So much for wood backs! I took the plunge a few minutes ago and went through the Moto Maker process. $50 off on Verizon was too tempting. Who knew I could be such a sell out. Random question. After checking out I noticed that the website gave me the option to get the infamous $10 Google Play Credit for sharing your design, yet after clicking on it I don't actually have any sharing options. Any idea if this expired and the website just hasn't been updated?
    11-16-2013 01:41 PM
    I have been holding out for the wood backs as well, but on Friday decided to just pull the trigger. I guess there is a 14 day return period so we'll eye of the wood comes out soon. That being said I clicked the share link and received a 10 credit. You need to sign in to your Google account before then it shows you a Facebook or Google + option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2013 02:21 PM
    Im about to follow you guys. My only concern is that i'll end up being late on the ol mortgage when the wood backs finally show up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2013 03:22 PM
    That's what was weird, I was logged into my Google Account. I finally hit up customer service to see if they could help. It took about 20 minutes and a couple screen shots and links to the url's to get it squared away. I guess there was some kind of glitch because Motorola couldn't figure it out either. In the end, they apologized 14x over and decided to mail me a $25 Play Store gift card. That's awesome.

As far as wood goes, I agree more and more with a post I saw elsewhere. The hold up is probably in manufacturing/logistics because it's VERY hard to cut wood as precisely as you would need to cut it for a phone. They maybe be able to do it for a few, but large scale production is down right hard. I hope we see them one day, but it doesn't sound promising.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2013 06:42 AM