Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life is incredible!

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
In an effort to help time pass as I waited for my Moto X to be delivered I decided to read and watch as many Moto X reviews as I could. Review after review, they all said the Moto X was great, but the one thing that stood out to me was that the majority of reviewers only managed to get about 3 hours of screen-on time with most reviewers saying battery life was simply good, decent, moderate, or solid. However, I've noticed the exact opposite.

I'm a heavy user and usually I can kill a good battery within a school day (7am - 7pm, or 9 am -7pm depending on the day) with the iPhone 5s and Galaxy S4, as two examples. With the iPhone I made it till about 3pm before it needed a recharge and with the S4 I made it till around 2pm till I needed a charge. With the Moto X, however, I'm completely blown away. I've used the phone nearly nonstop today and yet I still haven't even plugged it in. GPS, wifi, Google Now, LTE, one exchange email, and one gmail have all been going on all day. Wifi has been spotty at best (college dorm, wifi sucks here) and my cell signal is also not the greatest, so that probably took a toll on the battery. I've sent hundreds of texts, used Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (it's actually not as bad as I thought), and was even on the phone for a bit as well. Through all this, the phone just won't die. This is also unrooted so nothing is frozen, just a few disabled apps.

So, all I can say is battery life is absolutely amazing. And to think this only has a 2200mAh battery. This is rivaling battery life I got with my G2 that has a massive 3000mAh battery. Just look at the screenshots, they speak for themselves (I was able to take one screenshot of the screen-on time 10 seconds before the phone died, the others were taken about 5 minutes or so before it died . Anyone else seeing crazy battery life as well?

Screenshot_2013-11-15-19-38-18.png
Screenshot_2013-11-15-19-38-24.png
Screenshot_2013-11-15-19-43-24.png

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me

dont know where u heard 3 hrs but moto X users just like u have posted many threads with 5-6 hrs screen time....

moto X rulez

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

dont know where u heard 3 hrs but moto X users just like u have posted many threads with 5-6 hrs screen time....

moto X rulez

Just from screenshots that reviewers had been posting online. I've also seen plenty of regular users posting only 2-4 hours of screen-on time, which is why I am so surprised. The fact that this phone can get 5 hours of screen-on time is nuts!

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Very nice to see. I just got mine in today and have been fiddling with it non stop lol. Can't wait to see what the actual battery life looks like on a normal day for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wow... this phone just keeps surprising me. Battery life incredible!

You guys are killing me. I just ordered my Moto X and reading all these threads about how good the phone is is driving me nuts. I WANT MY X!!!!!!!

Sent from somewhere

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

You guys are killing me. I just ordered my Moto X and reading all these threads about how good the phone is is driving me nuts. I WANT MY X!!!!!!!

Sent from somewhere
moto X is awesome, if that makes u feel any better :p

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Sent from somewhere

I was in the same position a few days ago, so I know your pain. :)

I just couldn't help posting this thread... I've NEVER seen battery life like this from an Android device unless it has a massive 3000+ mAh battery, and I DEFINITELY didn't see this kind of battery life out of the box from an Android phone either. It usually took a few days and required me to root the phone to freeze a bunch of manufacturer and carrier bloatware. The fact that the Moto X can get this kind of life on the first day out of the box is something I've never seen before.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

I was in the same position a few days ago, so I know your pain. :)

I just couldn't help posting this thread... I've NEVER seen battery life like this from an Android device unless it has a massive 3000+ mAh battery, and I DEFINITELY didn't see this kind of battery life out of the box from an Android phone either. It usually took a few days and required me to root the phone to freeze a bunch of manufacturer and carrier bloatware. The fact that the Moto X can get this kind of life on the first day out of the box is something I've never seen before.

What I find nearly unbelievable is how thin the X is compared to my Rezound with an extended battery! The X has nearly the same power output as the brick, er, Rezound I use now, but the X is SO much more svelte.

Sent from somewhere

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

What do you guys like the most?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

The feelvof the phone... By far the best.

Seriously, this.

What do you guys like the most?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

As globster2000 said, the feel of the phone is definitely one of things I like most about it. It's to the point where I don't even want to use a case (although I know I'd drop it eventually, thus causing me to cry) which is something I can't say the same of any other phone I've owned other than the iPhone, but even then, this phone is definitely my favorite so far in terms of weight, feel, and ergonomics. The iPhone felt premium, but it also felt fragile. The Moto X manages to feel premium, but at the same time is rugged and can definitely take a beating (hell, it's water-resistant, and based off of past phones that used their water-resistant nanocoating, it really works). You'd think a phone that is rugged would be thick, bulky, and feel horrible in the hand, yet the Moto X feels amazing, in what I can only describe as feeling soft in the hand. The curvature of the back literally conforms to your hand, while also being smooth and grippy; it's a pleasure to hold. I don't know how to put it any other way. It's exactly how a smartphone should feel, even though most do not.

Last edited:

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

That's pretty nice.. Btw I was running cm 11 and got 14 hours on my GS3.. now that is impressive too.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Seriously, this.

As globster2000 said, the feel of the phone is definitely one of things I like most about it. It's to the point where I don't even want to use a case (although I know I'd drop it eventually, thus causing me to cry) which is something I can't say the same of any other phone I've owned other than the iPhone, but even then, this phone is definitely my favorite so far in terms of weight, feel, and ergonomics. The iPhone felt premium, but it also felt fragile. The Moto X manages to feel premium, but at the same time is rugged and can definitely take a beating (hell, it's water-resistant, and based off of past phones that used their water-resistant nanocoating, it really works). You'd think a phone that is rugged would be thick, bulky, and feel horrible in the hand, yet the Moto X feels amazing, in what I can only describe as feeling soft in the hand. The curvature of the back literally conforms to your hand, while also being smooth and grippy; it's a pleasure to hold. I don't know how to put it any other way. It's exactly how a smartphone should feel, even though most do not.

I don't think I'll ever go back to the iPhone if it keeps its current shape. I remembered my 4s would hurt my hand in 10 minutes because of its box like shape. Where as my moto x is always in my hand and never hurts because of its curves and dimple. The active notifications, touchless controls (although 4.4 will make it truly touchless), camera gestures, and snappy OS + Games is added extra... The only complaint is not having a nice wood back and the camera. I'm no photographer but the camera is 50/50 for me in terms of capturing moments.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

That custom chip + legendary Moto reception = amazing battery life. Dont really know much about the custom chip....but when you have phones that get good reception, they last longer vs. phones that dont. Phones with weaker reception work harder trying to get, maintain a signal.

Plus probably because of other lil features like the active notifications. I wonder whats the battery drain vs a notification light. I still prefer the notification light tho.