11-26-2013 04:29 PM
92 1234
tools
    I have the new one. Camera icon in the right hand bottom corner, New arrow in middle to swipe to google now

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks..spoke to a level 2 support guy and he said nothing in the changelog about a lockscreen
    11-21-2013 02:56 PM
    Thanks..spoke to a level 2 support guy and he said nothing in the changelog about a lockscreen

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    11-21-2013 03:14 PM
    From Paul from Nexus in the thread I mentioned:

Here's the latest information I have:

This is not a hardware issue. There are several reasons you may not see Google Now which I'll outline below.

1. Double-check if Google Now is on
    It's possible you skipped turning on Google Now while you were initially setting up your device. See*this help center article*for instructions on activating Google Now.

2. Check Google Location Reporting
    Launch the Google Settings app and select Location, then look under Google Location Reporting. If this option isn't available to you then Google Location Services and Google Now are not offered in your geographic region.

3. Google Now may be disabled by your Google Apps administrator
    If you're using a Google Apps account your admin may not have activated Google Now. Please speak with your Google Apps administrator about activating Google Now.

4. Google Now isn't working with your Google Apps (free edition) account
    Some people in this thread have discovered that if their administrator toggles location services off and on again in the Google Apps administration control panel this clears up the problem on your device.

If none of the above scenarios apply to you, we'd appreciate it*if you would long-press in any open section of your home screen and then select Help & feedback >*Send feedback. When sending a feedback report it would be very helpful if you:
    Include a detailed description of the problem.
    Scroll to the bottom of the feedback tool and change the User Account setting from Anonymous to your email address.
    When you send feedback through that method it helps us gather all these sorts of reports in one place, as well as some data useful for us to diagnose issues such as this.
    ---
    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Nexus" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/googlepr...lc/unsubscribe.
    To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to nexus+unsubscribe@googleproductforums.com.
    Visit this group at Google Groups.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/googlepr...ductforums.com.
    -------------------

It's for Google Now mainly but maybe there's something here you can follow up with?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    I've tried all of these great suggestions and it's still not working for my Moto X.
    kramerica5 likes this.
    11-21-2013 05:32 PM
    I found the motorola manual for the moto x with the kit kat upgrade and this behavior is how it is described in the manual (i.e. they say tap the microphone in Google Now to do voice search). I suspect that they disabled it so it doesn't conflict with Touchless Control.
    Could you please point me to where you found this?
    11-21-2013 05:39 PM
    With the help of moto support my issues have been resolved! I cleared the all the data in my Google search app and retrained the touchless control. Its now working flawlessly. The lockscreen was user error.Because I had no lock at all not even a slide it wasnt really a lockscreen it was just my active notification screen, once I put on a slide lock I now have my camera icon and beautiful album art. Back to being a happy Moto X fanboy
    Paisley and myRT like this.
    11-21-2013 05:57 PM
    I've tried all of these great suggestions and it's still not working for my Moto X.
    Try this if you haven't yet

Settings>Accounts>Google>Search>Google Now> on

Settings>Accounts>Google>Location> on

And on same page set to "battery saving" mode. If on "Device" mode it doesn't work.

SuperChargedJ likes this.
    11-21-2013 06:17 PM
    Anyone having issues having Motorola Assist activating the Meeting mode even when they have scheduled events in their calendars where they are shown busy?

Assist only constitutes meetings when their are guest apart of the event.

11-21-2013 06:32 PM
    Try this if you haven't yet

Settings>Accounts>Google>Search>Google Now> on

Settings>Accounts>Google>Location> on

And on same page set to "battery saving" mode. If on "Device" mode it doesn't work.

I don't think Google Now hotword is supposed to work on the Moto X. Here is the Verizon Moto X (with Kit Kat upgrade) manual from Motorola's site

https://motorola-global-portal.custh..._17618001a.pdf

On page 13 about Google Now, it clearly indicates that you need to tap the microphone button to initiate voice search. Of course, you can always initiate with Touchless Control (ok google now). Perhaps they disabled it to avoid conflict between Google Now's (Ok Google) and Touchless Controls' (Ok Google Now).
    mrsmumbles and SuperChargedJ like this.
    11-21-2013 07:24 PM
    My phone tends to go black for a few seconds after unlocking from active notifications. Very annoying. Other than that, no issues
    11-21-2013 08:24 PM
    My phone tends to go black for a few seconds after unlocking from active notifications. Very annoying. Other than that, no issues
    Mine did at first, but after a reboot I haven't noticed it.
    11-21-2013 08:46 PM
    Mine did at first, but after a reboot I haven't noticed it.
    Mines still doing this!

11-21-2013 09:12 PM
    Yay, they added hangouts to Motorola connect. Motorola connect and assist are also being pushed through the play store! I'm loving the backbone we're receiving from this phone. They really want to make this their iPhone. An android phone for the masses.

Sent from my Moto X
    SuperChargedJ, Stang68 and myRT like this.
    11-21-2013 10:42 PM
    I don't think Google Now hotword is supposed to work on the Moto X. Here is the Verizon Moto X (with Kit Kat upgrade) manual from Motorola's site

https://motorola-global-portal.custh..._17618001a.pdf

On page 13 about Google Now, it clearly indicates that you need to tap the microphone button to initiate voice search. Of course, you can always initiate with Touchless Control (ok google now). Perhaps they disabled it to avoid conflict between Google Now's (Ok Google) and Touchless Controls' (Ok Google Now).
    I wish it worked though or there was a way to continue searching with the hot word while in Google now. Does the manual explain how to change the phrase "Ok Google Now"?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-22-2013 12:52 AM
    I wish it worked though or there was a way to continue searching with the hot word while in Google now. Does the manual explain how to change the phrase "Ok Google Now"?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    I've been able to use, "OK Google Now" just like I used to use, "OK Google" on my Galaxy Nexus.

Open Google Now and try:
    "OK Google Now, who is Barack Obama"
    Answer
    "OK Google Now, who is his wife?"
    Answer
    "OK Google Now, who are his kids?"
    Answer
    "OK Google Now, how old is he?"
    Answer

You get the idea. Basically, I think in best interest of not being confusing and keeping the phrase uniform across the Moto X, everything that should be, "OK Google" is "OK Google Now".
    SuperChargedJ likes this.
    11-22-2013 07:45 AM
    Mine didn't do this at all until yesterday. Two days ago I sideloaded GEL, yesterday I enabled ART. After this combo I noticed the lagging if unlocking from active notifications. If I hit the power button it's instant, it doesn't do it consistently though as some times it works good sometimes not. I switched back to Dalvik but hasn't cured it. If you're also running GEL maybe that is the issue?
    11-22-2013 08:13 AM
    I am stock, and I just noticed this behavior too.
    11-22-2013 08:53 AM
    Im not running GEL. What is dalvik and how do you use it?
    11-22-2013 09:05 AM
    I guess it seems wiser to stay on 4.2.2 right? IF I buy new, will it come w/ 4.2.2 or kit kat?
    11-22-2013 09:13 AM
    I've been able to use, "OK Google Now" just like I used to use, "OK Google" on my Galaxy Nexus.

Open Google Now and try:
    "OK Google Now, who is Barack Obama"
    Answer
    "OK Google Now, who is his wife?"
    Answer
    "OK Google Now, who are his kids?"
    Answer
    "OK Google Now, how old is he?"
    Answer

You get the idea. Basically, I think in best interest of not being confusing and keeping the phrase uniform across the Moto X, everything that should be, "OK Google" is "OK Google Now".
    Mine works that way too. I was just surprised that they disabled Google Now/Search hotword launch. Google Now/Search and Touchless Controls are separate. I expected that with Kit Kat, I could turn off Touchless Controls and still have Google Now be able to do voice search with the hotword (like any Kit Kat device does).
    11-22-2013 10:09 AM
    What about battery life? Seems Wi-Fi drains it faster post-Kitkat

11-22-2013 10:42 AM
    The first thing I noticed after installing kitkat is that the haptic feedback on the unlock screen has been toned down significantly.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    Paisley likes this.
    11-22-2013 11:08 AM
    What about battery life? Seems Wi-Fi drains it faster post-Kitkat

There are several people on Google plus reporting no change in behavior with battery... They also reset the device after the update.

11-22-2013 11:11 AM
    There are several people on Google plus reporting no change in behavior with battery... They also reset the device after the update.

What kind of reset are we talking about here? Thanks

11-22-2013 11:13 AM
    What kind of reset are we talking about here? Thanks

With a large update like this some people prefer to do a full factory reset.
    11-22-2013 12:20 PM
    for those with the lag on the lock screen turn off the lock screen security, check and then back on.
    11-22-2013 01:03 PM
92 1234