KitKat in the coming weeks

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So at the Moto G event, it was announced that the Moto X would get KitKat in the coming weeks. If this is true, it's really good to see Moto backing up the talk they did about speedy updates.

Posted via Android Central App

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Get ready for the bitter owners of pre Google owned Motorola services to come in and tell us how this won't happen..

Still waiting on their HDs to get updated from 4.1. Haha

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Get ready for the bitter owners of pre Google owned Motorola services to come in and tell us how this won't happen..

They will also be complaining that their Razr's and Atrix's are not getting the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
So at the Moto G event, it was announced that the Moto X would get KitKat in the coming weeks. If this is true, it's really good to see Moto backing up the talk they did about speedy updates.

Is "coming weeks" any change to what we already expected.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm not saying it won't happen. Motorola even with the Razr HD was quicker to get out updates than previous devices in their history. I know not to expect an update the following for any manufacturer especially being on Verizon. My question is will they continue to support the device after a year? That's when things really seem to slow down and/or drop off completely.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the Verizon Moto X a few months back before I returned it. During that time, I signed up to be part of Motorola's soak tests. I just received a Soak test email for the Moto X today. Could this be the Kit Kat update?

anon7856321

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys, these are suppose to be confidential don't you know. But yeah I just got the invite as well. You would have to think that it's 4.4 which means maybe the update to everyone isn't too far off.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Based upon the update for the camera/call drop, the actual soak test begins 1 week after the emails are dispatched. Seeing this is a larger software upgrade, I wouldn't be surprised if the soak test lasts at least 1 week before going out to the masses.

It is definitely good that there is information being released about a pending update if it fact this is 4.4. The Nexus 5 and Kit Kat were announced not 2 weeks ago. The N7 and N10 tablets are just beginning to get 4.4 with the N4 to follow soon.

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They will also be complaining that their Razr's and Atrix's are not getting the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I had an Atrix 4G before switching to the Moto X. To be fair, Motorola acted like Lucy in the Peanut cartoons. They promised an update for months and even had leaks floating around, then pulled the football back at the last moment leaving everyone high and dry. To make matters worse, they offered $100 off to us when we bought a new Motorola device and then flipped it into a a scenario where we could "sell" our used phones to a third party when the time actually arrived.

Personally, I'm a Motorola user because of their call quality and really didn't get too worked up over being stuck on Gingerbread. But can understand the vitriol they are getting from others too. They handled it very poorly.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Even if it's not 4.4, it's another update!
There's a certain amount of win in an update, even if it's not the one you're looking for.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
From my past experiences with Android smartphones on VZW, there is the possibility of certain amount of pain from updates as well. On every OS update I've taken from Froyo to GB to ICS to JB, I've ultimately performed a FDR on my phones and found that it eliminated many if not all of the bugs that surfaced from overlaying an updated OS on top of the old one. It can be somewhat of a pain to do an FDR, but in the long run it can eliminate a lot of headaches and allow your phone to run much smoother. It would be nice if Kit Kat and future updates go smoothly without the need for a FDR. Here's hoping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs