Yay, ordered my verizon moto maker phone!

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I was happy to see I got free skip included but not sure I'll use it.
I was a bit worried that the confirmation of the order did not say it was for verizon, so I went to live chat to have him confirm it. I asked about when I'll get it. It said Nov 15 but I wasn't sure if that was ship date or receive date. He said it should be the receive date but they are getting a lot of orders today so they are not sure they will meet that date.

I got woven black, black front, blue accents, 32GB.
It also asked me for a message to put on back of phone but I didn't bother.

Oh, and I went directly to moto maker site. Didn't even attempt to go to verizon first. I bought off contract.

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
That's the same color I was going to get, except with the regular black back, not woven.

Do you know if we're able to use any Verizon discount codes when ordering?

Posted via Android Central App

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was happy to see I got free skip included but not sure I'll use it.
I was a bit worried that the confirmation of the order did not say it was for verizon, so I went to live chat to have him confirm it. I asked about when I'll get it. It said Nov 15 but I wasn't sure if that was ship date or receive date. He said it should be the receive date but they are getting a lot of orders today so they are not sure they will meet that date.

I got woven black, black front, blue accents, 32GB.
It also asked me for a message to put on back of phone but I didn't bother.

Oh, and I went directly to moto maker site. Didn't even attempt to go to verizon first. I bought off contract.
Geez, talk about being exactly the same. I did black front, black woven back, blue accents, 32 GB, and did a live chat when I saw that my order confirmation didn't say anything about Verizon. Hah!

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Geez, talk about being exactly the same. I did black front, black woven back, blue accents, 32 GB, and did a live chat when I saw that my order confirmation didn't say anything about Verizon. Hah!

Woah, that's exactly what I customized my Moto X with and I also paid off-contract and went straight to a love-chat when I didn't see that it was for Verizon lol. Great minds think alike, I guess?

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. I was on ebay bidding for a moto x that is the same woven back, black front, with blue accents. Will likely end up buying it off contract, looks great.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I placed my order yesterday, too! I went with the olive back and orange accents...I think it has a cool military look to it.
composited-image-00000.png

Right now the Motorola website is saying my X should arrive Friday. :)

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Woah, that's exactly what I customized my Moto X with and I also paid off-contract and went straight to a love-chat when I didn't see that it was for Verizon lol. Great minds think alike, I guess?

A love chat? Ahahahahahahahaha! I'm dying over here!

Anyways... got a shipping email shortly after midnight. My phone is currently 70 miles from it's final destination here in Michigan. FedEx standard overnight shipping - wow! I heard it was 2-day shipping. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I watched for Verizon's MotoMaker to go live like a freaking hawk so I could be one of the first orders in. I'm going to have my phone today. Makes my $600 purchase sting a little less. :D

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
A love chat? Ahahahahahahahaha! I'm dying over here!

Anyways... got a shipping email shortly after midnight. My phone is currently 70 miles from it's final destination here in Michigan. FedEx standard overnight shipping - wow! I heard it was 2-day shipping. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I watched for Verizon's MotoMaker to go live like a freaking hawk so I could be one of the first orders in. I'm going to have my phone today. Makes my $600 purchase sting a little less. :D

Holy crap! You ordered it yesterday and it already shipped? Now mine should definitely be here by Friday!

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine last night. I stopped at the Verizon store after work to see one in person, then went home to order online. It seems buttery smooth compared with my GNex. The sales rep at the store was bummed to lose the commission, but I hadn't picked colors yet and really needed to try different combinations in the privacy of my own home. I finally went with 32 GB, royal blue with red accents, black front, my initials on the back. Totally psyched!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap! You ordered it yesterday and it already shipped? Now mine should definitely be here by Friday!

Yeah, I ordered it about 10:30 yesterday morning. It's in my city and on the truck for delivery. If it shows up in the next hour, I will have my device less than 24 hours after I ordered it. That. Is. Nuts!!!

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered it about 10:30 yesterday morning. It's in my city and on the truck for delivery. If it shows up in the next hour, I will have my device less than 24 hours after I ordered it. That. Is. Nuts!!!

I ordered mine at 11:10am and got the notice it is being assembled at 2:30pm but it's not shipped yet. I guess 40 minutes later made a big difference.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine at 11:10am and got the notice it is being assembled at 2:30pm but it's not shipped yet. I guess 40 minutes later made a big difference.
I was wondering how long from "Building" to shipping takes. I ordered mine this morning, got the building email this afternoon. Expected delivery is Saturday, but I don't see how it would take three days to build (assuming they overnight ship like most phones).

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I originally ordered the Dev Edition X before MotoMaker went live. Then I saw there was a "THANKYOU10" coupon that would work on a MotoMaker phone, so I made me one today. I went with 32gb black back (not woven), black front, and black accents. Going with the Stealth X. I saved 10% so my total order was $529, got the free skip, and got $10 Google Play money. I'm going to return the Dev Edition and get my money back so this will actually save me $60. It says November 16, but hopefully it'll get here a little sooner! I can't wait to dump off my S4.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I originally ordered the Dev Edition X before MotoMaker went live. Then I saw there was a "THANKYOU10" coupon that would work on a MotoMaker phone, so I made me one today. I went with 32gb black back (not woven), black front, and black accents. Going with the Stealth X. I saved 10% so my total order was $529, got the free skip, and got $10 Google Play money. I'm going to return the Dev Edition and get my money back so this will actually save me $60. It says November 16, but hopefully it'll get here a little sooner! I can't wait to dump off my S4.

The code won't take for me. Says the code is not applied. Chatting with a Moto service rep and she says it is only for accessories. Anything special you did to get it to work?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The code won't take for me. Says the code is not applied. Chatting with a Moto service rep and she says it is only for accessories. Anything special you did to get it to work?
I just chatted with a rep and that's what he said too. I was asking for retroactive discount :)
maybe it was a mistake that they corrected.