought they would be rubber). also there isn't much of a lip to protect the front. i wasn't a huge fan of it, but i do tend to use it over the tpu cases i have. not really sure why. also it has the dimple accessible. if i had to do it again, i'd probably buy the griffin reveal instead.
    Hi,

So how resistant is it to scratches? Is the case going to look all scuffed up if say I drop the phone on a parking lot while getting out of my car?
    01-24-2014 03:50 PM
    So how resistant is it to scratches? Is the case going to look all scuffed up if say I drop the phone on a parking lot while getting out of my car?
    I have the Air Jacket Case, which is pretty much the same thing as the Incase, except the Air Jacket Case (not the Air Jacket Grip) is made of some sort of self-healing material. I've gotten a scuff on the case before, and it healed itself to the point where I can't even see it anymore. I've had it for almost a month now, and it's still basically scratch free. Do note, however, that the material won't heal itself if the scratch is too deep.
    01-24-2014 05:59 PM
    My nephew got one and I didn't like it. It already had scratches on it and I thought it felt like it would crack. I bought the rocketfish tpu clear case and really like it and it was $10 cheaper at Best Buy.

01-24-2014 07:02 PM