Why are some of you getting your custom moto x in 2 days?

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Some people are receiving their moto maker phones much sooner than others. Some in under 3 days? Why is this? I ordered on Wednesday afternoon and they're saying I might be receiving it on the 20th...at the latest. Makes no sense.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people are receiving their moto maker phones much sooner than others. Some in under 3 days? Why is this? I ordered on Wednesday afternoon and they're saying I might be receiving it on the 20th...at the latest. Makes no sense.

Possibly different carriers? If they had a ton more demand for say, Sprint, than they anticipated, they may be waiting for the boards with Sprint radios on them, so shipping on those will be delayed. In the meantime, that part delay wouldn't effect AT&T or Verizon ship times.

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Possibly different carriers? If they had a ton more demand for say, Sprint, than they anticipated, they may be waiting for the boards with Sprint radios on them, so shipping on those will be delayed. In the meantime, that part delay wouldn't effect AT&T or Verizon ship times.

I bought the t-mobile version.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought the t-mobile version.

I wasn't saying they did have a ton of demand for the Sprint version, I was just using them as an example. It is entirely possible there was a big demand for the T-Mobile version. After all, $499 off contract isn't bad compared to an HTC One, S4, iPhone 5 or Note 3. It is also possible that some colors (either back plate or accent) may have longer ship times due to unexpected demand.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

just bad luck.. most people are getting the device in 2-3 days, I think thats a good thing

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would call them. I called them about mine because it said it was supposed to be delivered today but that it hadn't shipped yet, and that didn't add up. Turns out there was something in their system that needed fixed and now we are back on track.

dnva75

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Definitely call them. There seems to be some issue between the manufacturing side and the carrier activation side of the process. With mine the manufacturing was done but saying it couldn't be activated. The activation side said everything was fine. Today I get a call from the manufacturing side asking if I had talked to the Activation Department. They wanted to confirm that they said everything was okay. Not sure why they are not talking.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It could be color scheme selection too. Maybe they are making runs of specific colors on specific days and the color you ordered is out of stock.

I ordered mine yesterday (Saturday) I wouldn't expect movement until Monday. The website estimated it'd be "in stock" Friday the 22nd. Maybe it's an influx of Verizon orders with the current $50 off deal? Maybe it's the orange and blue color combination? Maybe it's the custom engraving? I'm not sure, but personally, I'm fine if it takes a week since deep down inside, I'm holding hope for wood backs. ;p

Posted via Android Central App

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Location. Location. Location.

People in Texas and nearly directly sided states are going to receive theirs much sooner simply because they are geographically closer to the site of the OEM.

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Location. Location. Location.

People I'm Texas and nearly directly sided states are going to receive theirs much sooner simply because they are geographically closer to the site of the OEM.

I don't think mailing is an issue because I got my custom in 26 hours and I live in boston

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Not exactly how on topic, how are you guys liking the customs? The back felt different from the standard woven to me. Is it more slippery? I have a chance to return my black woven for a custom and am not quite sure if I should do it. TIA.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly how on topic, how are you guys liking the customs? The back felt different from the standard woven to me. Is it more slippery? I have a chance to return my black woven for a custom and am not quite sure if I should do it. TIA.

very slippery. I wouldn't recommend one of the smooth backs without a case. It's hard to describe why or how it's so slippery but seriously, it can be hard to grip in certain positions. I have the turquoise and for sure i will not be using it without a case.The stardard black very is really nice looking, i had it and wouldn't be sad if my color one all the sudden turned back to black, even though i do like my colors.

(just to clarify, i only mean the smooth backs, which is what the lighter colors have). : )

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
very slippery. I wouldn't recommend one of the smooth backs without a case. It's hard to describe why or how it's so slippery but seriously, it can be hard to grip in certain positions. I have the turquoise and for sure i will not be using it without a case.The stardard black very is really nice looking, i had it and wouldn't be sad if my color one all the sudden turned back to black, even though i do like my colors.
Really? I haven't had much problem with my navy blue back... but than again I use the dimple alot to hold the phone.. it takes a bit to get accustomed to how to hold the phone. However, once you get the form factored down it feels pretty dang good in the hand.

lisainsf

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Really? I haven't had much problem with my navy blue back... but than again I use the dimple alot to hold the phone.. it takes a bit to get accustomed to how to hold the phone. However, once you get the form factored down it feels pretty dang good in the hand.

I have the olive back and small hands and do not find it slippery at all..This is the first phone I have not wanted to get a case with

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Only the smooth backs. The darker colors have soft touch. Navy, Olive, Royal, Crimson, Cabernet. : ). Those are not slippery.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I took the plunge and ordered mine last night, 32gb on sprint. I got the black weave which I understand is a soft touch back. Their estimation when I should have it is this Friday the 22nd. I did receive an email this morning that they are in process of building it. Don't know if maybe I'll receive it sooner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1