11-15-2013 12:49 PM
29 12
tools
    Bigger screen yes, removable battery no. I actually kind of hate 4.7" screens. They are usually too big to easily use one handed (though the Moto X may be an exception to this, I'll judge that when mine arrives) but aren't big enough to provide an amazing experience. Due to a Derp operating the register at Best Buy, they didn't use my upgrade to sell my my Moto Maker pin and no one seems interested in fixing it, so I'm probably going to get a Galaxy Mega with my upgrade, get it unlocked, and throw in a $30 a month T-Mobile SIM from WalMart (I live in a refarmed TMO area).
    Oh yeah, I read your BB experience in your other thread....crazy. I drove by a BB today and almost stopped because of your story :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2013 08:20 PM
    I ordered a custom Moto X on Monday to replace my Verizon GNex. The Moto X arrived yesterday. I love it so far. It runs much more smoothly compared with the GNex, no lag whatsoever. The screen is beautiful. And I love the form factor. The screen is basically the same size as the GNex (.05" larger I think) but the Moto X is thinner, smaller, and less bulky. I haven't tried the camera yet.

11-15-2013 07:57 AM
    Why? I have nothing but positive things to say about the dev/nexus experience. It was truly eye opening.
    Nexus ROMs were ok, since there was a great base to start with and usually Cyanogenmod worked fine. But when you go into other devices, it just doesn't come out that great. There's always something missing. I see posts like "This ROM is perfect" and then the same person complains about battery life or they're ok not having Bluetooth working.

And then you run into the issue that a new Android is released before the old one is done, and it just doesn't get finished. 4.2 comes out and 4.1 ROMs, which were probably a month away from being smooth, are dropped for 4.2, which have issues like BT or Camera. Or data is inconsistent.

Worst of all, you have some developers that just throw in every little mod they can think of when it makes no sense. A lot of times all this does is break things or kill your battery. Some roms are crippled by dual-core mods that force them to be on but your battery tanks.

I just kept running into issues after a few weeks and would find myself going back to the somewhat hateable stock ROM or barely modified stock ROM.

This time around, I was just looking for a phone I could use as-is and the Moto X was perfect.
    grooks likes this.
    11-15-2013 10:56 AM
    I've had my Moto X for about a month coming from a VZ Gnex.

I love this phone and don't miss CM or other ROMs much.

You'll love the battery life and an almost pure android look. The tweaks Motorola did on the phone are very good, and mostly transparent.

No regrets at all

+1 ... I switched from the Nexus 4 T-mobile to Moto X on Verizon and I have not regret it. Love the Moto X so far. I dont think I'll ever feel the need to load ROM's anymore.
    11-15-2013 12:49 PM
29 12