11-26-2013 04:29 PM
92 1234
tools
    anyone care to comment about immersion mode or google experience launcher?? where is this in 4.4? how do u use it?

The Google Experience Launcher is exclusive to the Nexus 5 for right now, but you can sideload the .apk and get it running. Motorola releases Android 4.4 KitKat update for Verizon Moto X | The Verge

As for the immersion mode, the framework is there in 4.4, but apps have to be coded to take advantage of it and I'm not sure many of them have yet.
    11-20-2013 09:43 AM
    What I did to have a fuller kit kat experience was download nova launcher beta (novalauncher.com/beta>install latest apk on phone). In the settings, you can change the icon theme, app drawer transparency, scroll indicator, folder background color, font, nav and notification bar transparency, and more. I got really confused about what was changed and what was not because I had the launcher installed before the update. It kind of seems like a half a**ed update, but an update is better than no update, so I'm grateful. I'm disappointed that the dialer app does not do business searches and I'm wondering if the business caller ID works. Also, the update seemed to override nova launchers icons, switching the dialer app icon back to the old version. I had to download kit kat HD in order to get the new dialer icon back. It's a little thing, but I like the new icon better. Also, I hope they update Motorola assist to support hangouts.

Sent from my Moto X
    The business caller ID does work. After the update I got a call from a random unknown number that had been calling me off and on for months. This time the name of the business the call was from showed up.
    Paisley and weksa like this.
    11-20-2013 09:54 AM
    Do you guys all have new Lock Screens? Mine is exactly the same....no camera icon....no album art when playing music on Google music. No change at all
    11-20-2013 10:54 AM
    Do you guys all have new Lock Screens? Mine is exactly the same....no camera icon....no album art when playing music on Google music. No change at all
    I've got the camera app and full album art with Google music

Posted via Android Central App
    11-20-2013 10:56 AM
    The update broke the dialer on my Son's phone. It crashes immediately upon opening. Has anyone heard of a problem similar to this? I've tried everything I can think of to get it running with no luck.

11-20-2013 11:11 AM
    Does the update force you to use your sms in hangouts. I'll be passed if so. If I wanted **** like that I would have Bought a Nexus
    This has always been optional. Even on the Nexus 5 you can use a separate SMS app for SMS if you want.
    DS1331 likes this.
    11-20-2013 11:57 AM
    It seems that music widgets no longer work with Android 4.4 Kit Kat on my Moto X. I do have widgets enabled in the security settings. Anybody else having this issue?

I've tried both Google Play Music and Pandora, I don't get a widget on my lockscreen when listening to either app.

I've rebooted, tried the default launcher (I use Nova launcher), tried force stopping the app... nothing works. Any ideas on how to fix this??
    11-20-2013 02:09 PM
    It seems that music widgets no longer work with Android 4.4 Kit Kat on my Moto X. I do have widgets enabled in the security settings. Anybody else having this issue?

I've tried both Google Play Music and Pandora, I don't get a widget on my lockscreen when listening to either app.

I've rebooted, tried the default launcher (I use Nova launcher), tried force stopping the app... nothing works. Any ideas on how to fix this??
    Mine are all working. I'm using the GEL launcher

11-20-2013 03:39 PM
    The business caller ID does work. After the update I got a call from a random unknown number that had been calling me off and on for months. This time the name of the business the call was from showed up.
    Factory reset the device.

11-20-2013 04:41 PM
    anyone care to comment about immersion mode or google experience launcher?? where is this in 4.4? how do u use it?
    Immersion mode works just fine. Open Google Play Books and open a book...the whole screen becomes filled just like on the Nexus 5.

11-20-2013 04:55 PM
    Could you guys post some screenshots please? Thanks!

11-20-2013 06:05 PM
    My phone takes much longer to charge since the update.
    11-20-2013 07:02 PM
    The update broke the dialer on my Son's phone. It crashes immediately upon opening. Has anyone heard of a problem similar to this? I've tried everything I can think of to get it running with no luck.

I think you should post this problem in the motorola's owner's forum at

https://forums.motorola.com/hives/a440c30711/summary

thejesse likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:43 PM

I think I read about a few people having this same problem and it was just an issue with the shortcut. Try deleting the shortcut from your dock, open the dialer app from the app drawer, then add the shortcut back to your dock. Hope that helps!

thejesse likes this.
    11-20-2013 10:26 PM
    Kit Kat broke voice search on Google Search for me. The microphone icon is now an outline and the search field used to say something like "Type or say "Ok Google". Now it doesn't.

Touchless control (Ok Google Now) still works to initiate actions and searches, but once I've done a search, I can't say Ok Google to continue the searching. I've checked that voice search is checked in settings. I also cleared the data and rebooted. Still doesn't work.
    I have also noticed this with mine...I even uninstalled and reinstalled Google Search and it still doesn't work.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Or noticing the same thing?
    11-20-2013 10:30 PM
    GEL does work on this device. You can sideload the .apk and your latest Google Search update supports it. Some icons are updated with it (camera and settings) while others are not (phone, google search, google settings).

I've noticed switching between GEL and Nova Prime Beta that there is a strange wallpaper resizing thing going on, that's easily fixable by just opening the wallpaper interface and then backing out of it, but still strange.
    11-21-2013 05:53 AM
    I have also noticed this with mine...I even uninstalled and reinstalled Google Search and it still doesn't work.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Or noticing the same thing?
    I would also like to know this since I can't get my working either. And I've ensured that English is the default language selected. But I've noticed that Offline speech recognition hasn't a probably recognizing that English is available and the latest language pack has been updated.
    11-21-2013 01:43 PM
    I would also like to know this since I can't get my working either. And I've ensured that English is the default language selected. But I've noticed that Offline speech recognition hasn't a probably recognizing that English is available and the latest language pack has been updated.
    I found the motorola manual for the moto x with the kit kat upgrade and this behavior is how it is described in the manual (i.e. they say tap the microphone in Google Now to do voice search). I suspect that they disabled it so it doesn't conflict with Touchless Control.
    SuperChargedJ likes this.
    11-21-2013 01:48 PM
    Try turning on location services. There's a long thread in Google Groups somewhere about Google Now (and OK Google) not working after Kitkat and it needs location services turned on and US English.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    11-21-2013 01:50 PM
    From Paul from Nexus in the thread I mentioned:

Here's the latest information I have:

This is not a hardware issue. There are several reasons you may not see Google Now which I'll outline below.

1. Double-check if Google Now is on
    It's possible you skipped turning on Google Now while you were initially setting up your device. See*this help center article*for instructions on activating Google Now.

2. Check Google Location Reporting
    Launch the Google Settings app and select Location, then look under Google Location Reporting. If this option isn't available to you then Google Location Services and Google Now are not offered in your geographic region.

3. Google Now may be disabled by your Google Apps administrator
    If you're using a Google Apps account your admin may not have activated Google Now. Please speak with your Google Apps administrator about activating Google Now.

4. Google Now isn't working with your Google Apps (free edition) account
    Some people in this thread have discovered that if their administrator toggles location services off and on again in the Google Apps administration control panel this clears up the problem on your device.

If none of the above scenarios apply to you, we'd appreciate it*if you would long-press in any open section of your home screen and then select Help & feedback >*Send feedback. When sending a feedback report it would be very helpful if you:
    Include a detailed description of the problem.
    Scroll to the bottom of the feedback tool and change the User Account setting from Anonymous to your email address.
    When you send feedback through that method it helps us gather all these sorts of reports in one place, as well as some data useful for us to diagnose issues such as this.
    ---
    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Nexus" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/googlepr...lc/unsubscribe.
    To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to nexus+unsubscribe@googleproductforums.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/a/googlepro...m/group/nexus/.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/googlepr...ductforums.com.
    -------------------

It's for Google Now mainly but maybe there's something here you can follow up with?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    11-21-2013 01:58 PM
    Lockscreen? My lockscreen is exactly the same and Motorola support is telling me that the new one is only for Nexus....I am thoroughly confused. Do you all have new ones?
    Thanks!
    11-21-2013 02:24 PM
    Anyone having issues having Motorola Assist activating the Meeting mode even when they have scheduled events in their calendars where they are shown busy?

11-21-2013 02:28 PM
    Lockscreen? My lockscreen is exactly the same and Motorola support is telling me that the new one is only for Nexus....I am thoroughly confused. Do you all have new ones?
    Thanks!

Go to 0:40
    11-21-2013 02:28 PM
    Thanks!
    I have the new one. Camera icon in the right hand bottom corner, New arrow in middle to swipe to google now

11-21-2013 02:29 PM
    Here's another thread for the OK Google always listening not working (and there's a new thread on AC too)

http://productforums.google.com/foru...us/xrj3wNunPfQ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    11-21-2013 02:53 PM
92 1234