Is this update a game changer for Motorola?

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the update itself but the effect it'll have on perspective buyers and the market for future Motorola devices. I know the common consumer doesn't really know or care about OTAs and updates but there's a segment that does take it into consideration and I believe that segment is growing.

One of the big knocks on Motorola in the past has been the lack of support for their phones but this proves that times are a changin'. Over on reddit, Nexus users are super butthurt about the Moto X getting Kit Kat already. I've got a Nexus 7 myself but still find that pretty amusing.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I was just talking to my dad (fellow moto X owner) about this earlier and I agree. I think people will be reevaluating this sexy little phone now :)

-Moto X-

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about the update itself but the effect it'll have on perspective buyers and the market for future Motorola devices. I know the common consumer doesn't really know or care about OTAs and updates but there's a segment that does take it into consideration and I believe that segment is growing.

One of the big knocks on Motorola in the past has been the lack of support for their phones but this proves that times are a changin'. Over on reddit, Nexus users are super butthurt about the Moto X getting Kit Kat already. I've got a Nexus 7 myself but still find that pretty amusing.

In the eyes of regular folk, its irrelevant. But still. Its a good sign.this new Moto is making moves.

Posted via Android Central App

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
In the eyes of regular folk, its irrelevant.

Yea, I mentioned that in the OP but I also think the general population is becoming more tech savvy even if it's incremental. Just think about all the tech sites, blogs and various social media that are out there now.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the reason I myself am thinking about making the switch to the Moto X. Currently on an iPhone and ehh. I need some variety. It was fun while it lasted but the Moto X is really calling me. Either that or the Nexus 5. I'll probably go for the Moto X because I like the size as well.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
IMO the game changer is the great screen, perfect size, and speedy software. Samsung and LG are what's wrong with phones and Moto bucked that worsening trend

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
After a month with phone, I find the active display to be the greatest differentiator. Brilliant execution.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just the too big phones with really really bad software on top of android

OK.. But that's not ruining phones because a lot of us like big screens and a lot of consumers apparently like the added software. But I won't quibble if you just want to rant. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the reason I myself am thinking about making the switch to the Moto X. Currently on an iPhone and ehh. I need some variety. It was fun while it lasted but the Moto X is really calling me. Either that or the Nexus 5. I'll probably go for the Moto X because I like the size as well.

I owned the OG Droid, HTC Incredible, GNex, iPhone 4/4s/5/5s, and my Moto X arrived on Tuesday. I think its a fantastic phone. Obviously the camera isnt as good as the iphone and IMO its not as smooth but the features it offers outweighs that IMO. Love the phone and its gonna be a tough fight between the MX and 5s to see which one goes in my pocket!

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the always listening features are a great selling point, but my verizon store reps didn't speak about them when I went to look at phones. I especially like find my phone!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
over the past one month there has been an increase in activity in Moto X forum

lot of new users posting opinions about Moto X and asking help..

the $350 deal def pulled many in to the Moto X bandwagon

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
over the past one month there has been an increase in activity in Moto X forum

lot of new users posting opinions about Moto X and asking help..

the $350 deal def pulled many in to the Moto X bandwagon

Not just that, but also all the good coverage, too, like Android Central calling it the best Android phone right now and the quick update to Kit Kat.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I owned the OG Droid, HTC Incredible, GNex, iPhone 4/4s/5/5s, and my Moto X arrived on Tuesday. I think its a fantastic phone. Obviously the camera isnt as good as the iphone and IMO its not as smooth but the features it offers outweighs that IMO. Love the phone and its gonna be a tough fight between the MX and 5s to see which one goes in my pocket!

The camera has been one of my deciding factors. I love taking pictures and I haven't found a phone that has as good of a camera as the iPhone does. I heard that with the 4.4 update to the Moto X, there was a camera update. Anyone know how much better it actually is?