Let me just say that I received my custom Moto X on Friday, so I haven't had it for very long. I came from a GNex and have been blown away by this phone. The active display and touchless controls have impressed me a lot and have made this phone a joy to use. But just now I was messing with my phone when all of a sudden an orange hat danced across my onscreen buttons at the bottom of the screen. I tried tapping it but it didn't do anything (I must have missed the first time) so I was extremely confused. Then all of a sudden one of my roommates came into my room and asked what I was up to and I explained how I was trying to figure out what it did or why it was there. He asked if I tried touching it and I said yeah it doesn't do anything though. I tried again and then the hat flow up into the middle of the screen, got larger, and the screen morphed into an animated short (I now know it was the "Windy Day" short and how Motorola works with artists to create them). Anyway, it was so detailed and the way you can move your phone to look around the 3D environment of the short was incredible. It all worked seamlessly and me and my roommate were absolutely stunned. This is such an understated feature of this phone that I had no idea about and having experienced it in the way that I did made it all the better. I have to say, I think this is now my new favorite feature of this phone. It's just such a unique and awesome idea that's executed perfectly. I'm looking forward to the next item that may dance across my screen at any given time. Color me impressed.

TL;DR - Motorola Spotlight is absolutely awesome.
    11-17-2013 11:10 PM
    I was in bed yesterday morning around 8:30am when I saw a little hat fly across my screen lol It was a fun little game/short but I can easily see people hating it and uninstalling the app. Me? I'll keep it and see where the stories go.
    11-17-2013 11:32 PM
    Yeah I agree, I can definitely see people hating it and uninstalling it. But I'm with you, I'm looking forward to the next stories that are yet to come
    11-17-2013 11:35 PM
    This phone rocks... idk how many times I played that short (the story is a little different each time); one time in particular I was scaring the turtle each time I looked at him. The main story seems the same though, but I hope we get more shorts soon. Love it

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2013 11:45 PM
    My autistic six year old plays it non stop.

Posted via Android Central App
    dj ozone likes this.
    11-18-2013 12:32 AM