Dialer in VZW Moto X 4.4 update not showing nearby places?

djstarion

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So my mom's Moto X just received the update, and everything works great but for some reason her dialer isn't showing nearby places? It should usually say "Search Contacts & Nearby Places" but hers just says "Type a name or phone number". All of the Google location settings are on as far as I know and she has Google Now turned on.

Anyone else have the same issue?

eris72

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I am! I actually just posted my own thread on this, my bad. Same issue, location services are as they should be. Maybe its on google's end

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Actually I hate to complain, because in the past us Verizon users wouldn't even be discussing new updates untill they were 'old updates, but with the lack of the dialer and just having to preform a work around for Google Wallet to work.. I'm actually kinda bummed about the update (hopefully the wallet issue is because the one that's officially for the Moto X hasent updated yet?) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the least, but was really looking forward to the dialer :/ oh well

Viva LA Moto x :)

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Actually I hate to complain, because in the past us Verizon users wouldn't even be discussing new updates untill they were 'old updates, but with the lack of the dialer and just having to preform a work around for Google Wallet to work.. I'm actually kinda bummed about the update (hopefully the wallet issue is because the one that's officially for the Moto X hasent updated yet?) Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the least, but was really looking forward to the dialer :/ oh well

Viva LA Moto x :)

Posted via Android Central App

wallet issue is because Google haven't updated the app. hopefully soon

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Also noticed the launcher isn't updated. Widgets still in the app drawer.

google launcher is Nexus 5 exclusive at the moment but getting it is easy as installing an apk.

I know this feature is not there but can someone check the dialer app settings for "caller id by google"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae