Why are some of you getting your custom moto x in 2 days?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Motorola has been no help at all. But we tried that Fed-Ex site and got a text saying it'll be here tonight with overnight shipping (is that normal for Moto, or is that just because of me pushing them?). So were putting it on hold so we can pick it up in the morning since were last on route.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine Monday night. Bit Email one "you designed it" then second email late Tuesday. Thought it would be delivered today, as promised, but just got email saying they're busy and running behind and it SHOULD ship in the next day or so. Very disappointed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine on Monday night. Just got delivered. Haven't checked to see if it has 4.4 loaded or not.

edit: Came with 4.2.2. Instantly upgraded software when I turned it on. Gonna factory reset and run Migrate.

Last edited:

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine on Monday night. Just got delivered. Haven't checked to see if it has 4.4 loaded or not.

edit: Came with 4.2.2. Instantly upgraded software when I turned it on. Gonna factory reset and run Migrate.

I'm jealous!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
For those that FedEx alerted them to delivery, How did you set that up? I haven't found the setting to set that up.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For those that FedEx alerted them to delivery, How did you set that up? I haven't found the setting to set that up.

In your email there should be a tracking number. Takes you to FedEx site which has delivery options, notifications there.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine Monday night. Bit Email one "you designed it" then second email late Tuesday. Thought it would be delivered today, as promised, but just got email saying they're busy and running behind and it SHOULD ship in the next day or so. Very disappointed!

Update: this morning's email says it's shipped and I should have it today! I'm so excited!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
In your email there should be a tracking number. Takes you to FedEx site which has delivery options, notifications there.

I know that. Some have set it up to where FedEx told them they were expecting a delivery before Motorola did

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

After I setup my FedEx account there was an option to notify me when FedEx receives a package to be delivered to me. They sent me an email with all the info about the package including the tracking number.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...w.fedex.com%2Fus%2Fdelivery%2F&token=he9Mnr4R

Posted via Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
After I setup my FedEx account there was an option to notify me when FedEx receives a package to be delivered to me. They sent me an email with all the info about the package including the tracking number.

Do you remember where on the site it was?

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you remember where on the site it was?

Go to FedEx.com.
find where it days log in.
Click on that and you should see something that says regester under log in
Go through that process and it will set you up to know when a package is being shipped to your house.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, it was finally delivered today. But without my personalized "signature". Have been on phone with Motorola off and on. I can return thus one and they'll correct it as soon as they get this one back. OR they'll bill my credit card again, start building new one now and credit me when they receive this one back. I agreed to that, got special pin to use on Moto maker as replacement. Logged on and they want to bill my card $499.99. Called them back, they won't budge, even tho its their mistake and I only already paid $99.99. Thing is, if I ship it back FedEx, won't go out until Monday evening. With holiday next week, the whole thing will be delayed even more. My husband says its too much of a hassle for a silly signature. Its the principle of it. What do you all think?

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I personally agree, but at the same time its your phone and you weren't given what you were promised. If it is that important to you, just send your phone back and then create a new one.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

lisainsf

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, it was finally delivered today. But without my personalized "signature". Have been on phone with Motorola off and on. I can return thus one and they'll correct it as soon as they get this one back. OR they'll bill my credit card again, start building new one now and credit me when they receive this one back. I agreed to that, got special pin to use on Moto maker as replacement. Logged on and they want to bill my card $499.99. Called them back, they won't budge, even tho its their mistake and I only already paid $99.99. Thing is, if I ship it back FedEx, won't go out until Monday evening. With holiday next week, the whole thing will be delayed even more. My husband says its too much of a hassle for a silly signature. Its the principle of it. What do you all think?

if the signature is not that big of a deal then maybe keep it and get them to throw in some free accessories?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Siggy as in the thing that says "Hi [name]" in the beginning? I have the siggy, it's so small, on for so short a time (at the very beginning of reboot), and i so rarely shut down and restart my phone, if it all the sudden it dissapeared it would so seriously be something i wouldn't give more than a second or 2 of thought.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Siggy as in the thing that says "Hi [name]" in the beginning? I have the siggy, it's so small, on for so short a time (at the very beginning of reboot), and i so rarely shut down and restart my phone, if it all the sudden it dissapeared it would so seriously be something i wouldn't give more than a second or 2 of thought.

No. Signature on the back " ------'s ----- X". Silly, I know.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
No. Signature on the back " ------'s ----- X". Silly, I know.

Ah. Not silly if you want it. Some people's weren't really great though, but worth the extra wait time since it'll be your phone for a coupla years.

fuse1988

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I literally received my custom made Moto X for Verizon within 2 days! I was pleasantly surprised at the turn around and at the quality build of the device. The colors were a bit darker than I was expecting, but I really can't complain at how great this device is.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting on mine to be delivered today so I can send back my current X to be fixed. BB screwed up salr so it messed with activation.