I need some help guys, Keep my Nexus 5 or jump to a Moto X

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This is the 1st time I've ever not known what to do with phone choice, I was never really interested in the Moto X until I used the "OK Google" feature on my N5, I love it, it makes my day so much easier and safer, but I know the Moto X takes it further by listening when the screen is off.

I've never even held a Moto X but I really want to try it but I'm worried its gonna lag behind my Nexus 5, I know nobody can tell me what to do, but I'm looking for opinions from you guys, Jerry's Vs was informative but still left me undecided

Here's what I love about my Nexus 5:
The screen, I really like how sharp it is, I'm worries the Moto X might look mudded compared.

Vanilla Android, I'm not much of a skin person, seems the Moto X is almost vanilla also.

Build quality, I think the Nexus 5 is well built and feels well.

Speed, the Nexus 5 is fast.... At everything, worried if I see a noticeable difference with the X, I'm not into benchmarks, I'm into everyday life marks lol

Thanks people :)

Posted via Android Central App

For me it came down to a carrier locked bootloader. I thought I could deal with it and if there was ever a carrier phone that was almost perfect out of the box it would be the moto x, but at the end of the day it's my phone and I enjoy having the ability to experiment and flash custom Roms. I went from the x to the n5 and have no regrets.

Now if I was a completely stock user who didn't root I would have stuck with the x. It depends on if you like to tinker. If you do I'd recommend sticking with the n5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The two are somewhat similar in features, but the Moto X is a little smaller (close to an iPhone 5), keep the Nexus 5.

Why not read the article Jerry wrote on this EXACT topic? Instead of asking a bunch of biased people that already have the Moto X?
There were a couple nagging points in that article about the comparison, the camera was the biggest one- his Moto X HDR picture looks nothing like the ones on my Moto X, he was obviously doing something wrong. His article could've been better, especially with the proof reading from the editor (if they have one?).

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
This is the 1st time I've ever not known what to do with phone choice

I own both the N5 and the Moto X. Both are awesome. I'm keeping both.

If I could only have one, I'd probably take the X. The N5 is just too big for me to comfortably use one handed. And since the X runs a basically vanilla version of android, and by all accounts is getting KitKat very soon, it wins the day for me.

Believe it or not the only thing I really prefer on the N5 is the notification LED. Yep, I prefer that to active notifications... Call me crazy :p

Sent from my XT1053

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Did I read right? You've had 20 phones since June? If so, why the heck do you care so much how the X is?? Just buy it like a jug of milk like you usually do. You'll just get another next week. Sheesh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Did I read right? You've had 20 phones since June? If so, why the heck do you care so much how the X is?? Just buy it like a jug of milk like you usually do. You'll just get another next week. Sheesh

Oh i`m sorry, but i was always of the opinion that being in a room with people that use a certain item it was always good to ask questions, i mean after all isn't that what a forum is about, to discuss the topics at hand and give your views, to read others opinions and build yourself a better idea of whatever your looking for? just because i go through phones like no tomorrow doesn't mean i cannot ask the informed what they think

Sheesh

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I`ve decided to keep my N5 for now... and also buy the Moto X lol, its not the 1st time i will have had 2 phones, thanks you guys for all your opinions, i still couldn't make a choice so i bit the bullet and decided to just order the Moto X

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
What youre looking for for a couple weeks? Lol most people are asking because it is to be their phone for at least a year. Just dont understand your concern if you know you probably wont be keeping it thats all. I guess the other 10 threads on the same topic were not enough for you. Some just want attention apparently. .

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What youre looking for for a couple weeks? Lol most people are asking because it is to be their phone for at least a year. Just dont understand your concern if you know you probably wont be keeping it thats all. I guess the other 10 threads on the same topic were not enough for you. Some just want attention apparently. .

What is your problem? everyone else gives an opinion.... you just moan, if your not interested then get out of the thread, if anyone is looking for attention its you coming in here crying about it, you are the one that decided to read here, you are the one that decided you would spill your mind and you are the one that decided to have a moan about it, go do something that interest`s you if this doesnt, i just dont get some people at times "i dont like this thread, so im gonna take time to read it, then be sarcastic, then moan about", save your time and move on to something you might actually enjoy instead of moaning about something that you dont, remember.... you didnt have to look here, anyways enough of of that.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I was with you until you said you change phones like underwear. With that in mind, the thread makes no sense to me, especially with all the other exact same threads. I can post an opinion just like the next guy. Good luck with your next phone.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I`ve decided to keep my N5 for now... and also buy the Moto X lol, its not the 1st time i will have had 2 phones, thanks you guys for all your opinions, i still couldn't make a choice so i bit the bullet and decided to just order the Moto X

Welcome to the Nexus 5/Moto X dual owners club!

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

dacunto

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I had both phones. For me out came down to the moto x being more comfortable to hold.

But that's personal preference. Both are great phones. Can't go wrong either way

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This question on either the Moto X or the Nexus 5 is almost invalid to answer correctly. It completely is determined by what you do personally and what you want out of a phone. I can tell you all day how I love the my Moto X and how IMO it is the best phone and the android king but what I do on my Moto X you might never do on yours. As a consumer you should make an educated, inform decision and really determine what you are going to be using the phone for. That is the beauty of android. Choices!

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the Nexus 5/Moto X dual owners club!

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

There is a club!?!?! I need to join lol I have a Verizon Moto X that I use for Calls and Text and a Prepaid ATT GoPhone LTE sim in my Nexus 5 that I use for Data..Both these phones are so perfect that they are worth carrying around both at the same time lol

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
What is your problem? everyone else gives an opinion.... you just moan, if your not interested then get out of the thread, if anyone is looking for attention its you coming in here crying about it, you are the one that decided to read here, you are the one that decided you would spill your mind and you are the one that decided to have a moan about it, go do something that interest`s you if this doesnt, i just dont get some people at times "i dont like this thread, so im gonna take time to read it, then be sarcastic, then moan about", save your time and move on to something you might actually enjoy instead of moaning about something that you dont, remember.... you didnt have to look here, anyways enough of of that.

You're absolutely right. For some reason there are a few people here that love to slam those of us that like to change up devices regularly. Never mind that it's a damn tech forum, we should be able to talk about different devices without hearing crap from people who are a slave to keeping their phone until their carrier says it's time to get a new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This question on either the Moto X or the Nexus 5 is almost invalid to answer correctly. It completely is determined by what you do personally and what you want out of a phone. I can tell you all day how I love the my Moto X and how IMO it is the best phone and the android king but what I do on my Moto X you might never do on yours. As a consumer you should make an educated, inform decision and really determine what you are going to be using the phone for. That is the beauty of android. Choices!

+1. I have an N5 sitting in my bag and am meeting someone later today to sell. I bought the phone as a knee jerk reaction when it was launched b/c of the price and specs. But, the more I thought about it, I realized the X would be a better fit for me (small hands, better battery life, active display, poor eyesight = color contrast (AMOLED) more important than screen resolution). It would be hard to convince most people to let go of a phone w such killer specs and price for a lesser spec'd and more expensive phone.. but what matters is what works best for you.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
You're absolutely right. For some reason there are a few people here that love to slam those of us that like to change up devices regularly. Never mind that it's a damn tech forum, we should be able to talk about different devices without hearing crap from people who are a slave to keeping their phone until their carrier says it's time to get a new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Good job. But I can get a phone whenever I feel like it. Dont act all superior cause you buy cell phones often. Lol. And 20 since June is not "changing up regularly" imo. And my posts are just opinion. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 5

What makes you think you and your attitude are any better? You're referring to other people as slaves just because their priorities are different from yours.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If I had a Nexus 5, I wouldn't give it up for a Moto X.

I also wouldn't give up a Moto X for a Nexus 5 either.

If I didn't have either phone, it would be a tougher decision.

Just get a contract with Verizon. They make all the tough decisions for you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol