Help with Security Features

RedLux

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I am relatively new to Android and do not yet know all of the ins and outs of it. Recently I had my phone accidentally factory reset because my friends entered my password incorrectly 10 times. Can anyone tell me how to turn this off?

Posted via Android Central App

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You'l likely want to head into Settings>Security>Device administrators and uncheck "Local Wipe Policy"

Scott

I am relatively new to Android and do not yet know all of the ins and outs of it. Recently I had my phone accidentally factory reset because my friends entered my password incorrectly 10 times. Can anyone tell me how to turn this off?

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If that setting is enabled due to a corperate (or school) email required it, unchecking the option will break your email (and calander, contact, etc.) sync for that account. If that isn't why the option was enabled, then uncheck away.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point.

On my new Moto X is was checked by default. I have no other device management policies/requirements associated with my device. It's a personal use device with a single Google Apps account associated (managed by me with no remote device policies - and this does not appear related to the Android Device Manager).

Scott

If that setting is enabled due to a corperate (or school) email required it, unchecking the option will break your email (and calander, contact, etc.) sync for that account. If that isn't why the option was enabled, then uncheck away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781