I just noticed this in settings. Has anyone tried this? It appears you need a Miracast enabled device-whatever that is. Maybe something like chromecast ?
    11-13-2013 07:47 AM
    I just noticed this in settings. Has anyone tried this? It appears you need a Miracast enabled device-whatever that is. Maybe something like chromecast ?
    Mircast is separate from chromecast. You would need a Mircast enabled device and it would mirror what is in the phone to your TV.

Chromecast does the same thing but is only available for a few apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    fldude99 likes this.
    11-13-2013 09:06 AM
    miracast is screen mirroring while Chromecast is content casting.

just like how u need chromecast you need miracast device for screen mirroring
    fldude99 likes this.
    11-13-2013 10:44 AM
    miracast is screen mirroring while Chromecast is content casting.

just like how u need chromecast you need miracast device for screen mirroring
    Thanks for the replies. So if you can "mirror" what is on your device, is that not miles ahead of chromecast that only works with a very limited number of apps?
    11-13-2013 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the replies. So if you can "mirror" what is on your device, is that not miles ahead of chromecast that only works with a very limited number of apps?
    not really, different use case scenario.... to mirror your phone screen you have to have ur Phone screen ON all the time and it uses phones CPU and battery.

with chromecast once you cast contents you can shut it down and it will still work(wont use CPU or battery)
    fldude99 likes this.
    11-13-2013 03:38 PM
    The way chromecast apps work is they control/instruct the chromecast to get the content from the source (e.g. netflix, youtube) it's not streaming or mirroring anything from the phone. It also means another person can add to the queue or take over control of the chromecast while it's being used. Different concept than miracast.
    fldude99 likes this.
    11-13-2013 03:58 PM