Moto X on order :) - question on gdrive

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Say what you will about AT&T but they hooked me up. I am not up till next Nov for upgrade. I was ready to pull the trigger on the N5 mainly due to price as I could not afford the full price on the X.
I have been wanting to get out of my Lumia 920.

Well AT&T gave me the $99 upgrade price, only thing is I had to go with black or white what they had in inventory. Thats fine, black one on the way.

question, any purchase though AT&T, did you still receive the 50GB Gdrive?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Once you receive the device and boot into the phone, go to Google Drive and log in using your Google ID and password and you should get a confirmation that you have an additional 50GB of storage.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I was confused on how they deal with this so called upgrade so I opted out. Seems a little expensive to me after the initial free period.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When the free period is over, you don't have to pay and they don't delete your files, you just can't upload any more files. All your data will continue to sit there and be accessible to you for free.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
When the free period is over, you don't have to pay and they don't delete your files, you just can't upload any more files. All your data will continue to sit there and be accessible to you for free.

I have a grandfathered 40GB plan that I pay $5/year for, so I don't want to really lose that, which I would if I "upgraded"

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a grandfathered 40GB plan that I pay $5/year for, so I don't want to really lose that, which I would if I "upgraded"
You wouldnt, well I don't know, I don't pay cloud. I just presume they would add 50gb on to that. so you would have 90. Did Google say you would loose that? If your still paying that makes no sense.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You wouldnt, well I don't know, I don't pay cloud. I just presume they would add 50gb on to that. so you would have 90. Did Google say you would loose that? If your still paying that makes no sense.

You maybe correct, but anyway, once I didn't opt in for the 50gb I never saw the offer again. It was like a one and done thing. But really not any big deal.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been wanting to get out of my Lumia 920.

Would you mind sharing why you were so anxious to leave wp and your 920? I have both a 920 and a 1020 and I recently bought my moto x. I'm very happy with the physical size and with android that is nearly stock on this phone. It's only been a couple days but I think I will stay with the X as my daily driver. Also, I don't think the camera is as bad as I've heard and way less confusing than dealing with the 1020's high and low res files, plus way quicker to open camera and take a shot.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Its mainly a hardware issue. The 920 gets 6-7hrs of battery with no use. My battery monitor says 2% drain when doing nothing, but If I goto bed without it on the charger, its dead when I wake up. Also I lose pictures, they just turn black for some reason, memory sector problem possible.

I really like WP8 and hope MS keeps up the good work Nokia is doing. Since I have gotten my N7 I am liking it a lot. I have used IOS and WP8 and wanted to go for an Android as my next phone.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

You wouldn't. I'm on a grandfathered plan and I got in on the quickoffice promotion of an extra 10gig of space for two years. They just added on the additional space.

Posted via Android Central App

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You wouldn't. I'm on a grandfathered plan and I got in on the quickoffice promotion of an extra 10gig of space for two years. They just added on the additional space.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks. I guess I'll have to see how to get the 50gb. There must have been a time limit of sorts because it's not available as far as I can tell on my device.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Thanks. I guess I'll have to see how to get the 50gb. There must have been a time limit of sorts because it's not available as far as I can tell on my device.
According to -> https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/93622/p/30,6720,8696/action/auth
Code:
If you want to redeem this promotion, and this is your first time launching the Google Drive Application, follow these steps:

Launch the ‘Drive’ app located in the applications tray or the Google folder on the homescreen.
Review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
The offer page will appear, then press ‘redeem’, and you will be prompted to choose the Google account that you want the extra storage applied to
If you have previously launched Google Drive, but did not redeem:

Launch the Google Drive application.
Select the “Product Tour” option from the Application menu
The offer page will appear, and you can start the redemption steps outlined above.
And it only works if you do it within 30 days of activating the phone

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
According to -> https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/93622/p/30,6720,8696/action/auth
Code:
If you want to redeem this promotion, and this is your first time launching the Google Drive Application, follow these steps:

Launch the ‘Drive’ app located in the applications tray or the Google folder on the homescreen.
Review and accept the Terms and Conditions.
The offer page will appear, then press ‘redeem’, and you will be prompted to choose the Google account that you want the extra storage applied to
If you have previously launched Google Drive, but did not redeem:

Launch the Google Drive application.
Select the “Product Tour” option f rom the Application menu
The offer page will appear, and you can start the redemption steps outlined above.
And it only works if you do it within 30 days of activating the phone

Yea I blew it. When I got the Moto X, beginning of Oct, I powered it up, but did not put the sim in because I was heading out of town for 3 weeks and didn't want to be bothering with a new phone. So when I get back beginning of November, I popped in the sim and started using it as a phone. By then the 30 days were done. I didn't realize that the 30 days start when you sign in with your Google ID. I sent an email to Google but I doubt it even gets read. Motorola is useless. You can't even understand what they're saying with that heavy Indian accent..or whatever it is.