11-19-2013 12:12 AM
33 12
tools
    Mah color moto is on it's way and i think i want a case, even though i plan to buy insurance. Partly because I heard it's slippery, and partly because i'm not crazy about the texture from what i've felt in stores. I found this completely clear TPU case on Amazon, **update, reviews say it's not actually crystal clear, but rather a frost.
    Amazon.com: KAYSCASE Skin Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Motorola X Phone Moto X Phone by Google (Clear): Cell Phones & Accessories

hopefully i can find a cheaper one since it's TPU, and since if it's anything like my frosted clear TPU case, it'll yellow in no time flat. Then there's the hard plastic clear cases, i heard they scratch super easy. Although if the hard plastic clear is super cheap i don't mind changing it a few times a year. This one is so similar to the incase one and only $3.95..
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GAHCJ6U/...cUvbUpU3242413

If you're using a case on your custom moto, which one? do you like it? recommend it?
    11-14-2013 11:13 PM
    I don't have a moto maker X but I use a clear TPU case on my dev edition. The one I use is the Rocketfish Clear Soft-shell case sold at Best Buy. It's pricey for a TPU case ($25) but I really like that it's crystal clear and had absolutely no logos or branding anywhere on it.

Link: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1219058090074

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2013 11:34 PM
    I'd like to know this, as well. I ordered the Griffin Reveal case but have heard the back scratches easily. I love TPU cases but I want a clear one to show off my MotoMaker design. Maybe I'll try that Best Buy one.
    11-15-2013 12:44 AM
    I got the clear Snap Case by Incase . It's a little pricey but I like it so far.

11-15-2013 07:44 AM
    I got the clear Snap Case by Incase . It's a little pricey but I like it so far.

That's hard clear plastic, right? Is it the one from Motorola's site?

11-15-2013 08:02 AM
    Yup. I'm currently using it on my white front, woven black back w/ silver accents. Looks very sharp, gives it a cool effect, kind if like its frozen in a block of a ice. Its kind if slippery but very pocketable.

Posted via Motorola Motox
    11-15-2013 08:39 AM
    Yup. I'm currently using it on my white front, woven black back w/ silver accents. Looks very sharp, gives it a cool effect, kind if like its frozen in a block of a ice. Its kind if slippery but very pocketable.

Posted via Motorola Motox
    pics pretty please?

oops, nev mind, found a pic online. cute. hmmmm..
    11-15-2013 09:38 AM
    That's hard clear plastic, right? Is it the one from Motorola's site?

Yes, hard plastic. It snaps on easily. It's a little tough to pry off, but with no removable battery it's not like I'll be taking it on and off all the time. I got it along with the order for the phone, straight from Motorola.
    11-15-2013 02:28 PM
    Here are some pics of my phone in the clear Snap Case by Incase.

People with the color with a case, what is your fave case? And anyone found a crystal clear tpu case-img_20131114_193536.jpg

People with the color with a case, what is your fave case? And anyone found a crystal clear tpu case-img_20131114_193628.jpg

People with the color with a case, what is your fave case? And anyone found a crystal clear tpu case-img_20131114_193640.jpg
    Stang68 and fldude99 like this.
    11-15-2013 02:35 PM
    I'll be posting my reviews on the Diztronic clear/frost TPU case and the Hyperion smoke, clear/frost, and red TPU cases soon.
    11-15-2013 03:00 PM
    I'll be posting my reviews on the Diztronic clear/frost TPU case and the Hyperion smoke, clear/frost, and red TPU cases soon.
    Cool, I've always liked Diztronic but I'm not sure how well my color back will be seen with the "frosted back". Looking forward to your writeup!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-15-2013 04:34 PM
    and here's the Rocketfish clear TPU case. Just picked it up on the way home. . Looks good, I like it, but sooooo expensive. $25 plus tax? what the... My frosted case really didn't look so bad, so I might return this and just do the frosted.

(I really do have the worst camera ever)

I emailed a guy in China who sells 1,000's of frosted ones and told him that only rocketfish has clear that he should make them and he'd make a lot of money. lol.
    11-15-2013 07:15 PM
    I just ordered Barely There Clear. I'll report back. I've already tried like 3 cases. Not totally happy with either one. Hyperion TPU...ok, but it covers the power and volume buttons and it's hard to press..so ehh...Slick Shell bumper...nice but way too easy to press the power button. I found myself **** dialing etc...Anker minimilastic...I like this one the best, but I have a problem with the fact that the Moto dimple is covered by the case.
    weksa likes this.
    11-15-2013 08:12 PM
    I just ordered Barely There Clear. I'll report back. I've already tried like 3 cases. Not totally happy with either one. Hyperion TPU...ok, but it covers the power and volume buttons and it's hard to press..so ehh...Slick Shell bumper...nice but way too easy to press the power button. I found myself **** dialing etc...Anker minimilastic...I like this one the best, but I have a problem with the fact that the Moto dimple is covered by the case.
    I also don't like the fact that the anker minimalistic covers the dimple but I haven't found another thin shelled case that does reveal the dimple. Any luck there?
    11-15-2013 09:09 PM
    I also don't like the fact that the anker minimalistic covers the dimple but I haven't found another thin shelled case that does reveal the dimple. Any luck there?
    Not really. I'll see how the Barely There handles that. Couldn't quite tell from the online photos
    11-15-2013 09:40 PM
    Not really. I'll see how the Barely There handles that. Couldn't quite tell from the online photos
    Looking at the other colors of the barely there I don't think the dimple will be exposed.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    11-15-2013 11:15 PM
    Looking at the other colors of the barely there I don't think the dimple will be exposed.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Yea on the colored ones, but I ordered the clear one. But we'll see when it arrives, unless someone has already bought one
    11-15-2013 11:51 PM
    I have a moto maker white back...I ordered the skin case (white) from shopandroid (bitdroid i think is whats its called) and it's perfect. $9.00. I think they sell a clear one.

11-16-2013 02:03 AM
    Woot!

The Rocketfish crystal clear TPU case (the one shoebox mentioned and i posted a pic of) just went on sale for $14.99. . I just bought mine yesterday so I'll get my price adjustment next time i'm there and might even pick up another one.

Rocketfish SoftShell Case for Motorola Moto X Mobile Phones RF-MXT2C - Best Buy

Quick review, i really like it. On the BB page you'll see someone wrote a review and gave it 2 stars, that's cuz they were writing a review for something else. lol. It fits great, eliminates all the slipperyness of the smooth texture back and looks nifty, the fit is perfect. Tight and has that tiny lip that keeps that offers a little extra protection. I can't speak to how it will hold up (whether it will yellow or not like my frosted TPU from another brand did) though. it has the typical TPU case button covers that make the buttons not as easy to press.
    anon7856321 likes this.
    11-17-2013 10:42 AM
    Woot!

The Rocketfish crystal clear TPU case (the one shoebox mentioned and i posted a pic of) just went on sale for $14.99. . I just bought mine yesterday so I'll get my price adjustment next time i'm there and might even pick up another one.

Rocketfish SoftShell Case for Motorola Moto X Mobile Phones RF-MXT2C - Best Buy

Quick review, i really like it. On the BB page you'll see someone wrote a review and gave it 2 stars, that's cuz they were writing a review for something else. lol. It fits great, eliminates all the slipperyness of the smooth texture back and looks nifty, the fit is perfect. Tight and has that tiny lip that keeps that offers a little extra protection. I can't speak to how it will hold up (whether it will yellow or not like my frosted TPU from another brand did) though. it has the typical TPU case button covers that make the buttons not as easy to press.
    I always feel like these see-through cases will eventually become a demonstration of how much lint is your pocket.
    Paisley likes this.
    11-17-2013 09:47 PM
    I have to say after using three cases, a bumper (can't remember the manufacturer), the Hyperion TPU, and the Anker case, my vote is the Anker, hands down. Only gripe is it covers the dimple. I like that the power and volume buttons are exposed rather than having to press on the cover. Best thing is it feels perfect in the hand. Almost like there's no cover. Could be because it does a good job of not creating a noticeable lip around the screen. I am going to try the barely there case though.

Update: Received the barely there case by casemate. It's either going back or in the trash. Too slippery, smudges easily and just looks plain ugly to look at the phone through some kind of plexiglass. I'd rather have a case like Anker, or just go naked.
    11-17-2013 11:21 PM
    I have to say after using three cases, a bumper (can't remember the manufacturer), the Hyperion TPU, and the Anker case, my vote is the Anker, hands down. Only gripe is it covers the dimple. I like that the power and volume buttons are exposed rather than having to press on the cover. Best thing is it feels perfect in the hand. Almost like there's no cover. Could be because it does a good job of not creating a noticeable lip around the screen. I am going to try the barely there case though.
    The Anker doesn't allow us to see the custom back, though...sad face.

I have been using the Griffin Reveal case for less than 48 hours and it's already scratched to all hell. I am going to try to get a refund.
    11-17-2013 11:44 PM
    The Anker doesn't allow us to see the custom back, though...sad face.

I have been using the Griffin Reveal case for less than 48 hours and it's already scratched to all hell. I am going to try to get a refund.
    The only way to go then, besides not using a case is a bumper with no back. I tried: Amazon.com: Slick Shell TPU Black and Yellow Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories. But this one has it's own power and volume buttons built in, and I found they are too easy to press. It was sometimes turning on while in my pocket. Could be that no case is the way to go for the Moto X.
    11-18-2013 10:32 AM
    The only way to go then, besides not using a case is a bumper with no back. I tried: Amazon.com: Slick Shell TPU Black and Yellow Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories. But this one has it's own power and volume buttons built in, and I found they are too easy to press. It was sometimes turning on while in my pocket. Could be that no case is the way to go for the Moto X.
    I have been using the clear Snap Case by Incase since my Moto X came on Thursday (look for pictures in my earlier post). It is a hard-shell plastic case, completely clear, with cutouts for all of the buttons and ports. The power and volume buttons do not stick up as far as the cutouts around them, so in effect they are recessed. I have not had any issues with accidental button presses. It took me a couple of days to get used to the feel of the case (coming from a TPU case on my GNex this felt kind of slippery at first), but I have gotten used to it and rather like it.
    11-18-2013 11:27 AM
    Has anybody seen this clear case, or any cases made by this company?

Air Jacket Clear for Moto X
    11-18-2013 05:17 PM
33 12