I need some help guys, Keep my Nexus 5 or jump to a Moto X

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What makes you think you and your attitude are any better? You're referring to other people as slaves just because their priorities are different from yours.

Posted via Android Central App

I change my devices often. ...and its still less that I'd spend on a nice Pug, gaming rig, motorcycle, 2nd car, or airplane. So, I have no qualms at all with being a silicon slave and will keep up with my sickness.

G Pad 8.3

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I change my devices often. ...and its still less that I'd spend on a nice Pug, gaming rig, motorcycle, 2nd car, or airplane. So, I have no qualms at all with being a silicon slave and will keep up with my sickness.

G Pad 8.3

I'm just as bad with tablets, just got my shipping info on an iPad mini retina, after returning an iPad air, while having a nexus 7, and already been through the G Pad and Kindle Fire HDX, next up is a Nexus 10 refresh if it i s real, I'm a geek, a tech geek and I'll never change

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm just as bad with tablets, just got my shipping info on an iPad mini retina, after returning an iPad air, while having a nexus 7, and already been through the G Pad and Kindle Fire HDX, next up is a Nexus 10 refresh if it i s real, I'm a geek, a tech geek and I'll never change

Nor should you ever want to. My hat's off to my fellow silicon slaves. Some folks just don't appreciate how much fun this is.

G Pad 8.3

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
+1. I have an N5 sitting in my bag and am meeting someone later today to sell. I bought the phone as a knee jerk reaction when it was launched b/c of the price and specs. But, the more I thought about it, I realized the X would be a better fit for me (small hands, better battery life, active display, poor eyesight = color contrast (AMOLED) more important than screen resolution). It would be hard to convince most people to let go of a phone w such killer specs and price for a lesser spec'd and more expensive phone.. but what matters is what works best for you.

Same here I bought one thinking if I did not get one then I would have to wait months to try it...I tried it but I love my Moto X that the nexus 5 barely comes out of the box. I am selling mine to somebody who can use it and appreciate it. It is times like this I like to sit back and enjoy that with android we have so many options and different devices. I would go crazy if I only had to choose from 1 device every year like some other cough*Apple*couch companies...lol

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have an s4 and I have been debating on trading it for the moto x. I thought about picking it up when I was switching to AT&T but I couldn't decide on which to get, so I stuck with the s4 that I had previously but there is still something intriguing about the Moto X.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

mweba

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have an s4 and I have been debating on trading it for the moto x. I thought about picking it up when I was switching to AT&T but I couldn't decide on which to get, so I stuck with the s4 that I had previously but there is still something intriguing about the Moto X.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Sold my S4 to get the X. Not once have I regretted it. To me the X is a better "everyday" phone. Comfortable, quick and a pleasure to use while on the road.... Which I am constantly. Funny enough, the S4 inability to fit in my carpenter pants side pocket was what pushed me into the X. Unlocked the bootloader, rooted and debloated it doesn't get much better.

Sent from muh 'Merican built phone.

Tech First

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Welp now Moto X is getting kitkat before the official OTA for the Nexus 4... Guess the whole nexus get update first idea is out the window. Gota say Motorola has been awesome at pushing updates out to the Moto X FAST.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Welp now Moto X is getting kitkat before the official OTA for the Nexus 4... Guess the whole nexus get update first idea is out the window. Gota say Motorola has been awesome at pushing updates out to the Moto X FAST.

If moto can keep up this speed with say, two more versions of android, I will be astounded (and thrilled).

Sent from my XT1053

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

My Moto X just litteraly got the kitkat update! It is amazing. It is a shame my wife is making me sell this phone due to my new nexus 5 for att. I am looking to get around $300 for this moto x it is the white one it is about 2 months old. Perfect condition. I just am shocked to see how the resell prices for them have gone down to around $300. It is such a great phone and now offically is running kitkat.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If moto can keep up this speed with say, two more versions of android, I will be astounded (and thrilled).

Sent from my XT1053

As far as I'm concerned Motorola is Google. Google is Motorola. Gooooogggaaaarrrooooolllllaaaa. Of course "Motorola" phones are getting updates quickly. Why should they get them any slower than a Nexus device. It's all in Google's house. Some seem to be surprised at this. No, it's just Google making sure their everyman brand is a little better than the competition in the updates aspect. No surprise to me there.

G Pad 8.3

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned Motorola is Google. Google is Motorola. Gooooogggaaaarrrooooolllllaaaa. Of course "Motorola" phones are getting updates quickly. Why should they get them any slower than a Nexus device. It's all in Google's house. Some seem to be surprised at this. No, it's just Google make sure their everyman brand is a little better than the competition in the updates aspect. No surprise to me there.

G Pad 8.3

Unfourtunally As much as I would love the Moto X to get 2 more updates the fact of the matter is by next summer the new Moto will be released...The Moto X will be over a year old..All the hype and praise will be shifted to the new device and this phone will be forgotten only to maybe get one more Major or even Minor update...I hate typing this but this is technology in 2013...This device will be a killer in 2013 which it is to be forgotten in 2014...the way of the world

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned Motorola is Google. Google is Motorola. Gooooogggaaaarrrooooolllllaaaa. Of course "Motorola" phones are getting updates quickly. Why should they get them any slower than a Nexus device. It's all in Google's house. Some seem to be surprised at this. No, it's just Google making sure their everyman brand is a little better than the competition in the updates aspect. No surprise to me there.

G Pad 8.3

You have to keep in mind though that the X was released late August and it never got 4.3.

That lingers in my mind a little bit, but this quick KitKat release mostly erases that bad memory.

Sent from my XT1053

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You have to keep in mind though that the X was released late August and it never got 4.3.

That lingers in my mind a little bit, but this quick KitKat release mostly erases that bad memory.

Sent from my XT1053

As you posted that I was just typing that....The X is on 4.2.2 when the S4 released months back was on 4.3..So that was upsetting me a tad bit..Luckily human memory favors the good memories so the Kitkat 20 days after being released is very satisfying.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
As you posted that I was just typing that....The X is on 4.2.2 when the S4 released months back was on 4.3..So that was upsetting me a tad bit..Luckily human memory favors the good memories so the Kitkat 20 days after being released is very satisfying.

That could be why the X skipped 4.3 altogether. They wanted to put the resources into it getting 4.4 in a quick-fast-and-in-a-hurry manner. I have a feeling that Motorola had more insight into 4.4's release than any of Google's other Android partners. Wanna put money on that?

G Pad 8.3

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

G Pad 8.3

It's surprising because of the supposed firewall between the two entities.

And that it went to Verizon models first.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That could be why the X skipped 4.3 altogether. They wanted to put the resources into it getting 4.4 in a quick-fast-and-in-a-hurry manner. I have a feeling that Motorola had more insight into 4.4's release than any of Google's other Android partners. Wanna put money on that?

G Pad 8.3

Fair enough. But in that view, who's to say that that they won't decide to skip 4.5 and go straight to 4.6?

Just making the point that one quick release--though no doubt awesome--doesn't guarantee that we will ever see another quick release, especially given the history of having skipped one release entirely!

Sent from my XT1053

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

G Pad 8.3

Oh yea without a doubt. I honestly would go as far as saying Motorola had the KitKat 4.4 code by early august....To get the update out this quick and not even worry about 4.3 meant that they had to be working on this a while...The quickest turn around I seen for an update from release at a normal pace was about 3 months. So Moto had to have it early on...Google wants to say Moto is on there own but I bet the android team is helping moto out...How else do you think the active notifications came to work so perfectly on 4.3? Moto def has the help of the Android Team