Motorola warranty

steve41015

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the warranty? $90 seems like a no brainer but not if the service is crazy. I am usually a little rough on my phone and typically use Sprint's service at least twice in the 2 year agreement

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I did not buy it but wish I had. I used a credit I had with square trade so my phone is covered but that moto care looks pretty good.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the warranty? $90 seems like a no brainer but not if the service is crazy. I am usually a little rough on my phone and typically use Sprint's service at least twice in the 2 year agreement

thats a good deal considering that it has Accidental damage and extended mechanical coverage for 2 years.

i would say get it

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Can you get it on a Verizon Moto X now? I know you couldn't prior to MotoMaker, but didn't know if things changed now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing you lose by going with Motorola is lost & stolen coverage. If that's a concern, Asurion might still be worth looking at, but IMO Motorola is significantly better. I just wish it was an option on Verizon.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The only thing you lose by going with Motorola is lost & stolen coverage. If that's a concern, Asurion might still be worth looking at, but IMO Motorola is significantly better. I just wish it was an option on Verizon.

So it's definitely not an option on Verizon?

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

zParticle

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Why wouldn't it be an option on Verizon? Motorola's just covering the physical phone; I suppose they have to be able to reactivate if for you but this doesn't seem to be a problem for other carriers.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Man that totally sucks. I would gladly pay for that. I hate Verizon for the little things they do like this.

I just ordered one and glad I did. $50 is $50. Then looked for the Moto Care Extended Warranty and it didn't exist. Chated with about 3 different people on Moto's site and they just told me "go see Verizon".
Agree with ya Wildo6882. Used Amex so at least got 1 extra year out of them.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Good news thanks to this thread. I ordered my Moto X on Oct 25 so I was able to buy the 2 year moto care coverage for 85! Cancelled my square trade and got a $135 refund!

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So it's definitely not an option on Verizon?

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

I think Verizon pretty much wants to rope everyone into their $10/month insurance. In all reality, insurance is a rip off in the long run. I've never purchased insurance and I've had some form of "smart" phone for almost 8 years now. If I had purchased insurance for all of them, at $10/month, I'd have spent a few dollars short of $1000 on insurance that I wouldn't have used once (not to mention the $50 or whatever you still spend to get a replacement in addition to the insurance "premium"). I've never found it difficult to take care of devices and mathematically, the day I crush one and have to pay full retail for a replacement is still a day I come out on top. Mathematically, I have crushing 2 devices before I reach the even mark.

Take care of your devices people! ;)

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Also, bear in mind that it's like buying an extended warranty on something from Worst Buy. They offer it because it's essentially pure profit. If it didn't profit them, they wouldn't offer it. It's not like buying a device that profits them and you, in this case, it's something that only profits them.

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I almost never buy insurance on my electronics - including cell phones. So, I am basically self-insuring things by keeping my money in my wallet. You win some you loose some, but I figure that through the years, I am WAAAAYYY ahead by not purchasing all these extended warranties. In this case, I figure, if my MotoX were to die in the next 2 years, I will just purchase the Nexus5 for $350. If you are the type that takes comfort in extended warranties, the one from Motorola seems like a better deal than getting the monthly insurance from your cell phone company though.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
but how do you add it? I see no way to register a device you have just bought

I couldn't fine one either. I linked with live Chat and asked if Republic Wireless phones were eligible to purchase it and CR rep said he didn't think so. Only took a minutes to connect with Chat CR Rep.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Also, bear in mind that it's like buying an extended warranty on something from Worst Buy. They offer it because it's essentially pure profit. If it didn't profit them, they wouldn't offer it. It's not like buying a device that profits them and you, in this case, it's something that only profits them.

Dropped my moto 6 weeks after i bought it and screen cracked. Woulda cost me $175 to fix (didn't have to though, cuz moto lost it and paid for a new phone). One drop. The $80 is a great price for 2 years, and a very low $40 deductible. I see people walking around with cracked samsungs all the time. I can't be doing that. lol. although i know it's $120 total for of 1 drop, so it's pretty close to full price of a drop, i have so little faith in the build of phones now, that i can imagine it happening more than once. BB is expensive but i did get it for my dvd player cuz reviews kept saying it died after a certain amount of time, and the cost of the insurance was quite low. On occasion insurance is worth it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci