Moto X Discontinued

uffda_x

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Today I was informed the Moto X was discontinued. I know this is complete BS, because it came from a non corporate AT&T store managers mouth (oh....and he just so happen to speak with a motorola rep 2 days before) So sick of how employees are willing to spin a web of lies just to increase a potential commission.

His reason for discontined Moto X
- "Phone was a dud"
- "Moto G is replacing it"
- "Motorola rep told me"
- "They are not making a wood model"
- "AT&T wont carry it after this month"
- "we already sent back some of our old stock for credit, and have to send back the rest at the end of the month"

If you don't believe me, call the store yourself :)

8241 South Howell Avenue
Oak Creek, WI 53154
(414) 768-1066

uffda_x

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree, the phone is a great concept and they just released moto maker on other networks, way to soon for them to scrap it. The ATT rep just wanted to sell me a different phone, but was pulling out all the stops trying to sway my decision on a Moto X.

uffda_x

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Called him out on the fact that the moto G was an entry level phone, also on the idea of the moto x being discontinued while they release moto maker on other networks. Very delusional store manager.

uffda_x

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I figured, trying to up sell me a phone they make more commission on. The reality is, as a person who makes commission sales, there is a point when you suck up the ego and make the sale, a lower commission is better than no commission.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I figured, trying to up sell me a phone they make more commission on. The reality is, as a person who makes commission sales, there is a point when you suck up the ego and make the sale, a lower commission is better than no commission.

4/5 people i've asked that worked in wireless stores were really lackluster on the X. The only one who was into it was someone who didn't have one and wanted one cuz he was still on an iPhone 4 and wanted a bigger screen but not too big a phone. And that was before the price drop.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were. Everything i like gets discontinued. lol. And all good stuff gets discontinued as well. I'm always wondering what is wrong with people that they don't know how good these things are. People are weird. Ikea had this super amazing foldout over the door thing to hand dry your clothes on. They immediately discontinued it even though it was the best thing ever. Most of my favorite makeup and skincare is discontinued. Now i just buy things in multiples. But alas, with cell phones, that doesn't solve the problem.

Signed, former Palm Pre user.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
When I got my x at the Att corporate store they acted like I was crazy for not getting "a galaxy" cause apparently they are so much better than all other androids lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
When I got my x at the Att corporate store they acted like I was crazy for not getting "a galaxy" cause apparently they are so much better than all other androids lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No, you're not crazy for not getting a galaxy, you're crazy because of your Cowboys avatar. How 'bout dem Saints...

Mickfl

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm the last 5 days I have seen endless Moto x commercials on TV, weird for a phone they are killing :)

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I doubt the x will be discontinued soon. The moto g launch yesterday showed the CEO saying a sharp increase in moto x sales after motomaker opened up.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Today I was informed the Moto X was discontinued. I know this is complete BS, because it came from a non corporate AT&T store managers mouth (oh....and he just so happen to speak with a motorola rep 2 days before) So sick of how employees are willing to spin a web of lies just to increase a potential commission.

His reason for discontined Moto X
- "Phone was a dud"
- "Moto G is replacing it"
- "Motorola rep told me"
- "They are not making a wood model"
- "AT&T wont carry it after this month"
- "we already sent back some of our old stock for credit, and have to send back the rest at the end of the month"

If you don't believe me, call the store yourself :)

8241 South Howell Avenue
Oak Creek, WI 53154
(414) 768-1066

I'm 10 minutes away, from that store. I should go in there and cause some trouble. It'll be fun. :p

It wouldn't be the first time, a carrier store rep or manager has outright lied. I could be wrong, though: that particular store may have stopped selling the Moto X. Is that even a possibility?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
No, you're not crazy for not getting a galaxy, you're crazy because of your Cowboys avatar. How 'bout dem Saints...

Cowboys die hard for life! Unfortunately it's more of the same mediocrity and terrible defense. Saints look good this year. Definitely top 3 or 4 teams so far. I live in Louisiana so I get plenty of crap for being a Cowboys fan but I am used to it:)

FreakSquadJK

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hmm the last 5 days I have seen endless Moto x commercials on TV, weird for a phone they are killing :)

This... I've noticed a huge increase in TV ads specifically over the past week or so, which I assume is tied to the expansion of Motomaker - neither of which seem like things that would be done for a phone being discontinued.