Why are some of you getting your custom moto x in 2 days?

Lunkman23

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I ordered/received mine last week, and came as expected (in 4 days)- ordered Monday night got it Friday...worth noting is that I didn't get a tracking number until the day it was delivered. It apparently left Texas Thursday afternoon, which I learned as I woke up to a tracking number in my Inbox Friday morning, and the phone was in my hands before noon- so hopefully the same happens for all of you..

...and trust me, it's worth the wait!!

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting that Moto still hasn't updated my order to shipped yet my fedex account shows the package is in my town and set to be delivered to me today.

The same for me! I created an account on FedEx and guess what? My phone is in town and on a truck for delivery. Yet when I chatted with Motorola again this morning they said the phone had not shipped! Motorola needs to get their act together. It's embarrassing that they don't know what is going on.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got the email that mine shipped, went and checked the tracking number and it's on the truck for delivery. Freak' in unbelievably awesome. That's a full 2 business days early. I'll take it! :D

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got the email that mine shipped, went and checked the tracking number and it's on the truck for delivery. Freak' in unbelievably awesome. That's a full 2 business days early. I'll take it! :D
Well I have no e-mail on this but my FedEx account now says they have shipment info and will deliver it tomorrow. Mine was supposed to deliver on Tuesday. Point is you stole my 2 days! LOL. Oh well at least I know it will be here before I go on vacation.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Same with mine, 2 days earlier than estimated. Fedex dropped mine off about 2 hours ago but I'm still at work so I have to wait until tonight to play.

There was a 4 minute difference from the email from moto letting me know it shipped and fedex delivering it to my door. Moto is a little slow with the shipping notices :)

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, looking at how mine was shipped, it went out last night @ 19:30 and was overnighted. I'm sure the side of Motorola that does the actual shipping is separate from the side of Motorola that updates user's accounts. I mean, the thing was on the truck for delivery this morning before people were probably in their offices. Crazy.

Knowing all that though, I'll give them a pass because my entire purchasing experience thus far has royally surprised me.

Posted via Android Central App

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried talking to Motorola to see whats the deal. But since I went with my StepDads name (which just popped in automatically), for the order (but my name on the moto account o_O) they won't talk to me about my phone. maybe just say I'm my dad? lol.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Side note, I thought these things are suppose to be delivered requiring signature? Mine was not. Instead is sitting on the front steps of my apartment with a dozen people walking by. Seriously, FedEx?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Side note, I thought these things are suppose to be delivered requiring signature? Mine was not. Instead is sitting on the front steps of my apartment with a dozen people walking by. Seriously, FedEx?

Not good. I have a SFH but still i hope im there to recieve it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you imagine replacing a custom phone that is subsidized because some lazy goober delivery guy can't use a little brain power? All deliveries to an apartment complex should go to the office.

Now I'm paranoid. LOL

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you imagine replacing a custom phone that is subsidized because some lazy goober delivery guy can't use a little brain power? All deliveries to an apartment complex should go to the office.

Now I'm paranoid. LOL

Seriously. My phone was delivered to the rental office, as it should be.

Sent from somewhere

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, got my X and a pair of in-ear headphones today. Unfortunately, Motorola shipped the wrong color headphones. I ordered royal blue and they sent me olive green. No big deal, a phone call to Motorola solved the issue. They are sending me the right color. Can you imagine if the PHONE was different than what I ordered? Thankfully, the phone was assembled exactly as I ordered it, right down to the signature, boot screen greeting and wallpaper.

BTW, no sooner had I activated my phone, the Kit Kat update started to download! 10 minutes later and I am running 4.4. Never got a chance to experience Jelly Bean. :D

Sent from somewhere

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
All ended up well with mine. KitKat runs freaking awesome. Zero issues. For fun, I tried Moto Migrate. It took a while since I had a ton of stuff on my GNex, but over all, it worked really well. I'm impressed!

Solid hardware, Solid device, and it looks like the newest batches have really good screens. I think I'm gonna like this thing.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I went into Best buy on Saturday evening and purchased a 32gb AT&T MotoMaker card. Sunday morning I went to the MM website designed my Moto X and received the email confirmation with an estimated delivery on Friday 11/22. About 11am I received email stating that it was being assembled. On Wednesday (11/20 @ 11:08 am), I received the email from Motorola that it was being shipped by FedEx. It was delivered to my door at 12:34 pm (before I had read the shipping email). It may be relevant that I live in Memphis which is the hub for FedEx.

vmaxed

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine is supposed to be here Friday I Ordered it Sunday night,got a email saying it's out for delivery today :cool:

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Seriously. My phone was delivered to the rental office, as it should be.

Sent from somewhere
Mine seems to be shipped signature required. Leaving it at my doorstep would not be an issue but that would delay it another day. I just requested it get held at my local FedEx so I can just pick it up today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc