Verizon Motomaker Fail Turns into a Win

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
We stopped at Verizon after work, paid for the upgrade for my wife, came home with the code and have been trying to order the ******* thing for nearly two hours. Upon clicking the "Process Order" button, their site says "Oops... we can't find the page you're looking for." Their chat couldn't help. Have been on the phone with them 21 minutes and counting. Have tried to process the order countless times to no avail. Used Firefox and Chrome browsers to eliminate that as being an issue. They are clueless.

This.

Is.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Motomaker Experience = EPIC FAIL

We stopped at Verizon after work, paid for the upgrade for my wife, came home with the code and have been trying to order the ******* thing for nearly two hours. Upon clicking the "Process Order" button, their site says "Oops... we can't find the page you're looking for." Their chat couldn't help. Have been on the phone with them 21 minutes and counting. Have tried to process the order countless times to no avail. Used Firefox and Chrome browsers to eliminate that as being an issue. They are clueless.

This.

Is.

Pathetic.

Ah... You bought the motomaker card... I had bad experience with that card when motomaker launched for at&t... Give it a day and keep at calling. Eventually someone will hear. If not, email support it takes 2 days or post on the Motorola forums.

Posted via Android Central App

dnva75

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Upgrade mine directly through Moto Maker. Smooth as silk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Upgrade mine directly through Moto Maker. Smooth as silk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Eliminate vzw is always a win. They are getting worse.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I did the click-through and the direct Motomaker site access options. After working with their customer support rep for over a half hour, they finally figured out the problem. The system wasn't letting me check out using my code and my credit card with the added case. When I placed the order without any paid accessories, the order went through just fine. So the rep added the case to my order at NO COST due to the major hassles/problems with the ordering process!!! THAT is good customer service in the end! Moto is serious about pleasing their customers. And my wife is very happy with her design and can't wait to swap out from her iPhone. And you know a happy wife = a happy life! :D

stevek1

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

After initially having difficulty completing the checkout process when using Windows Internet Explorer to access the Moto Maker site, I was finally able to purchase a Verizon Moto X after switching to use of the Chrome browser. However, I was really upset when I found out from Motorola customer service that, unlike all other carrier users, Verizon users can't purchase the optional 2-year, $85 Motorola protection plan for their phone. Instead, Verizon requires that you use their own $8/month insurance plan that has a much higher deductible if you ever need to use it. I called Verizon customer service to complain, however the rep indicated that there was nothing he could do about it.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else yet but when you DO finally place a successful order, not only do you get the free Skip accessory, but if you share the design to Google+ or Facebook, you get a $10 Google Play code. Double win!

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

After initially having difficulty completing the checkout process when using Windows Internet Explorer to access the Moto Maker site, I was finally able to purchase a Verizon Moto X after switching to use of the Chrome browser. However, I was really upset when I found out from Motorola customer service that, unlike all other carrier users, Verizon users can't purchase the optional 2-year, $85 Motorola protection plan for their phone. Instead, Verizon requires that you use their own $8/month insurance plan that has a much higher deductible if you ever need to use it. I called Verizon customer service to complain, however the rep indicated that there was nothing he could do about it.

I bought mine full price at moto maker directly (on vzw). After the order I realized it didn't ask me for insurance. I asked the online chat guy at motorola and he said after I get the moto x and add the device in my motorola account I could then purchase the insurance. I was also told you can buy it within 30 days of the order from another online chat person. So was that a lie? I am debating whether to spend the extra money on insurance anyway.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I believe it is correct that you have 30 days to purchase the insurance.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

It is. I was talking about it with a rep today and she said I just had to pick it up within 30 days.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience. I was in the VZW store today (worked with a rep to keep my unlimited data by just adding a $10 line) and bought the PIN code there. The rep asked if I wanted to do the MotoMaker in the store since I was the first person to order one and he had never seen it done before lol So we just went through the process together and it worked well! Hoping it arrives by Friday!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

It is. I was talking about it with a rep today and she said I just had to pick it up within 30 days.

Well, I just got done with a Moto Chat and they said differently:

Matt: I wanted to know if I wouild eventually be able to buy Motorola's insurance for the device
RC: I will be more than happy to assist you on this
RC: Moto X Extended Service Plan is only available to non-Verizon Moto X phones.
RC: What I can suggest you is to call Verizon for their insurance.
Matt: Really? That's unfortunate. Ok, thank you.
RC: I understand you. However, Verizon has their own insurance that they want their customers to use.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine full price at moto maker directly (on vzw). After the order I realized it didn't ask me for insurance. I asked the online chat guy at motorola and he said after I get the moto x and add the device in my motorola account I could then purchase the insurance. I was also told you can buy it within 30 days of the order from another online chat person. So was that a lie? I am debating whether to spend the extra money on insurance anyway.

I've heard they are replacing complete phones for small issues with their insurance. Look around some of the old threads. I wish I would of spent the extra 80 on insurance now. But I paid 627 for my moto that extra doe would of hurt even more.

Posted via Android Central App

Motomora

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

So I finally ordered my Moto X now that Verizon carries it and encountered the same issue with processing the order - without accessories it went through. However, I wasted my time trying to submit it 6 times and re-customizing the phone ad nausea until I came upon this blog that told me to submit without any paid accessories attached to the order. I called Motorola to complain and they gave me the screen protector for free ($14 value) and a 10% discount on the ear-buds that I was trying to submit with the original order, but could not guarantee that it would be delivered at the same time as the phone or earlier. :eek: So basically, Motorola gave me $17 of free stuff for about an hour of my wasted time. I guess I'm doing better than minimum wage? Nah. That was crappy customer service. They should have thrown in the ear-buds for free and expedited my stuff so it would arrive at the same time as my new phone.:mad:

Motorola (Google) customer service managers - Listen up! - Customers aren't being paid to QA your website! :mad: Fix it or you will have more pissed-off customers. I'm out. Can't wait for my new blue phone on Friday...stoked on that point.:D

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Matt: I wanted to know if I wouild eventually be able to buy Motorola's insurance for the device
RC: Moto X Extended Service Plan is only available to non-Verizon Moto X phones.
RC: I understand you. However, Verizon has their own insurance that they want their customers to use.

Fascinating. I chatted with "RC" last night as well when I was trying to get their site to successfully process the order.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

So I finally ordered my Moto X now that Verizon carries it and encountered the same issue with processing the order - without accessories it went through. However, I wasted my time trying to submit it 6 times and re-customizing the phone ad nausea until I came upon this blog that told me to submit without any paid accessories attached to the order. I called Motorola to complain and they gave me the screen protector for free ($14 value) and a 10% discount on the ear-buds that I was trying to submit with the original order, but could not guarantee that it would be delivered at the same time as the phone or earlier. :eek: So basically, Motorola gave me $17 of free stuff for about an hour of my wasted time. I guess I'm doing better than minimum wage? Nah. That was crappy customer service. They should have thrown in the ear-buds for free and expedited my stuff so it would arrive at the same time as my new phone.:mad:

Motorola (Google) customer service managers - Listen up! - Customers aren't being paid to QA your website! :mad: Fix it or you will have more pissed-off customers. I'm out. Can't wait for my new blue phone on Friday...stoked on that point.:D

This is exactly what happened to me and I, too, had to process the order without any paid accessories.

Motomora

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Yeah it was your post that helped me get through the phone order. Thanks for that man. Saved me some time - still unhappy with Motorola, but hopefully the phone will live up to the hype.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

Hrmph. Wouldn't surprise me if I was told wrong. Boo on Verizon if this is really the case.

glenn9643

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Check these guys out...
Ensquared - The #1 Authority in Cell Phone & Tablet Insurance

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I'd recommend Squaretrade. Great service and have always had nothing but good experiences with them in the past. They also have a monthly payment option which is great for people looking to save a little money upfront instead of paying an extra $100 for insurance. They also frequently send out coupon codes for 30%, so I'm currently paying $6.74/month to cover my Moto X from any damage, including accidental damage and I believe the deductible is $100. You can also cancel anytime, so you're not locked into paying for two years either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital