Moto X - Helium Backup

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm about to move from my HTC One to a Moto X and I want to transfer all of my apps' data using Helium. I know the dev says the app doesn't work with Motorola devices but I wanted to know if any of you had luck with it.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Helium Backup

Hey guys,

I'm about to move from my HTC One to a Moto X and I want to transfer all of my apps' data using Helium. I know the dev says the app doesn't work with Motorola devices but I wanted to know if any of you had luck with it.

Thanks

I haven't had any luck on my Moto X.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Damn...I was hoping it would work.

OK, then what have you guys used to backup your app data? Is there any app out there that backs up the apk as well as the data?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Damn...I was hoping it would work.

OK, then what have you guys used to backup your app data? Is there any app out there that backs up the apk as well as the data?

MyBackup Pro does :)

Sent from the Note 2 Collective.

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I got it to work on mine. I had to install the drivers from Moto first on my computer though. I think it was the Motorola Device Manager but I'm not 100% sure.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work on mine. I had to install the drivers from Moto first on my computer though. I think it was the Motorola Device Manager but I'm not 100% sure.

That makes me hopeful! Just waiting for my device to arrive.

Posted via Android Central App

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Nope, it works for both rooted and non-rooted devices. If you're rooted you get extra functions but the basic backup/restore works just fine if you're not rooted.

Really? I have My Backup Pro and I thought it would only do app data if the phone was rooted. I'll have to take another look.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Really? I have My Backup Pro and I thought it would only do app data if the phone was rooted. I'll have to take another look.

I could have sworn that I transferred apps (with data) from one phone to another before the other phone was rooted. Let us know :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Not to derail the thread, but is that an '07 grill in your avatar?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I could have sworn that I transferred apps (with data) from one phone to another before the other phone was rooted. Let us know :)

I have also used My Backup Pro with both stock and rooted phones.
I know My Backup Pro will save APKs but not data non rooted phones.
I dont think it is possible to save data unless you are rooted.
Forsure test would be to try ,,,cant hurt .:)
But since this is on their playstore site showing the options it doesnt look like it does.

MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not.
Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk+data as well as market links!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I have also used My Backup Pro with both stock and rooted phones.
I know My Backup Pro will save APKs but not data non rooted phones.
I dont think it is possible to save data unless you are rooted.
Forsure test would be to try ,,,cant hurt .:)
But since this is on their playstore site showing the options it doesnt look like it does.
Thanks for clarifying that!

My apologies for the misinformation everyone.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X arrived this afternoon and I've spent the evening migrating stuff from my S3 to it. Helium (aka Carbon) works but you'll need to download the drivers before the desktop app can enable it on your phone. I just tested a quick backup and restore of Nova Launcher settings and it worked as advertised. The drivers I used can be found here:

https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/94931/p/30,6720,8696/action/auth

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
First I backed up my data using Titanium Backup on my Droid 4. Updated to 4.4 without thinking about root. Then I looked at Helium, got it connected, Desktop said it was ready but it wouldn't backup. I think I remember buying MyBackupPro but I don't remember it working. So way it dosent backup data without root? Would it restore it without root? My Droid 4 is rooted, but I don't want to risk the warranty on the Moto X.

lolajoan

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
This set of drivers worked for me for my Droid Razr (XT910). I first installed the drivers suggested on the Carbon site (ClockworkMod Carbon) and then another set directly from Motorola, with no luck until I used the ones at this link. Thanks!

My Moto X arrived this afternoon and I've spent the evening migrating stuff from my S3 to it. Helium (aka Carbon) works but you'll need to download the drivers before the desktop app can enable it on your phone. I just tested a quick backup and restore of Nova Launcher settings and it worked as advertised. The drivers I used can be found here:

https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/94931/p/30,6720,8696/action/auth

Oscar Pardo

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
"My Moto X arrived this afternoon and I've spent the evening migrating stuff from my S3 to it. Helium (aka Carbon) works but you'll need to download the drivers before the desktop app can enable it on your phone. I just tested a quick backup and restore of Nova Launcher settings and it worked as advertised. The drivers I used can be found here:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...96/action/auth"

This is the solution, works perfectly, I install these drivers and them run Helium.

Works fine, backing in a S3 and restoring in a Moto X (2 gen).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci