These moto maker ads are and have been all over TV for awhile now but they are all the same. They all have a heavy emphasis on customizing the outside of the phone which I get is a large part of the Moto X.

I'm waiting for a commercial or ad that points more towards the phone usage experience and the fact it runs stock android without any obstructions and that it works supremely well at every damn thing you can throw at it. The outside of a phone is what you hold, what's in the device is what you are using every day for hours a time for years. I feel they should push this ridiculously awesome usage end of the phone more in advertising, not just the moto maker.

-Moto X-
    11-17-2013 10:38 PM
    Unfortunately, for some, image is everything.
    11-17-2013 10:41 PM
    These moto maker ads are and have been all over TV for awhile now but they are all the same. They all have a heavy emphasis on customizing the outside of the phone which I get is a large part of the Moto X.

I'm waiting for a commercial or ad that points more towards the phone usage experience and the fact it runs stock android without any obstructions and that it works supremely well at every damn thing you can throw at it. The outside of a phone is what you hold, what's in the device is what you are using every day for hours a time for years. I feel they should push this ridiculously awesome usage end of the phone more in advertising, not just the moto maker.

-Moto X-
    average consumers don't really care about what's inside(spec/pure Android) especially in US. they just see ads and buy the phone.
    pure Android is something that Android geeks look for...

if you have said they didnt highlight active notification and always ON voice then i agree but the ads do show them..

BUT, having said all that, i would like to see Moto making fun of samsung's laggy touchwiz
    11-17-2013 10:47 PM
    Yeah, I don't get why they don't feature the camera flick or touchless, they're both so cool, useful, and no other phone has it. I'm sure Google knows what they're doing but I'm so confused. All I ever see is the spinning colors. Makes the phone look like some random phone that comes in colors.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2013 10:56 PM
    Yeah, I don't get why they don't feature the camera flick or touchless, they're both so cool, useful, and no other phone has it. I'm sure Google knows what they're doing but I'm so confused. All I ever see is the spinning colors. Makes the phone look like some random phone that comes in colors.

The ads prior pushed Touchless Control.

11-17-2013 11:22 PM

-Moto X-
    "Stock" Android isn't a selling point for the masses.

11-17-2013 11:23 PM

grooks likes this.
    11-17-2013 11:25 PM
    I saw all those lazy phone ads but they were short lived and are gone. The Moto maker ones on now are lame

-Moto X-
    11-17-2013 11:31 PM
    I'm waiting for a commercial or ad that points more towards the phone usage experience and the fact it runs stock android without any obstructions
    That means absolutely nothing to most people.
    11-17-2013 11:47 PM
    I saw all those lazy phone ads but they were short lived and are gone. The Moto maker ones on now are lame

-Moto X-
    They seemed like a direct knock-off of the guy in the insurance commercial, they mayhem guy. Forgot what company, but...

did those lazy phone ads actually play on tv? they kinda scared me. lol. I prefered the guy rolling over telling his phone that he needed coffee.
    11-17-2013 11:49 PM
    Loved the lazy phone commercials. And yea, they were on TV pretty frequently about a month ago.
    11-18-2013 04:45 AM
    They had the lazy phone ones. I love the one where he got bedazzled. (the guy playing the phone is in Sullivan and son on TBS) but they also had one where a mother was trying to get pic of a play and the daughter pulled her phone out, did the flick and told her she had it

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-18-2013 08:24 AM