So my iPhone 4S is doing a slow circle down the battery drain, where it used to last 2-3 days on a charge it can barely make it through a day now. I'm not a power user, obviously - although I'd like that to change.

So after some thought, I decided to switch to Android. Partly that was because I bought an Asus TF201 tablet in 2012, which I've truly enjoyed. And partly because I wanted to get back into programming, specifically for mobile, and Android seems a more open environment for that than iOS.

So I decided on the Moto X. It's ordered, it is on its way and should be here tomorrow.
    I was curious if anyone had any links to how best to customize the Moto X (or Android phones in general) and learn all the tips and tricks, short of unlocking it. Things like adding ringtones and assigning them to contacts, or setting up multiple exchange email accounts via the same app.
    11-12-2013 10:16 AM
    Apart from adding widgets to your home screens, I don't think anyone can tell you how to best customize your Android phone. That's the best part... making your phone your own.

Re: ringtones, try Zedge. If you have mp3 files that you want to use, simply connect your phone to a PC and transfer the files to either the Ringtones, Notification, or Alarms folder. You'll then see them listed when you set the ringtones in Settings. To assign a custom contact ringtone, go to the People app, select the contact, click the menu button (three dots), then select Set Ringtone.

Re: Exchange accounts, you can add multiple accounts in the stock email app.
    11-12-2013 11:28 AM
    One thing I'd recommend is downloading the newly updated Email app that comes with KitKat onto your Moto X. It's miles better than the Email app on Jellybean and it fixes a major problem: massive battery drain. In Jellybean, if you had an Exchange email account setup, it would constantly poll the network for new emails causing massive battery drain. This would happen no matter what mode it was set to: push, manual, or every couple of minutes (15, 30, or 60 minutes, it made no difference. This was a major problem for me since I have my school emails going through Exchange and this would suck down my battery life no tomorrow.

To install the updated email app and exchange services, download and install the following two files (you will need to enable unknown sources in your settings):

Email (v6.0-893803): Click here.
    Exchange Services (v6.0-893803): Click here.

Just some friendly tips that I thought might help you as they definitely helped me out a lot.
    11-12-2013 08:37 PM
    It really is just how you want it. Play around. Have fun.
    Now my two Must Have apps are SwiftKey and Ringo Pro. Ringo allows you to not only set individual ring tones but also text tones, vibration frequency, LED color if available. It's an awesome app. Once you set it up you never have to go back unless you want to something.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    11-12-2013 08:49 PM