Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone here that got stuck with the change from 20 months to 24 months for the early upgrade on Verizon has had any luck calling Verizon customer support in between the 20 and 24 months to get the Moto X (or any other phone for that matter). I just hit 20 months and I am trying to decide between sticking with Verizon (if they allow me to do early upgrade) and get the Moto X or buy out the rest of my contract and get the N5 from T-mobile.

Any past experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    11-14-2013 01:31 PM
    I talked to a manager on the phone and really pressed the issue, but she wouldn't budge. I suppose you could try threatening to leave--that's a tactic I didn't take, because I'm not ready to move to a different provider yet.
    11-14-2013 01:49 PM
    I got caught by this change too (none too happy I might add). Thought about making a little stink about it because for the longest time it was right on the front of my account page when the the upgrade would be. Ultimately I decided I'd go off-contract to keep unlimited. But to the point... when my wife was up for an upgrade a little earlier this year, they wouldn't even consider budging for a couple of days or a week or two... it was pretty clear that simply wasn't an option. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it the old college try, but I'd keep your expectations fairly low.
    11-14-2013 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I definitely have my expectations set low. When I make the call, I plan on being able to back up my threat of leaving and switching to T-Mobile to get the Nexus 5.

I am so torn between the Moto X and Nexus 5 right now that I figure I will let destiny determine which one I end up with. LOL
    11-15-2013 10:32 AM