Why are some of you getting your custom moto x in 2 days?

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My order is due today and it has not shipped. Maybe I need to call them. Going out of town for a week on Friday. Really need it delivered before then.

lousvette

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So are you guys saying if its not one of the original black or white phones the back is not a woven back. If so I did not realize that

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My order due today as well, but site still indicates my X hasn't shipped. I realize they may have been slammed with orders because of the Verizon discount, so I will wait until end of day tomorrow before calling if I receive no movement in my order by then.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So are you guys saying if its not one of the original black or white phones the back is not a woven back. If so I did not realize that

You can see the texture on the back on Moto Maker but there is only white or black woven.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So the backs of the other colors (besides the balck & white woven) are slippery plastic?

I would suggest going into any local retail store that has a display and hold the phones for yourself. I was skeptical myself until I went to store and played with them. My woven back will slip if laid on my legs. Idt any of them are slip resistant. But once you get oriented to the dimple it is much easier to use phone.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
So the backs of the other colors (besides the balck & white woven) are slippery plastic?
My local best buy has a display with the two you can buy in the store then all the backs you can get on motomaker. None of them are hard slippery plastic. They were all a soft touch, but did not feel the same.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sort of curious now. With KitKat hitting the VZW Moto X right now, I wonder if they're holding back to get the updated software installed before shipping. It'd kind of be annoying to get your phone, boot it up only have a massive update to take before you can set the thing up. Not exactly "seemless" by the average person's standards.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sort of curious now. With KitKat hitting the VZW Moto X right now, I wonder if they're holding back to get the updated software installed before shipping. It'd kind of be annoying to get your phone, boot it up only have a massive update to take before you can set the thing up. Not exactly "seemless" by the average person's standards.

We already had to update camera out of box. At least you'd update and be done. Not have to wait.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I ordered my 32gb x through moto maker late Saturday night. Just got an email from FedEx that I have a package from Motorola being overnighted to me and will be here tomorrow. Motos estimate was Friday but pleasantly surprised I'm getting it two days earlier than the estimate.

Posted via Android Central App

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
We already had to update camera out of box. At least you'd update and be done. Not have to wait.

True, but an OS update is larger and stands more of a chance of bricking your customer's phones. If it's a large roll out, I'd imagine it's in a manufacturer's best interest to hold stock for a few days, implement an update, and then send trouble-free devices out. Granted, I know NOTHING about the business.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered my 32gb x through moto maker late Saturday night. Just got an email from FedEx that I have a package from Motorola being overnighted to me and will be here tomorrow. Motos estimate was Friday but pleasantly surprised I'm getting it two days earlier than the estimate.

Posted via Android Central App

I ordered mine on Friday and it was supposed to be here today. Contacted Moto and they said it would be until Friday. Sucks I live 10 miles from Fort Worth. Still nothing from FedEx.

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine was supposed to be here today, too. Contacted Motorola and they told me my X was packed up and in their warehouse waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Got a case number in the event my X does not show up soon.

Sent from somewhere

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine sunday? My device was assembled more than 60 hours ago but with no shipment notifyer yet. Fed Ex dosent reach me usually till 5pm and my date is the 22. I have to go that day and I'm hoping by some miracle I get it even just a hour sooner before I leave.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine sunday? My device was assembled more than 60 hours ago but with no shipment notifyer yet. Fed Ex dosent reach me usually till 5pm and my date is the 22. I have to go that day and I'm hoping by some miracle I get it even just a hour sooner before I leave.
Did you have any engraving? What carrier? I ordered mine (Verizon) on Saturday. I got two emails on Saturday. The first was my order confirmation and my "You Built It" email. About 4.5 hours later I got another email saying, "We're Assembling It". That's been it. I assume that the "hold up" is custom engraving. My estimated delivery date is the 22nd as well.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you have any engraving? What carrier? I ordered mine (Verizon) on Saturday. I got two emails on Saturday. The first was my order confirmation and my "You Built It" email. About 4.5 hours later I got another email saying, "We're Assembling It". That's been it. I assume that the "hold up" is custom engraving. My estimated delivery date is the 22nd as well.

Verizon and yes to engraving. I didn't need it, I just thought it would be fun. (I don't sell my devices). So I guess thats the hold up. Grrr. :/

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
After speaking with them yesterday it sounds like all orders are going to take longer. Mine was due yesterday and still has not shipped.
Do you have a FedEx account? If not sign up and then you can let them know you are out of town on certain dates. So they know not to leave it on your door step for a week. Also you may be able to just have them keep it at their hub so you can pick it up yourself Friday. Another thing to think about is these all go out FedEx overnight delivery. Overnight arrives by 10:30 the next day in most areas.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting that Moto still hasn't updated my order to shipped yet my fedex account shows the package is in my town and set to be delivered to me today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad