Got Questions. Buying Verizon Moto X.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Finally buying my Moto X. Its the only device I really want. I'm about to head down to Verizon to try it out, I haven't done that yet.
Do I need 32GB? I have a N7 '13 and N10. I know offline music and photos take up storage, and probably we'll be using my phone most of those. Movies/Videos/Books/heavy games would probably go the tablets. The $50 is a bit much according to my mom, and says its not worth it. But if I get 16Gb only it'll be a mistake.
I might have a few questions later.

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Buying my Moto X. Questions?

Finally buying my Moto X. Its the only device I really want. I'm about to head down to Verizon to try it out, I haven't done that yet.
Do I need 32GB? I have a N7 '13 and N10. I know offline music and photos take up storage, and probably we'll be using my phone most of those. Movies/Videos/Books/heavy games would probably go the tablets. The $50 is a bit much according to my mom, and says its not worth it. But if I get 16Gb only it'll be a mistake.
I might have a few questions later.

How many songs do you plan on putting on the phone? You can always use the cloud for the photos. If I'm not mistaken you get 50GB free Google Drive storage for a couple of years so your photos can go there. You can store 1000 songs with 16GB easily. Any more than that then perhaps 32GB would be the better option. Do you carry all of your music with you at all times?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I thought I needed 32GB, but 16 is fine. It's easy to juggle music by pinning it with the Google Play Music app. You just need to learn to prioritize your files. If you have access to wifi a large majority of the time, then you can stream. I back up my pics to Google+ and Box. It turned out for me that the only things that took up a ton of space on my Galaxy Nexus were backups, and I don't feel any need to root and ROM this phone, so that's not an issue. Even if I did need backups, I can store those in the cloud or on my desktop.

It really depends on how you'll be using your phone.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I went to Verizon and wow this phone is small and thinner than I expected. Kind of resembles the Droid Mini, glad I didn't go with that. I am kind of off-put with the size. I thought it was going to be a little bit bigger, my finger naturally rest on the camera, bad habbit I heard you have to train yourself out of.

I usually limit my music selection when I can't stream because I'm used to lower storage even when I had a pretty empty sd card (never liked using them). I stream all acess over 4g and wifi mostly. I don't take a lot of pictures. I guess I should've picked the phone up earlier, I was mainly holding out for 32GB because my phone filled up (Like said above, a lot of it was romming and backing up) and doctor who videos (clips+music). I plan on using the 50gb, if only we could upload our shows to Play TV servers, like our books.
Still going to go through and customize with a navy blue and blue accents, black front. It would cool if you could have more colors for the front. I just feel limiting myself to 16gig (more like 13?) without a sd card seems stupid, but managable.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I went to Verizon and wow this phone is small and thinner than I expected. Kind of resembles the Droid Mini, glad I didn't go with that. I am kind of off-put with the size. I thought it was going to be a little bit bigger, my finger naturally rest on the camera, bad habbit I heard you have to train yourself out of.

I usually limit my music selection when I can't stream because I'm used to lower storage even when I had a pretty empty sd card (never liked using them). I stream all acess over 4g and wifi mostly. I don't take a lot of pictures. I guess I should've picked the phone up earlier, I was mainly holding out for 32GB because my phone filled up (Like said above, a lot of it was romming and backing up) and doctor who videos (clips+music). I plan on using the 50gb, if only we could upload our shows to Play TV servers, like our books.
Still going to go through and customize with a navy blue and blue accents, black front. It would cool if you could have more colors for the front. I just feel limiting myself to 16gig (more like 13?) without a sd card seems stupid, but managable.

If you can go for the 32gb. I would rather have you much storage then not enough.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

The X just took another price drop through November 18th. You can get a $32GB model for $99 on contract.

Posted via Android Central App

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Well that's interesting. At first I thought you said there was another price drop on that day. I was like way too soon. I should take this deal.

Does anyone have experience ordering through Comcast? Apparently since their partned with Verizon they give you a $100 visa card, but I'm not sure I can use Motomaker and this deal, and thankyou10. Better call them.
And I swear to god Verizon better not dump the 4GB data deal they gave down to 2GB. Is this a issue?

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

I went to Verizon and wow this phone is small and thinner than I expected. Kind of resembles the Droid Mini, glad I didn't go with that. I am kind of off-put with the size.

Hrmm, most people like the size. It sort of amazing they got such a large screen on a small form factor. Hold it against a HTC One.

If you like hefty size phones for some reason, consider the Motorola Maxx.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

The X just took another price drop through November 18th. You can get a $32GB model for $99 on contract.

Posted via Android Central App

Grrr....can't upgrade until 12/2, & 12/5 for the wife. Both of us are getting 32's. This is a great deal.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Grrr....can't upgrade until 12/2, & 12/5 for the wife. Both of us are getting 32's. This is a great deal.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

Go talk to Verizon, some times when you are within a month or less of your upgrade, they'll bump you up. Especially if you drop hints that you are thinking of switching carriers. Say something like, "I'm due for an upgrade next month and I'd like these Moto Xs. I was just over at AT&T though and they are having special XYZ so I was thinking of doing that since my ETF is only $20 a line right now. Is there any chance you guys could get me upgrades while the phone is still on sale here? I like your service, but AT&T is pretty good too and are a little cheaper." It has worked for me at several carriers before to get my upgrade moved up by as much as 60 days (though that was at Sprint). I think I got it moved up about 30 days on Verizon using this tactic.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Why not go N5? If you play games, or read news/pinterest, etc, and the screen size is a little off-putting, you might want to consider going droid maxx or N5. There is a good chance the size issue doesn’t just fade away for you. I come from a very small phone and still the 4.4 or 4.5 after buttons is obvious to me vs. a traditional 4.7, but form factor happens to be priority to me. Although I heard that in 4.4 there’s an option during games and video to swipe away the on screen buttons?

2nd the 32GB based on better too much than too little. And if you resell your phone later you'll prolly recoup $25 of the $50, in which case it would really be only $25 more. lol. I came from 8GB and really had to limit my music. Still found on 16 i had to micromanage, now 32GB is coming my way and i couldn't be happier about that.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Hrmm, most people like the size. It sort of amazing they got such a large screen on a small form factor. Hold it against a HTC One.
If you like hefty size phones for some reason, consider the Motorola Maxx.

My Droid 4 carried some heft because of its keyboard, so having the same smallness without the big back offput me, I think its fine though. I really thought the X was going to be slighty thinker and more curved.
Why not go N5? If you play games, or read news/pinterest, etc, and the screen size is a little off-putting, you might want to consider going droid maxx or N5. There is a good chance the size issue doesn?t just fade away for you. I come from a very small phone and still the 4.4 or 4.5 after buttons is obvious to me vs. a traditional 4.7, but form factor happens to be priority to me. Although I heard that in 4.4 there?s an option during games and video to swipe away the on screen buttons?

Yes 4.4 comes with a "immersion mode" where the nav and status bar disapear unless you swipe from the edge. And no N5 (On Verizon), plus I like Moto's features.

QUESTION: Has there been any Bluetooth keyboards for the Moto X yet? I might just use virtual because its new and my phones slow. But i love physical nevertheless.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

About to order and the Skip deal (out of stock) and $10 play credit is gone. D: And when does the thankyou10 show up?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

About to order and the Skip deal (out of stock) and $10 play credit is gone. D: And when does the thankyou10 show up?

On moto maker my $10 google play promo showed up right after my order page with the 'congrats!' page after your order is processed. And for sure they'll send you a skip later when they're back in stock, just call. And there's a code box before you checkout, I'm assuming you would put the code there.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

On moto maker my $10 google play promo showed up right after my order page with the 'congrats!' page after your order is processed. And for sure they'll send you a skip later when they're back in stock, just call. And there's a code box before you checkout, I'm assuming you would put the code there.

Ok I see it now. Though when I enterered the code it says "not applied." I'll contact them about the skip, and my hard time. lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20