12-19-2013 02:09 PM
28 12
tools
    After a month with phone, I find the active display to be the greatest differentiator. Brilliant execution.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah. everyone i show the notifications and always ready to want those features. They still aren't ready to switch from what they know, and what they're friends tell them is best (samsung) but if people could open their brain to the possibility of trying a new phone, they would be so glad they did.

Today i was in the elevator with someone from my company, for a specific reason i mentioned the always listening and the phone find feature, she was so wide-eyed and wanted that feature so bad. She had a company issued Galaxy, she def would prefer the moto.

for regular people they could give 2 s--ts abut kitkat (i love tech and couldn't give 2 hoots myself) I think it might catch on with geeks over time but only because it is coupled with software advancements other than o/s updates. but it will never be a game-changer for raw power spec enthusiasts who’s main goal is specs.

but the main problem is people aren't willing to trust something new and not recommended and kit-kat or the next o/s update means nothing for them. My co-worker wanted a smaller phone than a galaxy, i recommended the droid mini. Guess what she ended up with, a Galaxy S4, because her sister told her it was good. lol. If anything, in the end the game-changer will be, a phone about feature and function and not a phone for spec-nuts. Even though web o/s in the end didn't work out, they just didn't have the support, but that's what they did, and i'll miss them forever. Hopefully form, function and features matter sometime soon.

But it might pressure other makers to push for faster updates just to not look dumb.
    12-19-2013 01:40 PM
    Yeah. everyone i show the notifications and always ready to want those features. They still aren't ready to switch from what they know, and what they're friends tell them is best (samsung) but if people could open their brain to the possibility of trying a new phone, they would be so glad they did.

Today i was in the elevator with someone from my company, for a specific reason i mentioned the always listening and the phone find feature, she was so wide-eyed and wanted that feature so bad. She had a company issued Galaxy, she def would prefer the moto.

for regular people they could give 2 s--ts abut kitkat (i love tech and couldn't give 2 hoots myself) but the main problem is people aren't willing to trust something new and not recommended. My co-worker wanted a smaller phone than a galaxy, i recommended the droid mini. Guess what she ended up with, a Galaxy S4, because her sister told her it was good. lol. If anything, in the end the game-changer will be, a phone about feature and function and not a phone for spec-nuts. Even though web o/s in the end didn't work out, they just didn't have the support, but that's what they did, and i'll miss them forever. Hopefully form, function and features matter sometime soon.
    I agree with many things you said, but there are many other factors that go into a phone than just features. Screen quality and camera are very important to a lot of people. Personally, I hated the screen on the moto x when I had one. The camera is only passable at best. Specs do still matter to an extent b.c they make the overall experience better (screen, camera, performance are all specs). Also, the moto was not as smooth on kitkat compared to the nexus 5. This is not something I read, but something I experienced having the two phones side by side.

The moto x is a great phone, but if a camera and accurate screen are important it is not the way to go. Personally, I think someone with an iphone or galaxy would be disappointed in those two things.
    12-19-2013 01:55 PM
    I agree with many things you said, but there are many other factors that go into a phone than just features. Screen quality and camera are very important to a lot of people. Personally, I hated the screen on the moto x when I had one. The camera is only passable at best. Specs do still matter to an extent b.c they make the overall experience better (screen, camera, performance are all specs). Also, the moto was not as smooth on kitkat compared to the nexus 5. This is not something I read, but something I experienced having the two phones side by side.

The moto x is a great phone, but if a camera and accurate screen are important it is not the way to go. Personally, I think someone with an iphone or galaxy would be disappointed in those two things.
    Agree 100%. Same thing happened to me with the Palm Pre, loved the phone so much but the camera was…um..yeah, not good. But believe me, i lived with that s--t cuz everything else was there for me but it was a challenge. a camera should def. not be one of the worse among the big boys, doesn't have to be the best for sure but it’s the one thing at the top of my list for moto x improvement, I think they have to get that together, as opposed to the type of raw power needed for 3D gaming type of thing, the vast vast majority of android users are not race car 3D gamers. Or the difference between, focusing on a good camera and not say, an even higher MP camera with the same low light results. Agree, they can’t let the moto fall behind in screen and cam. ESP considering that awesome twisty cam feature and then have a camera really lagging behind it’s competitors. But if the screen needs to be as is in order to have the features it has, they shouldn’t compromise advancement in features. And if the 800 Quad core whatever makes the N5 "smoother on KK" than moto, i'll take the non 800Quad core if it means the features are compromised in any way. Cuz if that's the case, it's an N5/S4/LG 2. And if an o/s needs that much power (last processor out) for it to run smoothly, it’s the o/s that needs work.

and let's not forget battery life as a spec. Run an lcd the screen and battery life (a true function) will suffer. There is often a trade-off. Note, hot freakin' phone, but not pocketable.
    12-19-2013 02:09 PM
28 12