Can I use another phone as a trusted bluetooth device?

tigerhoodz06

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I currently have two phones, my moto x and my blackberry work phone. I don't have any other little bluetooth device so since I have to always have both phones on me I was hoping I could use the blackberry. I paired the devices, set up the blackberry as a trusted bluetooth device but it's not stopping the lock screen from appearing. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same setup (personal x and work bb) and would like to do the same. I get them to pair, but the "trusted" feature doesn't seem to work. Can't get to work with the Bluetooth connection to my computer. The only things that have worked for me are my car, my jawbone headset, and a Bluetooth speaker (I.e. audio devices). The car is cool, but I don't really want to keep my phone hooked to my headset or speaker all the time.

Seems like a business opportunity for someone to make a small keychain fob that only serves as a trusted device. I don't want a speakerphone like the zomm.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe it has to maintain an active connection. The phones would be passive as they would only connect when told. There are some bluetooth key chains on eBay. They seem to work for others.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app