True bedside mode question Help needed

madisonjar

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay I LOVE this phone, I got a lg g2 and a moto x and kept the x...anyways one thing I need because of my job is this. A way to turn off all Notifications AND allow calls from ANY number including ones that arent contacts. I deal with alarm companies and need to be able to respond to calls that come in from different numbers (ones I dont even know). I am struggling because there is no way to seperate out the notification and ringtone volume that I can see. I need help from someone who has actually done this and can walk me through it at a kindergarten level, thanks all!

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay I LOVE this phone, I got a lg g2 and a moto x and kept the x...anyways one thing I need because of my job is this. A way to turn off all Notifications AND allow calls from ANY number including ones that arent contacts. I deal with alarm companies and need to be able to respond to calls that come in from different numbers (ones I dont even know). I am struggling because there is no way to seperate out the notification and ringtone volume that I can see. I need help from someone who has actually done this and can walk me through it at a kindergarten level, thanks all!

I've been researching the same thing, I need to receive emergency calls overnight but don't want notifications disturbing me or the wife.

Right now, it does not look like there's a perfect solution because the two volumes are tied together in recent versions of android. Others have suggested using an audio profile manager that changes your notification sounds to a silent .mp3, which is an option but apparently quite a pain and doesn't let you do as much customization on the normal sounds as some would like.

Someone suggested Volume Butler for this purpose, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Some of the screens indicate it can split the volumes but that may or may not actually work.

madisonjar

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy to say I have the exact app you're looking for. I have it set to only vibrate or make a noise when a phone call comes in. Any other notification is muted. It's the only app in the Play Store that actually worked for me. Other ones would allow it to still vibrate if I got a text or something.

Here you go: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.nightskeeper&token=r3P_Fzqj

Posted via Android Central App