KitKat in the coming weeks

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
From my past experiences with Android smartphones on VZW, there is the possibility of certain amount of pain from updates as well. On every OS update I've taken from Froyo to GB to ICS to JB, I've ultimately performed a FDR on my phones and found that it eliminated many if not all of the bugs that surfaced from overlaying an updated OS on top of the old one. It can be somewhat of a pain to do an FDR, but in the long run it can eliminate a lot of headaches and allow your phone to run much smoother. It would be nice if Kit Kat and future updates go smoothly without the need for a FDR. Here's hoping!

What is Franklin Delano Roosevelt doing on your phone?

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Based upon posts the emails seem to have only been sent to Verizon customers.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Don't the other carriers typically get the update before Verizon bothers to approve it (that's the impression I got anyway). My guess is it is a maintenance update. People assumed the same thing with the JB update on the Razr HD. Motorola said JB would be coming by the end of the year, people got soak test invites in November and assumed it was JB, then it ended up being a maintenance update. The update still came before the end of the year, but not immediately following an announcement. I wouldn't mind being wrong....

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't the other carriers typically get the update before Verizon bothers to approve it (that's the impression I got anyway). My guess is it is a maintenance update. People assumed the same thing with the JB update on the Razr HD. Motorola said JB would be coming by the end of the year, people got soak test invites in November and assumed it was JB, then it ended up being a maintenance update. The update still came before the end of the year, but not immediately following an announcement. I wouldn't mind being wrong....

It is possible this will only be a maintenance update. We will have to wait until reports begin to surface once the soak test actually begins (hopefully next week).

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I'm very excited for in KitKat on the Moto X is native Bluetooth LE support in Android. Bluetooth LE+Trusted Bluetooth device=win

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995