Coming from an HTC One to a Moto X

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey all! I have an HTC One at the moment, someone else on my family plan has an upgrade and wants a One, so I am giving them mine and using their upgrade to get a Moto X. The main things attracting me are the size, always listening, active display, trusted bluetooth devices, and nearly stock interface. Anyone else here made the switch from the One to the X, and if so, what are your thoughts? I'm going to miss the front facing speakers and HTC's Kid Mode (my daughter uses this daily), but overall, I think the feature set of the X lines up more with my uses than the feature set of the One does. Now I just have to decide what colors to get!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey all! I have an HTC One at the moment, someone else on my family plan has an upgrade and wants a One, so I am giving them mine and using their upgrade to get a Moto X. The main things attracting me are the size, always listening, active display, trusted bluetooth devices, and nearly stock interface. Anyone else here made the switch from the One to the X, and if so, what are your thoughts? I'm going to miss the front facing speakers and HTC's Kid Mode (my daughter uses this daily), but overall, I think the feature set of the X lines up more with my uses than the feature set of the One does. Now I just have to decide what colors to get!

The x is the overall better user experience. Not to say it isn't close since I would consider the ONE and Moto X the top two devices so far of 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 5

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The x is the overall better user experience. Not to say it isn't close since I would consider the ONE and Moto X the top two devices so far of 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thats why I am switching. The other person on my family plan takes tons of pictures on their phone and watches lots of videos on their phone, so the 1080p screen and front facing speakers are a big deal to them. Me, I use voice control on a daily basis while I drive, have a PIN lock on my phone, and am constantly waking up my phone to check notifications. Moto X has the features that matter to me.

One question, I have a Google Apps account that requires my device be secured with a PIN lock. Will the Moto X trusted Bluetooth device still work in that situation?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you would rather have a Google-like experience, go with the Moto X. If HTC's implementation of Android is okay with you, no need to switch.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you would rather have a Google-like experience, go with the Moto X. If HTC's implementation of Android is okay with you, no need to switch.

I was actually running the Google Play Edition ROM on my HTC One and really liked it, but couldn't live with the stock camera app (its really terrible).

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I loved my One while I had it. I just was not a big fan on Sense. I not a big fan of Touchwiz either so that left me with the X. I really wanted to go with a phone that fit in my hands comfortably and the X does that and more.

Sent from my Moto X

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the one now and buying the x tomorrow I played with it in the store today and the size is absolutely perfect

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

glenn9643

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
One question, I have a Google Apps account that requires my device be secured with a PIN lock. Will the Moto X trusted Bluetooth device still work in that situation?

I have the Droid Maxx but it has the trusted Bluetooth feature also. I use a PIN lock and when connected to a trusted BT device the phone remains unlocked after the initial entry of the PIN until the BT connection is broken.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an htc one, moto x & n5. If I had to only keep one it would be the Moto X. Amazing form factor with almost non existent side bezels. Buttery smooth experience. Runs chrome smoother than most quad cord devices. Active notifications / display will spoil you. It really is a great device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of upset the x uses a nano Sim card, now I won't be able to switch between phones easy

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the Droid Maxx but it has the trusted Bluetooth feature also. I use a PIN lock and when connected to a trusted BT device the phone remains unlocked after the initial entry of the PIN until the BT connection is broken.

Do you have a Google Apps account that requires the PIN or jus have the PIN cause you want to. The biggest part of my question is whether or not Google Device Policies for my Apps account will muck up the trusted Bluetooth device setup or not.

Posted via Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Can I pick a nano up right at an ATT store ?

Sent from my HTC One

Yes though can go and ask them to swap out SIM cards. You can also buy an adapter kit for less than $6. New Noosy iPhone Nano SIM Card to Micro /Stander/ full SIM card Tray Adapter Holder.
I am currently using it in my One while I wait for my X to be delivered.
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of upset the x uses a nano Sim card, now I won't be able to switch between phones easy

I used a Sim cutter (like $3 on amazon) to cut my micro Sim down to a nano Sim. When I need to swap back to a micro Sim I just stick the nano in the piece I cut it out of. Works great, better than any of the adapters I've tried.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I used a Sim cutter (like $3 on amazon) to cut my micro Sim down to a nano Sim. When I need to swap back to a micro Sim I just stick the nano in the piece I cut it out of. Works great, better than any of the adapters I've tried.

You guys should consider checking out these german made Sim adapters. The nano Sim snaps perfectly Into it keeping it secure and In place. Several cheap adapters have ended up getting stuck Inside phones. I would however obviously suggest an actual nano sim card if you go that route.

Here is a quick write up I did regarding the adapter.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320772

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
You guys should consider checking out these german made Sim adapters. The nano Sim snaps perfectly Into it keeping it secure and In place. Several cheap adapters have ended up getting stuck Inside phones. I would however obviously suggest an actual nano sim card if you go that route.

Here is a quick write up I did regarding the adapter.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320772

Thanks for the link (and write up). I will definitely check them out if I need an adapter. All the others I've tried so far have been junk. They don't hold the nano Sim properly and/or feel like they are going to get stuck inside my phone.

I play with my food

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781