No Auto Complete. How can this be?????

moman19

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Moto X from Sprint and the phone is great. However, I find it amazing that the Dial Pad completely lacks the ability to resolve numbers as I type names. Before anyone jumps to respond that this is now a setting in the latest version of Android, please don't bother. I looked. The option to enable Auto Complete is simply omitted on this model phone. Gone! How can this be? I called Moto Support and got nowhere. Only an apology. Can anyone recommend a viable workaround?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Moto X from Sprint and the phone is great. However, I find it amazing that the Dial Pad completely lacks the ability to resolve numbers as I type names. Before anyone jumps to respond that this is now a setting in the latest version of Android, please don't bother. I looked. The option to enable Auto Complete is simply omitted on this model phone. Gone! How can this be? I called Moto Support and got nowhere. Only an apology. Can anyone recommend a viable workaround?

Certain skins and phone companies put that feature in, but the stock OS 4.2.2 doesn't support this. However 4.3 and 4.4 does support this feature.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

can i jump in and say that with KitKat this feature will be available to all Moto X. from yesterdays announcement KitKat is coming in weeks.

to be precise its 4.3 feature

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The lack of this feature is one of the head scratchers for me. Same with any kind of quick reply for any of androids stock messaging apps. Just seems to simple and effective to leave out.

Posted via Android Central App