"only 500,000 Moto Xs sold in third quarter"

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: "only 500,000 Moto Xs sold in third quarter"

Phones have driving mode that works.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4
it's all about making life easier, that is what the feature set does and that is why I love my X so much. Driving mode has been on a lot of phones i'm assuming? Not sure because I never used it, when I get in my car I get in put my phone on a non-slip mat and drive, I don't want to activate driving mode on my phone everytime I am off the do something. The moto x detects you are driving and converts automatically. It's not that other phones don't have the capability to do it. I love touchless control and use it everyday, every night I tell it to set an alarm, open pandora, when I am on my laptop and have a song stuck in my head, I tell it to play a song. When I get an email or remember something I tell it write a note. Could I have just picked up my phone and done all these things? Yea, did I have to? No. Do I need an IR blaster? I have a smart t.v. so no, I can control it from my moto X as well. I would never use it. If you check out google voice search reviews you will see that many people were complaining that their phones cannot activate touchless control from anywhere on the phone like the nexus 5, if they want the ability to activate it while the phone is unlocked, I bet my moto X they will use the feature if the phone is sleeping as well.
Finally since you like defending samsung products let me tell you a true story. I bought the moto X and my sister got the S4, she is very stubborn and got it because her boyfriend has one. After two weeks she went ahead and returned it, then she picked up the iphone 5S. After a week or so, I met her and asked her how she liked the iphone, she said "I like the fingerprint scanner, it's really helpful because I don't have to keep putting in my pin code." personally I don't like iphones (don't hate apple, just iphones) so anything would be better, I showed her all the features the s4 has and she shut me up about half way claiming her boyfriend already showed her all the features, but after the first day, she never used any. Again I don't like the iphone so I asked her to try the moto x, since she loves unlocking the phone so fast she can do it without even clicking any buttons with the moto X. she agreed and currently she has one (still in that 2 week period for returns) but she says she enjoys it.

All in all I think moto's selling points for the moto X are valid. I have used all of them and though I could probably get some working on a different device, it takes away from the simplicity, the ease of use.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Or they want to justify the or purchases by using what was marketed?

Way to be disingenuous.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Like I said...they're idiots then. Motorola Connect was also a feature that was marketed but I don't use it since I've got Google Voice integration with Sprint. A lot of Galaxy Note users don't really use the S Pen despite it being one of its main marketing points.

I'm not going to waste my time using a feature that's of no use to me just because it was part of the marketing.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Like I said...they're idiots then. Motorola Connect was also a feature that was marketed but I don't use it since I've got Google Voice integration with Sprint. A lot of Galaxy Note users don't really use the S Pen despite it being one of its main marketing points.

I'm not going to waste my time using a feature that's of no use to me just because it was part of the marketing.

Lots of things are idiotic, but I'll keep that to myself. I think you should leave it at that.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for conceding my point. Good talk.

I didn't concede anything. I just don't have time to debate points made with insults and name calling. This type of trolling I kind of like avoiding here. It already gets heated enough when you're trying to have CIVIL discussion.

The only point I concede is this phone selling poorly because like you said, people don't have time to waste on Touchless controls. Apart from that, the hardware is worse than practically all other flagship except those from BlackBerry.

You won. Gratz.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

So far you've made baseless claims and dismissed the rebuttals as immaterial. Sorry for not throwing you a parade.

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I use Motorola phones because they have the best radio and antenna configurations in the business by a very large margin. Most people I know that carry Motorola products do so for the same reason.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

The only point I concede is this phone selling poorly because like you said, people don't have time to waste on Touchless controls. Apart from that, the hardware is worse than practically all other flagship except those from BlackBerry.

Sales is not a good indicator of merit. If that were the case, Justin Bieber must be the greatest musician in the world.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Sales is not a good indicator of merit. If that were the case, Justin Bieber must be the greatest musician in the world.

Please stop with the terrible analogies. Cause phones and music aren't even remotely Co. Parable.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Please stop with the terrible analogies. Cause phones and music aren't even remotely Co. Parable.

It's better than the baseless conjecture that you continue to spew.

Forget the analogy and refute my point then. The iPhone is the best selling phone model at the moment and has been for awhile. So based on sales numbers, would you conclude that it's the "best" phone bar none?

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

It's better than the baseless conjecture that you continue to spew.

Forget the analogy and refute my point then. The iPhone is the best selling phone model at the moment and has been for awhile. So based on sales numbers, would you conclude that it's the "best" phone bar none?

The user experience is better, and app quality generally better. The services are more deeply integrated, and Siri gets info from wolfram alpha instead of Wikipedia.

Some people appreciate that.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

The user experience is better, and app quality generally better. The services are more deeply integrated, and Siri gets info from wolfram alpha instead of Wikipedia.

User experience is highly subjective. The iPhone is a great device but so is the Note 3, HTC One, GS4, G2, N5, Moto X, etc. It boils down to personal preference.

When it comes to consumer products, people are generally sheep. The common person is more likely to purchase a known quantity based on marketing and popularity. Discerning customers who actually take the time to do the research and make purchases on actual merit are fewer and far between.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Lol this guy argues on all forums

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

N8ter nice to see you again.. Big fan

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Nope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

You don't know anyone of the millions taking their phones for runs and posting results to social media?

I use my phone as a roku remote. Apple users use iTunes/Apple TV remote. If I had an IR sensor, you bet I'd use it, heavily. And I'd use the pedometer, too.

The amount of people who want to converse with a machine is a lot lower than those who use want a more capable one that allows them to further consolidate the number of devices they have to juggle.

I just sold my GS4 (with IR blaster) and got myself Mot X and couldn't be more happier. It's buttery smooth and is simply made of higher quality materials. Of course I customized it because why not? I mean, we buy everything from the internet and this option is right there for you to use.

Anyway, I used that IR blaster probably 5 times since June. Pretty overrated feature if you ask me. On a tablet, maybe useful.... but I'm not taking my phone with me to bed and when I sit in front of TV, I already have my universal remote with hardware buttons (immediate access) for every component.

Moto X is selling slow because it's a new kid on the block and needs some traction. IMO it'll be at least a good foundation for next generation Googorola phones

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I didn't concede anything. I just don't have time to debate points made with insults and name calling. This type of trolling I kind of like avoiding here. It already gets heated enough when you're trying to have CIVIL discussion.

You won. Gratz.

please dont be that GUY... everyone have their own favorites and stop trashing other phone just because u like some other phone..
most person who use moto X absolutely love it... thats not true with any phone out there,,, ohhh.. well except iphone..

i am glad that u love the GS3

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

The original Android phone, the HTC G1 Dream, sold only 1 million units in its first year...5 years later look how Android turned out...

Google has proven it understands this mobile marketplace...The Moto X numbers game some try to play is almost irrelevant when you think about Google's long range plans with Motorola...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech