03-12-2014 05:12 PM
34 12
tools
    This same thing happened to me on Wednesday. I have a Moto X that I customized on the Moto Maker site and Sprint is my carrier. I haven't rooted or done anything techie to my phone and barely used 3 GB of my 32. I began the install of the KitKat software update while I was driving home from a work party and soon after saw the same screen you posted a picture of and all my phone would do was attempt to reboot but go back to that Fastboot screen. After spending several hours on the phone with Sprint and Motorola and even going into a Sprint service center, it was determined that my phone was toast. Motorola was the most helpful, Sprint had no idea what this was or how to fix it and said that Motorola would have to deal with it or tell them how to fix it. (Sigh) So since my phone was customized, Motorola had me remake my phone in Moto Maker for free. They said if I emailed them my new order number they would expedite the shipping when it was ready to be sent out. They think what happened was that my coverage dropped out while the update was installing which I believe to be true since it is spotty in my neighborhood and I have to use an AIRAVE to get a strong signal at my house. I really didn't think about this at the time, I was just excited for the update. I have only had the Moto X for a month and was excited to finally get KitKat but now I'm without a phone for a week possibly. I just thought I'd put my experience on here to help out anyone else who this might happen to. Go deal directly with Motorola if you bought it from them. If you got it from Sprint, they will most likely have to give you a new phone.
    12-21-2013 11:38 AM
    I recently purchased the Moto X 32gb and a 16gb as gifts for myself and wife via MotoMaker for Verizon. I was able to update the Moto X 16gb to Kit Kat without any issues, but when I tried on 12/28 to update the 32gb the system end-up as described. I spent over 2 hours on the telephone between Verizon and Motorola only to end-up with no resolution. Both Verizon and Motorola are stumped. However Motorola is sending out a new 32gb system. After reading AnthroLiz’s comment however it resembled what happened to me within my kitchen. For some unknown reason during the download connectivity was lost. I never paid any attention to that significant piece of information until after reading Anthroliz’s post.

AnthroLiz, that may be the reason for the brick result of 32gb Moto X. The packet may become corrupt during download. Would anyone know if Motorola, Sprint or Verizon are aware of this probability?
    12-30-2013 07:26 PM
    What if you try to flash it back to stock using rsd and them try the download again

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    12-31-2013 09:26 AM
    No, were can I download the latest RSD. Ran across links but no exe on XDA.

Sent from my DROID4 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-31-2013 05:09 PM
    Not to jump in here quick. I've never been on here before but i'm kinda a loss right now. New X purchase 5 days old and my son manages get a hold of it....for a very extended time mind you. I had a pattern lock in place. I cannot get past the screen lock now although it seems to function and can still get in calls and messaging. It has a orange triangle service icon. I tried both a soft and hard boots to no avail. I do get into the boot menu and select recovery and volume up. It blanks and goes right into reboot. This is my first Android adventure but not my first time around the block. I don't get it. Anyone have any idea's? I would really hate to have US Cellular have it fixed....and grounding someone until 30 lol
    01-13-2014 11:14 PM
    Not to jump in here quick. I've never been on here before but i'm kinda a loss right now. New X purchase 5 days old and my son manages get a hold of it....for a very extended time mind you. I had a pattern lock in place. I cannot get past the screen lock now although it seems to function and can still get in calls and messaging. It has a orange triangle service icon. I tried both a soft and hard boots to no avail. I do get into the boot menu and select recovery and volume up. It blanks and goes right into reboot. This is my first Android adventure but not my first time around the block. I don't get it. Anyone have any idea's? I would really hate to have US Cellular have it fixed....and grounding someone until 30
    01-13-2014 11:25 PM
    If that's a Motomaker phone i would think it could be sent back to Moto for repair if RSDlite doesn't work. They would send you back a matching phone at least if it can't be repaired instead of a refurb i would think

Posted via Android Central App
    01-13-2014 11:29 PM
    I got the same issue and it got resolved when i tried below

Once you get the error message, Press Volume Up and Down simultaneously and Press Power Button. It resolved and launched Normal Recovery. Once it started, it will again shutdown and update the KitKat Version
    03-10-2014 05:30 PM
    If you set up your google back up you should have no problem restoring a wiped phone.
    How to Back Up an Android Phone on the Google Cloud: 5 Steps
    I have mine set up for just this kind of incident. It's also an easy way to get everything set up on a new phone with no hassles.
    03-12-2014 05:12 PM
34 12