QUESTION : Syncing Google Account

doitlarge

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Having been away from Android for quite sometime I'm not quite sure how everything syncs these days. I ordered my new Moto X last night and was wondering when I receive it and log-in to my google account, will all my old apps from previous phones years ago (all the apps that are listed under "My Apps" on google play) automatically begin syncing? I would like to make sure that does not happen.

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It will ask you if you want to do that. Just pay close attention and uncheck the box that says to sync apps.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Having been away from Android for quite sometime I'm not quite sure how everything syncs these days. I ordered my new Moto X last night and was wondering when I receive it and log-in to my google account, will all my old apps from previous phones years ago (all the apps that are listed under "My Apps" on google play) automatically begin syncing? I would like to make sure that does not happen.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe right after you sign in it asks if you want to sync/backup automatically from Google servers. It is checked by default, but if you turn that off you'll be OK.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.
if its more than a year all those backup would be deleted by Google. to verify go here https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard and check under Android.
if there is no data under ur old device, its deleted.

also like said above you can uncheck that settings when you login.

there will be two settings 1. To backup all phone settings(which i recommend doing it) 2. to restore from backup(this is what u have to uncheck)

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I had to install all the apps manually.
I didn't really mind. It gave me one last chance to reconsider bloating up my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy