People with the color with a case, what is your fave case? And anyone found a crystal clear tpu case

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to say after using three cases, a bumper (can't remember the manufacturer), the Hyperion TPU, and the Anker case, my vote is the Anker, hands down. Only gripe is it covers the dimple. I like that the power and volume buttons are exposed rather than having to press on the cover. Best thing is it feels perfect in the hand. Almost like there's no cover. Could be because it does a good job of not creating a noticeable lip around the screen. I am going to try the barely there case though.

Update: Received the barely there case by casemate. It's either going back or in the trash. Too slippery, smudges easily and just looks plain ugly to look at the phone through some kind of plexiglass. I'd rather have a case like Anker, or just go naked.

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I have to say after using three cases, a bumper (can't remember the manufacturer), the Hyperion TPU, and the Anker case, my vote is the Anker, hands down. Only gripe is it covers the dimple. I like that the power and volume buttons are exposed rather than having to press on the cover. Best thing is it feels perfect in the hand. Almost like there's no cover. Could be because it does a good job of not creating a noticeable lip around the screen. I am going to try the barely there case though.

The Anker doesn't allow us to see the custom back, though...sad face.

I have been using the Griffin Reveal case for less than 48 hours and it's already scratched to all hell. I am going to try to get a refund.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The Anker doesn't allow us to see the custom back, though...sad face.

I have been using the Griffin Reveal case for less than 48 hours and it's already scratched to all hell. I am going to try to get a refund.

The only way to go then, besides not using a case is a bumper with no back. I tried: Amazon.com: Slick Shell TPU Black and Yellow Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories. But this one has it's own power and volume buttons built in, and I found they are too easy to press. It was sometimes turning on while in my pocket. Could be that no case is the way to go for the Moto X.

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The only way to go then, besides not using a case is a bumper with no back. I tried: Amazon.com: Slick Shell TPU Black and Yellow Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories. But this one has it's own power and volume buttons built in, and I found they are too easy to press. It was sometimes turning on while in my pocket. Could be that no case is the way to go for the Moto X.

I have been using the clear Snap Case by Incase since my Moto X came on Thursday (look for pictures in my earlier post). It is a hard-shell plastic case, completely clear, with cutouts for all of the buttons and ports. The power and volume buttons do not stick up as far as the cutouts around them, so in effect they are recessed. I have not had any issues with accidental button presses. It took me a couple of days to get used to the feel of the case (coming from a TPU case on my GNex this felt kind of slippery at first), but I have gotten used to it and rather like it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The only thing with the clear plastic cases is they scratch up really, really badly. My Griffin reveal has gone to hell in 48 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

anon7856321

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
P1000162.jpg
P1000163.jpg
P1000169.jpg
P1000171.jpg
P1000172.jpg

Picked up a rocketfish soft-shell case today from Best Buy for the 14.99 an earlier poster posted about. I really like the case so far...fits the Moto X snugly without adding much bulk. Almost dislike the fact that the volume and lock buttons are covered up but they are pretty responsive to the built-in buttons of the case. This case doesn't have the dimple wish isn't really a negative for me. I was never finding myself using the dimple to begin with. The photos and the fact that I have the black woven probably don't show it as well but this case is definitely crystal clear. Does get a lot of glare from lights (as seen in the pictures) and also picks up fingerprints, smudges, etc. For now I am going to keep it. Hate putting a case on any phone as I hate the added bulk so usually go for the TPU type cases for the minimalist approach. Also pushed my phone off the bed last week onto my Nexus 7 and put a dent in the volume rocker (should put a picture of the dent up here). If anyone has any questions about the case let me know.

Edit: My brain gets ahead of my fingers sometime so had to fix some spelling mistakes.

Here's my dent:
P1000180.jpg

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 92583
View attachment 92584
View attachment 92585

Picked up a rocketfish soft-shell case today from Best Buy for the 14.99 an earlier poster posted about. I really like the case so far...fits the Moto X snugly without adding much bulk. Almost dislike the fact that the volume and lock buttons are covered up but they are pretty responsive to the built-in buttons of the case. This case doesn't have the dimple wish isn't really a negative for me. I was never finding myself using the dimple to begin with. The photos and the fact that I have the black woven probably don't show it as well but this case is definitely crystal clear. Does get a lot of glare from lights (as seen in the pictures) and also picks up fingerprints, smudges, etc. For now I am going to keep it. Hate putting a case on any phone as I hate the added bulk so usually go for the TPU type cases for the minimalist approach. Also pushed my phone off the bed last week onto my Nexus 7 and put a dent in the volume rocker (should put a picture of the dent up here). If anyone has any questions about the case let me know.

Edit: My brain gets ahead of my fingers sometime so had to fix some spelling mistakes.

Here's my dent:
View attachment 92590

Looks great. I bought a 2nd one, I really like this case. Looks great on the black.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The only thing with the clear plastic cases is they scratch up really, really badly. My Griffin reveal has gone to hell in 48 hours.

Send that sheite back for a refund.

Last edited:

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the white back Dev edition and I didn't want to cover it up so I went with this case. It fits REALLY snug and doesn't creek or squeak. Its not crystal clear but it has a mixture of gloss/smooth and matte/texture. Its not thin by any means and is really sturdy. I will use it till I find something as sturdy but more clear. This phone is too nice to hide and at the same time too nice to not protect with a case. 1st world problems...

Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Clear/Black, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Cell Phones & Accessories

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that this phone is meant to be used without a case. First phone I've ever seen that I could say that about. Otherwise the Anker case is the best one I've used.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the white back Dev edition and I didn't want to cover it up so I went with this case. It fits REALLY snug and doesn't creek or squeak. Its not crystal clear but it has a mixture of gloss/smooth and matte/texture. Its not thin by any means and is really sturdy. I will use it till I find something as sturdy but more clear. This phone is too nice to hide and at the same time too nice to not protect with a case. 1st world problems...

Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Clear/Black, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Cell Phones & Accessories

Aww...I was kind of hoping this case was on the thinner side. Oh well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie