VZW Business account with Motomaker????

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been successful getting a Motomaker Moto X via a business account?

I have service via my employer and am eligible for an upgrade - have been for a bit - but have been waiting for the Motomaker Moto X.

I called VZW business line and they said only government employees were eligible at this point. Said I could move my # back to a consumer account to get the phone and then back to my employers business account (really) or I could just get a new line as a consumer, get the phone and move it to my business line.

Anyone had success here?

TIA for anything...

Jeff

jwseris

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I had chats with Verizon and Motorola this morning with the same questions... Verizon said I could only buy the 2 16GB versions. Motorola escalated my chat to the MotoMaker division and they told me:
Mark: Upon checking my resources here,you cannot able to do it using your business account.
Me: Will this option be added some time in the future? I would really love the 32GB version of this phone.
Mark: As for now we still don't have information if that will be available in future but it will be updated in our system.

I really don't care much about the custom colors, but I really want the storage space.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a ATT business account wirh an upgrade available. I was not thinking this would ever be a problem. I hope it wont be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I had chats with Verizon and Motorola this morning with the same questions... Verizon said I could only buy the 2 16GB versions. Motorola escalated my chat to the MotoMaker division and they told me:
Mark: Upon checking my resources here,you cannot able to do it using your business account.
Me: Will this option be added some time in the future? I would really love the 32GB version of this phone.
Mark: As for now we still don't have information if that will be available in future but it will be updated in our system.

I really don't care much about the custom colors, but I really want the storage space.

Same deal, want the 32gb version. Might have to use my upgrade to get an iPhone and sell that to get my moto x at full price.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Same deal, want the 32gb version. Might have to use my upgrade to get an iPhone and sell that to get my moto x at full price.

why bother with all the hassle of selling... talk to ur phone support team. they can easily create a new consumer account and merge it with business account

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
why bother with all the hassle of selling... talk to ur phone support team. they can easily create a new consumer account and merge it with business account

Wish it was that easy. 'Phone support team' will get me an iPhone! It was gonna be a challenge to get the Moto x, hence why I was attempting to do all the leg work.

I don't understand why they wont allow business accounts to get the Motomaker version. Can't be that hard to see us a card with a code then leave it up to us to order.

UGH!

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wish it was that easy. 'Phone support team' will get me an iPhone! It was gonna be a challenge to get the Moto x, hence why I was attempting to do all the leg work.

I don't understand why they wont allow business accounts to get the Motomaker version. Can't be that hard to see us a card with a code then leave it up to us to order.

UGH!

Because Verizon hates their customers. At least with AT&T you can just throw your SIM in whatever phone and not worry about whether or not AT&T wants you to use it. I know you can't switch carriers as it is a business account, just my $0.02.

turbanastic

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I ran into this problem yesterday. I went to a Verizon Wireless company store (make sure it's not a reseller), and purchase the pin. I did it this morning and submitted my order with no problem. I went with white front, navy back and red accents. Enjoy!

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this problem yesterday. I went to a Verizon Wireless company store (make sure it's not a reseller), and purchase the pin. I did it this morning and submitted my order with no problem. I went with white front, navy back and red accents. Enjoy!

You did this and renewed your contract? or bought the phone at full retail?

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Tried this last night. Since I was not authorized on the account they said they couldn't even talk to me.

Anyone with a biz line have any luck yet?

jwseris

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I asked this question over on the +Motorola Mobility site on Google+.
https://plus.google.com/photos/+Motorola/albums/5945038008765225489

Final answer from +Matt Jones (Motorola employee) was "it looks like it goes beyond ownership of account. Verizon simply won't allow it."

I actually am authorized on my account here, so maybe I'll try what turbanastic did.

Tried this last night. Since I was not authorized on the account they said they couldn't even talk to me.

Anyone with a biz line have any luck yet?

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

jwseris

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I went into a real VZW store today to do this, and they were unable to figure out a way to charge me the "Pin" on my corporate account. No matter what they did the computer rejected it because it was a corporate account. They said they only had one SKU that they could ring up for the MotoMaker Pin. Wish I knew exactly what your VZW person did on their end to make it work. I've got a couple more stores I can try, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble at this point.

I did not pay full retail. I had an upgrade on my account and had to pay $200 for the 32gig with $50 mail in rebate.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i just tried to use motomaker for my upgrade for my business ATT account and same deal. Talked to Moto with the same result as you. Talked to ATT and they said go to a corporate store. Ill go tomorrow ito see if i can get a pin#. My luck i cant do it. Would suck to have to get a solid color.

**edit. Just talked to the corporate store in my area and they said they will give me a pin# and no problems with the business accnt. Yes!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci