11-29-2013 05:34 PM
104 12345
tools
    So I ordered my 32gb x through moto maker late Saturday night. Just got an email from FedEx that I have a package from Motorola being overnighted to me and will be here tomorrow. Motos estimate was Friday but pleasantly surprised I'm getting it two days earlier than the estimate.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-19-2013 06:26 PM
    We already had to update camera out of box. At least you'd update and be done. Not have to wait.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    True, but an OS update is larger and stands more of a chance of bricking your customer's phones. If it's a large roll out, I'd imagine it's in a manufacturer's best interest to hold stock for a few days, implement an update, and then send trouble-free devices out. Granted, I know NOTHING about the business.
    11-19-2013 06:28 PM
    So I ordered my 32gb x through moto maker late Saturday night. Just got an email from FedEx that I have a package from Motorola being overnighted to me and will be here tomorrow. Motos estimate was Friday but pleasantly surprised I'm getting it two days earlier than the estimate.

I ordered mine on Friday and it was supposed to be here today. Contacted Moto and they said it would be until Friday. Sucks I live 10 miles from Fort Worth. Still nothing from FedEx.
    11-19-2013 07:07 PM
    Mine was supposed to be here today, too. Contacted Motorola and they told me my X was packed up and in their warehouse waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Got a case number in the event my X does not show up soon.

Sent from somewhere
    11-19-2013 07:50 PM
    Ordered mine sunday? My device was assembled more than 60 hours ago but with no shipment notifyer yet. Fed Ex dosent reach me usually till 5pm and my date is the 22. I have to go that day and I'm hoping by some miracle I get it even just a hour sooner before I leave.
    11-20-2013 12:31 AM
    Ordered mine sunday? My device was assembled more than 60 hours ago but with no shipment notifyer yet. Fed Ex dosent reach me usually till 5pm and my date is the 22. I have to go that day and I'm hoping by some miracle I get it even just a hour sooner before I leave.
    Did you have any engraving? What carrier? I ordered mine (Verizon) on Saturday. I got two emails on Saturday. The first was my order confirmation and my "You Built It" email. About 4.5 hours later I got another email saying, "We're Assembling It". That's been it. I assume that the "hold up" is custom engraving. My estimated delivery date is the 22nd as well.
    11-20-2013 12:40 AM
    Did you have any engraving? What carrier? I ordered mine (Verizon) on Saturday. I got two emails on Saturday. The first was my order confirmation and my "You Built It" email. About 4.5 hours later I got another email saying, "We're Assembling It". That's been it. I assume that the "hold up" is custom engraving. My estimated delivery date is the 22nd as well.
    Verizon and yes to engraving. I didn't need it, I just thought it would be fun. (I don't sell my devices). So I guess thats the hold up. Grrr. :/
    11-20-2013 12:52 AM
    Maybe so. But hey, at least we know! (Maybe)
    11-20-2013 01:09 AM
    After speaking with them yesterday it sounds like all orders are going to take longer. Mine was due yesterday and still has not shipped.
    Do you have a FedEx account? If not sign up and then you can let them know you are out of town on certain dates. So they know not to leave it on your door step for a week. Also you may be able to just have them keep it at their hub so you can pick it up yourself Friday. Another thing to think about is these all go out FedEx overnight delivery. Overnight arrives by 10:30 the next day in most areas.
    11-20-2013 07:42 AM
    It's interesting that Moto still hasn't updated my order to shipped yet my fedex account shows the package is in my town and set to be delivered to me today.
    11-20-2013 08:00 AM
    I ordered/received mine last week, and came as expected (in 4 days)- ordered Monday night got it Friday...worth noting is that I didn't get a tracking number until the day it was delivered. It apparently left Texas Thursday afternoon, which I learned as I woke up to a tracking number in my Inbox Friday morning, and the phone was in my hands before noon- so hopefully the same happens for all of you..

...and trust me, it's worth the wait!!
    11-20-2013 08:23 AM
    It's interesting that Moto still hasn't updated my order to shipped yet my fedex account shows the package is in my town and set to be delivered to me today.
    The same for me! I created an account on FedEx and guess what? My phone is in town and on a truck for delivery. Yet when I chatted with Motorola again this morning they said the phone had not shipped! Motorola needs to get their act together. It's embarrassing that they don't know what is going on.
    11-20-2013 08:24 AM
    Just got the email that mine shipped, went and checked the tracking number and it's on the truck for delivery. Freak' in unbelievably awesome. That's a full 2 business days early. I'll take it!
    prissysox and grooks like this.
    11-20-2013 10:49 AM
    Just got the email that mine shipped, went and checked the tracking number and it's on the truck for delivery. Freak' in unbelievably awesome. That's a full 2 business days early. I'll take it!
    Well I have no e-mail on this but my FedEx account now says they have shipment info and will deliver it tomorrow. Mine was supposed to deliver on Tuesday. Point is you stole my 2 days! LOL. Oh well at least I know it will be here before I go on vacation.
    11-20-2013 10:56 AM
    Same with mine, 2 days earlier than estimated. Fedex dropped mine off about 2 hours ago but I'm still at work so I have to wait until tonight to play.

There was a 4 minute difference from the email from moto letting me know it shipped and fedex delivering it to my door. Moto is a little slow with the shipping notices
    11-20-2013 11:25 AM
    Well, looking at how mine was shipped, it went out last night @ 19:30 and was overnighted. I'm sure the side of Motorola that does the actual shipping is separate from the side of Motorola that updates user's accounts. I mean, the thing was on the truck for delivery this morning before people were probably in their offices. Crazy.

Knowing all that though, I'll give them a pass because my entire purchasing experience thus far has royally surprised me.

11-20-2013 11:38 AM
    They went above and beyond for my transaction

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-20-2013 01:26 PM
    Mine is supposed to be here Friday. Ordered Sunday. No info emailed besides the initial 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    11-20-2013 03:05 PM
    Well I tried talking to Motorola to see whats the deal. But since I went with my StepDads name (which just popped in automatically), for the order (but my name on the moto account o.O) they won't talk to me about my phone. maybe just say I'm my dad? lol.
    11-20-2013 03:55 PM
    Mine is supposed to be here Friday. Ordered Sunday. No info emailed besides the initial 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    Same here. Hoping for a your-phone-has-shipped email tomorrow...
    anon(464338) likes this.
    11-20-2013 04:27 PM
    Side note, I thought these things are suppose to be delivered requiring signature? Mine was not. Instead is sitting on the front steps of my apartment with a dozen people walking by. Seriously, FedEx?

11-20-2013 04:50 PM
    Side note, I thought these things are suppose to be delivered requiring signature? Mine was not. Instead is sitting on the front steps of my apartment with a dozen people walking by. Seriously, FedEx?

Not good. I have a SFH but still i hope im there to recieve it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-20-2013 04:54 PM
    Can you imagine replacing a custom phone that is subsidized because some lazy goober delivery guy can't use a little brain power? All deliveries to an apartment complex should go to the office.

Now I'm paranoid. LOL

11-20-2013 04:57 PM
    Can you imagine replacing a custom phone that is subsidized because some lazy goober delivery guy can't use a little brain power? All deliveries to an apartment complex should go to the office.

Now I'm paranoid. LOL

Seriously. My phone was delivered to the rental office, as it should be.

Sent from somewhere
    11-20-2013 09:09 PM
    Well, got my X and a pair of in-ear headphones today. Unfortunately, Motorola shipped the wrong color headphones. I ordered royal blue and they sent me olive green. No big deal, a phone call to Motorola solved the issue. They are sending me the right color. Can you imagine if the PHONE was different than what I ordered? Thankfully, the phone was assembled exactly as I ordered it, right down to the signature, boot screen greeting and wallpaper.

BTW, no sooner had I activated my phone, the Kit Kat update started to download! 10 minutes later and I am running 4.4. Never got a chance to experience Jelly Bean.

Sent from somewhere
    anon(464338) likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:14 PM
104 12345