Yay, ordered my verizon moto maker phone!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The code won't take for me. Says the code is not applied. Chatting with a Moto service rep and she says it is only for accessories. Anything special you did to get it to work?

Oh wow. I just used it earlier today. Knocked it down to $529 after tax. It was listed on the Droid Life site. That's why I tried it.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
An update (if anyone cares)... got fedex notification that I'm getting it tomorrow by 8pm. Doesn't seem like signature is required. Ordering from verizon they needed signature and it was 2 day, motorola is doing overnight standard for free which is pretty good. I wasn't ready to get it so fast as I didn't even get my case yet.

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine this afternoon and just got the email that it is being assembled. Says I'll get it by Saturday but hopefully I get it before.

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
A love chat? Ahahahahahahahaha! I'm dying over here!

Anyways... got a shipping email shortly after midnight. My phone is currently 70 miles from it's final destination here in Michigan. FedEx standard overnight shipping - wow! I heard it was 2-day shipping. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I watched for Verizon's MotoMaker to go live like a freaking hawk so I could be one of the first orders in. I'm going to have my phone today. Makes my $600 purchase sting a little less. :D

Hahaha shutup, you knew what I meant. ;)

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
An update (if anyone cares)... got fedex notification that I'm getting it tomorrow by 8pm. Doesn't seem like signature is required. Ordering from verizon they needed signature and it was 2 day, motorola is doing overnight standard for free which is pretty good. I wasn't ready to get it so fast as I didn't even get my case yet.
So in theory mine should ship today and hopefully have it by Friday...

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine last night. I stopped at the Verizon store after work to see one in person, then went home to order online. It seems buttery smooth compared with my GNex. The sales rep at the store was bummed to lose the commission, but I hadn't picked colors yet and really needed to try different combinations in the privacy of my own home. I finally went with 32 GB, royal blue with red accents, black front, my initials on the back. Totally psyched!

I was thinking of ordering one in those colors myself. Love if you posted pics once it arrives!

Thanks!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Got an email saying it was being assembled Monday night and still haven't received a shipping notification. It's supposedly going to be here Friday though...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Just to bring my own closure to the thread I started, I got my Moto X and so far everything I've tried works including phone calls and voice quality to other end I am told is good. GPS locked very quickly inside a couple feet from a window. My Wifi signal is 5-10 db better than my old phone. Not sure about 3G/4G signal yet, I have to see how it works next few days. Battery usage seems reasonable for the few hours I played with it, and it stayed cool. So far I am happy with it. Fingers are crossed.

I do like the blue accents but frankly my buttons will be covered by the case, and the little ring around the camera is not going to be too noticeable I don't think. It's a nice touch and at least it's something different than in stores. I think it's neat that it kinda matches the blue icons in the status bar.

I bought for temporary use the high gloss silicone case from verizon. It's not as bad as I thought and even though it's smooth I feel I have a decent grip on it.

I did update the motorola camera app from play store. I wouldn't have known to do that if I didn't read it on a forum. Camera functions but I'll know better when I'm not taking pics inside at night with poor lighting.

I'm sure I'll be busy for a few days trying out the rest of the stuff... the skip, bluetooth, music with headphones, touchless... etc.

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Got an email saying it was being assembled Monday night and still haven't received a shipping notification. It's supposedly going to be here Friday though...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

I ordered mine on Monday as well and received an email a few hours after placing the order saying that it was being assembled, and I just got my shipping notice two hours ago even though it shipped today a 2PM. You'll probably be getting one at some point in the middle of tonight or tomorrow. Mine will be here tomorrow, I'm super excited!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on Monday as well and received an email a few hours after placing the order saying that it was being assembled, and I just got my shipping notice two hours ago even though it shipped today a 2PM. You'll probably be getting one at some point in the middle of tonight or tomorrow. Mine will be here tomorrow, I'm super excited!

Yup, got the shipping email saying it'll be here later today! A whole day early :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34